Ambient and chill, topic 3045

Cinos

Yeah. Recommend me chill and ambient that sounds like, hm, high mountains with crystal streams of water, sunsets and sunrises, you know, all that stuff.

Not forest ambient like Shpongle or void ambient like Steve Roach... I want norwegian mountain ambient! :)

Ultimae Records!

410721[/snapback]

Which only release stuff by Aes Dana, HUVA, Solar Fields, Carbon Based, all boring-ass crap.

Other stuff please.

Which only release stuff by Aes Dana, HUVA, Solar Fields, Carbon Based, all boring-ass crap.

410730[/snapback]

CBL boring? Harsh words.

But I agree, concerning Norwegian Mountain landscapes I'd like to listen to anything but organic ambient like CBL or whatever. In fact, I wouldn't listen to psy at all I think.

Mountain Ambient...

Well, this is hard for me, you know. In the Norwegian Mountains I'd probably put on some dark ambient ... well, rather depressive than dark. Something like Vinterriket. Yep. Norwegian mountains in snowy mist and cold = Vinterriket! But that is probably nothing for you, Cinos ... except if you like your musical meal served ice cold and depressive.

Hmmm...

Okay, but I really could have something for you, Cinos.

Wongraven is the band's name, Tiden Er En Stenlagt Grav is the song. Wongraven make other good songs, but that is probably one of their nicest. What I like about them is that their sound is not cold, but rather warm. Ideal to go to sleep and dream a bit of nordic nature - which is what I am doing to this music :)

Ash Ra Tempel - New Age of Earth (1976)

Happy, sunny, atmospheric. I think it would go well with beautiful sunny mountain sceneries.. and the 4th track at nighttime.

That is, if you can see past the "dated" sound and listen to the actual music. I think it's nice for a change, these old skool analog sounds. They don't sound so clinical and perfect like today's music, and that's what makes it warm and alive. This is much better than most of today's melodic chillout music (that's just me, I have a weakness for music from that period).

410730[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Man you are so damn funny. You don't know what ambient is.. if "Shpongle" is Ambient to you, then Cannibal Corpse is Ambient to me. But wait, this has been discussed already...

Yeah. Recommend me chill and ambient that sounds like, hm, high mountains with crystal streams of water, sunsets and sunrises, you know, all that stuff.

Not forest ambient like Shpongle or void ambient like Steve Roach... I want norwegian mountain ambient!  :)

410715[/snapback]

being norwegian myself and very much influenced by our climate, you could try my album. its free for download :) and please dont be turned off by the fact that it is free.. i did this album for promotion. my "real" album is coming out fall 2006 approx.. you can read a review of it here:

http://www.sonic-energy.net/

download it here:

http://www.hellven.org/hlv02.html

might not be what you are looking for, but its pretty chill, and inspired by the norwegian winter :)

respectfully,

.xerxes

When you mention cold norwegian mountain ambient, Biosphere is obviously what springs to mind, but whether you'll like it Cinos isn't easy to know with your narrow taste in music. The classic "Substrata" is a great one, and also the latest release "Dropsonde". That one won't be out until february though, but I guess you can find samples already now.

try mum's yesterday was dramatic, today is okay

but one has to really listen to it, if played in the background and not payed attention to, it sounds boring

411068[/snapback]

most music does.. except pop, which is boring regardless of how you listen to it :)

.x

being norwegian myself and very much influenced by our climate, you could try my album. its free for download :) and please dont be turned off by the fact that it is free.. i did this album for promotion. my "real" album is coming out fall 2006 approx.. you can read a review of it here:

http://www.sonic-energy.net/

download it here:

http://www.hellven.org/hlv02.html

might not be what you are looking for, but its pretty chill, and inspired by the norwegian winter :)

respectfully,

.xerxes

410990[/snapback]

Check back later if you want some opinions.