Talamasca - Overload

This tune seems to generate some buzz here and there. I thought i should open here a topic as well, cause it's sounds pretty much Goa. Talamasca really surprises this time. Once a year he releases a bomb and this is this year's example.

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=5078

Discuss?

ok I listened to it again.I must admit talamasca was one of the first projects I heard and I loved Cedric work back then...well,this track makes me remind those days,for sure it's pretty much goaish wich makes me like it but...but...it could be a little better :) I don't like the constant changes of bass notes,but that's my opinion,off course.Overload,oops,overall it seems a great track,made me curious to hear it in a party.if he keeps going in this direction maybe he'll get a new fan :)

Edit:excellent sound production as always :)

The lead is much too guitar-like for me, the vocal samples are utterly pointless and it needs more layering and filter sweeps - but it is indeed a step in the right direction... Perhaps the gig in Sweden with Filteria had some influence on him =) (I wasn't there but I heard the crowd didn't cheer nearly as much for Talamasca...)

The key changes are annoying though, and the track is too cheesy. Full-on needs more mystery and hypnosis.

must admit it's one of the most euphorical and melodic fullon songs released in 2005...

It reminds me of that super track 'cancer' they released on their album before talmasca and friends...

also that super melodic and non stop wave....

It reminds me of that super track 'cancer' they released on their album before talmasca and friends...

324722[/snapback]

Yeah the best by Talamasca what I've heard. The ending is just beautiful :wub:

Some new old school artist should make a rmx about the end of that track

:)

as far as i'm concerned very few are better at creating melodies than talamasca is... take his last album for instance: in overall it was mediocre, but if you just listen at the last bit of every track you hear nothing but beautiful melodies

i really don't get the buzz about this track...

talamasca has done much better tracks before...

the melody is nothing special, the track lacks layers like ukiro said...

i just can't get into his music nowdays...

i gave up after musica divinorum... i mean go listen to tracks on that one and compare with "overload"....

Neo Full On Anthem.

If you put this track into 'nowerdays full on' box, I agree this mr. Rain, it sounds good. But on the other hand it's toooo cheesy... I mean come on, don't you hear Tiesto/PvD influences?

Euro-full-on-trance =)

Everyone's down on it here on the forums... why the fuck is that? This is a wicked anthem, and the crowds totally love it up.

Cedric's back on track for sure.

324785[/snapback]

I bet that if it was the same track but by let's say, Filteria, everybody would get frenzy here. People usually don't see beyond the artist name and the label name. Which is shame, cause Cedric has a hand in a lot of old school classics, and he knows his shit.

this song would have been cool when i just started listening to goa/psy back in 98

it now sounds like a cross-over between typical TV Trance / Happy hardcore and full-on... but perhaps this is the nowadays full-on sound anyway, but i don't check out that genre at all..

I bet that if it was the same track but by let's say, Filteria, everybody would get frenzy here. People usually don't see beyond the artist name and the label name. Which is shame, cause Cedric has a hand in a lot of old school classics, and he knows his shit.

324823[/snapback]

Perhaps this is true for some, but I rip Jannis (Filteria) apart whenever he sends me some demo that isn't up to par =)

Yes, Cedric knows his shit. But for me, this is way too cheesy. Very sweet production and much more melodic and euphoric than most full-on these days, sure - but it still sounds much too stale and "sober" to me. I want intoxicating music, which I think is not too much to ask from a genre called psychedelic trance. I hope this track is the start of a new trend, but I'll sit back and wait some more before I pull out my wallet.

baah these melodies are so incredible cheap, sounds like a beginner playing around with keyboards.

on the other side the power of the track is cool. but i would never play it cause of these lame melodies. he managed to do it better with his guitar tracks.

the synths that come in at 0:05 and remains throughout the whole sample annoys the hell out of me.

Try Odyssey instead, much better :)

I mean come on, don't you hear Tiesto/PvD influences?

Euro-full-on-trance =)

yes indeed, so?

324929[/snapback]

<_<

So... euro-trance suxx and if you mix shit with 'what has be deep and transcedental' you get half-shit.