Worst production on a released psy album?

Cinos

Muses Rapt - Spiritual Healing and You

It's incredible how bad these sound, really. Say what you will about the actual music, but the production quality is truly horrible.

Sounds are at uneven stages, keys don't fit together, and some of the stuff is plain childish. I wonder if they just released these without listening, because I have a hard time imagining these passing quality control. <_<

What's the deal? :unsure:

And mention some other laughable production, too.

Early Shiva Shidapu stuff, it all was created in Impulse Tracker 2 (Power of celtic / Flipper etc..), bad sample quality and mono sound etc... and to me the music was crap as well... ;)

http://www.psynews.org/reviews/shivaspa.htm

It's incredible how bad these sound, really. Say what you will about the actual music, but the production quality is truly horrible.

Sounds are at uneven stages, keys don't fit together, and some of the stuff is plain childish. I wonder if they just released these without listening, because I have a hard time imagining these passing quality control.  <_<

What's the deal?  :unsure:

And mention some other laughable production, too.

310684[/snapback]

dare i say it... :ph34r: filteria ... sky input...it sounds as if the production was dragged backwards through a bed of nails and then polished with barbed wire.

im not dissing the music or idea. it just sounds like it was recorded at 64bit.

dare i say it... :ph34r:  filteria ... sky input...it sounds as if the production was dragged backwards through a bed of nails and then polished with barbed wire.

im not dissing the music or idea. it just sounds like it was recorded at 64bit.

310688[/snapback]

64-bit? Do you mean 8-bit? [/geek]

Dark Soho - Sunspot

Original version on Sphere Records was released in mono!  :blink:

/DP

310696[/snapback]

Mono is not bad if it is used for effect. They say you should have a lot of stuff in your mix in mono to get it really pumping.

BTW: RHCP - Californication is recorded in mono.

Xenomorph - Qlippoth ( music is nice but the production sounds so raw and bland )

X-Dream - We Interface ( I like tracks but to regress their production from brilliantly produced Radio to this release is real shame )

Early Shiva Shidapu stuff, it all was created in Impulse Tracker 2 (Power of celtic / Flipper etc..), bad sample quality and mono sound etc... and to me the music was crap as well... ;)

http://www.psynews.org/reviews/shivaspa.htm

310687[/snapback]

One of my all time fav. albums.. !!!!ever!!!! is like stated above. Terrible when it comes to the production. But the music, heart, soul and understanding of "making a world to trip in". This album is insanly smart and well made.

Shiva Sidpao : The Album

Insane I tell Yha!! Psychedelica insanita musika for da heart and mind.

Listen to tracks like: Shiva Devotional (!!!!!!), Spacewalk, Egokiller (Rmx) and Power Of The Darkside.

:::Pure bliss:::

and to me the music was crap as well...

:o How dare you!! :o I will kill you untill you are dead you dirty bastard!

Sunday, August 6 , 2000

One year ago this album and in particular song nr. 5 Shiva Devotional was my ABSOLUTE FAV'E piece of psytrance.... Man, I must have listened to that track a 1000 times, and it's still incredible... "GONAM!" :) It's so brilliant and intelligent, and SMASHING hard with the killer build-ups and the FANTASTIC breaks... Good shit! But the rest of the album also deserves alot of attention: The Power Of The Darkside, Egokiller (Rmx) and The Power Of Celtic (Rmx) are all great tracks! Luuuv that sound after approx. 5 minutes in Egokiller!... That ALWAYS blows the dancefloor... Yeah! This is the shit, and is among my alltime fav'e psytrance-albums... Get it!! Rating: 9,2/10 Bom shankar!... And "GONAM!"

-deathposture

Dude! You melted my heart brother :D

310684[/snapback]

considering spiritual healing released in 1998 I don't agree with you but I know what you mean...

:o How dare you!! :o I will kill you untill you are dead you dirty bastard!

310746[/snapback]

go ahead and kill me but i find it poor and very cheesy, almost too much of an attempt to create cheesy bom shiva/buddha/religious trance.. :rolleyes:

considering spiritual healing released in 1998 I don't agree with you but I know what you mean...

310748[/snapback]

X-Dream - Radio was also released in '98.

Here are my "favorites"

http://www.discogs.com/release/263809

Aweful music, aweful production.

http://www.discogs.com/release/292330

This album is as dynamic as 3 80 year old men in a bridge game.

It's just violently over compressed. Can't stand it.

A lot of the recent Dark Psy sounds like garbage. No need to name it all. Besides the Russian and the Danish (Parvati) stuff that sounds crystal clear.

Mono is not bad if it is used for effect. They say you should have a lot of stuff in your mix in mono to get it really pumping.

BTW: RHCP - Californication is recorded in mono.

310719[/snapback]

No way!!! Are you serious???

It was recorded live in hot sweaty clubs; a lot of the instruments went out of tune badly during the course of the gigs, in particular the 303 on Cosmic Ripple and in Kundalini where the Silver Machine (Nigel's home-made synth) came in not only out of tune but in entirely the wrong place, played for a while then stopped responding to pitch information entirely - at which point I muted it on the mixer. There are other major blunders in there too. The main point of that album was that I think it managed to capture some of the (unique, I think) vibe that we generated on stage with that particular line-up and stage setup. To this day I'm still very proud of it for that although aspects of it make me cringe at some points because, to my ears at least, parts of it just sound wrong. :D I realise that the artist is quite often their own worst critic though, and I'm very glad that many people have enjoyed the album for what it is - a celebration of live music made because it was really, truly the only thing we wanted to do with our lives.

Still is, too.

"http://www.discogs.com/release/292330

It's just violently over compressed. Can't stand it."

yea, the production on this album ruins what could have been a masterpiece.

Somehow every synth virtually sounds the same, so much eq on it to try to sound "clear" that its like a big pile of sonic clear/brittle/balless mush.

"http://www.discogs.com/release/292330

It's just violently over compressed. Can't stand it."

yea, the production on this album ruins what could have been a masterpiece.

Somehow every synth virtually sounds the same, so much eq on it to try to sound "clear" that its like a big pile of sonic clear/brittle/balless mush.

310822[/snapback]

Oh, it's nice to hear. Looks like you are the second person in the world that agrees with me on this one.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

I wouldn't say that its the worst but I really dislike the mastering on the nabi records cd's ....

310716[/snapback]

really? :blink:

what release are you considering? all?

I mean 148 was mastered by Xenomorph if i remember well, and then for the next ones by Triptych