Any good alternative to Juno Reactor?

juice99

Hello, im completly new to psychedelic trance or even trance ;) but i liked Juno Reactor a lot ( i know he is maybe not strict psy trance, but it has something to do with it)

So, since i listened to him for so many hours, im now looking for something similar. Anything you could recomend me?

Thanks in advance

Hello, im completly new to psychedelic trance or even trance ;) but i liked Juno Reactor a lot ( i know he is maybe not strict psy trance, but it has something to do with it)

So, since i listened to him for so many hours, im now looking for something similar. Anything you could recomend me?

Thanks in advance

245147[/snapback]

hmmmm....well, i love juno reactor, but its not typical psychedelic trance. albeit very good (whatever it is, hehhe). i can think of similar acts, but they arnt neccesarily psychedelic trance acts.

try: (non-psytrance)

* Portishead

* Morcheeba

not trance at all, but for some reason portishead reminds me of juno reactor. nevertheless both are totally excellent. worth a listen. very chilled out.

if you want something more dubby, but still psychedelic

* Hallucinogen - In Dub

* Ott - Blumenkraft

or if you want something more psychedelic and twisted, yet still chilled out and very original albums

* Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible

* Shpongle - Are you shpongled?

* Infected Mushroom - B.P. Empire.

* Chillum 3

and if you want some light moring tasteful full on psytrance try

* Silicon Sound

* Protoculture

and if you want some aggressive dark psychedelic stuff try:

* P.P.S Project - AC vs DC

* Anything off TimeCode Records

* CPU - Computer Error

I think personally all the names i have given are all really good. definitely all worth a listen. hope that helps a bit mate.

OD.

that's the beauty of JUNO REACTOR.the flawless combination of electronic music with a range of oncredibile variety and influences.what are your favourite tracks/albums?imo one of the best tracks is jardin de cecile.but-ahh,what am i saying i cant make up my mind.a lot of tracks are big time KILLERS-guardian angel-the begging is absolutely incredibile,masters of the universe-top notch,also children of the night,conga fury-the first tune i listened to from juno reactor-incredibile voice,feel the universe.i also love CONQUISTADOR both parts.i think i've missed a lot of them but i gotta go.see ya

Medicine Drum has the closest sound to Juno, imo. Try the older stuff first, though.

Shiva Chandra's first two albums are also <somewhat> a bit similar. :P

OD, Portishead reminds you on Juno Reactor ?!?!? :huh:

Huh, man, i've never heard anything more crazy than that, sorry...not offending you, just absolutely gob smacked... ;)

Basilisk was right, Medicine Drum 'could' be it but it is not. It has tribal feel to it, but doesn't have Juno's dreamy scales....

There is really no group that can even remotley sound like Juno...I am not praising them, just they are too original for anyone to even make similar style...

Check their collaborations with Don Davis for Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions, that is a bit different Juno with classical touch...very interesting...;)

so hard to choose which ones i liked the most...

guardian angel, jardin de cecile, silver, solaris

maybe children of the night, i also liked a little stronger sounding swamp thing.

I really like when the mood is first being set up and then sounds come progressivly but to something quite strong (just not too much tho)

i like tribal/ethnic sounds that are with other electronic sounds

And i really enjoyed Conquistador 1 and 2 part. When the mood was being created (but it was not boring like sometimes it is). The spanish guitar or something was just right :)

Also sorry if i said something stupid, im completly new to this kind of music at all, not only trance :P but electronic music.

but i think i just didnt know what i was missing.

i suppose i rather try something that is considered a good thing than try something that is not too good but sounds a little like Juno.

So if you have anything that is maybe not so similar to Juno (just a little is enough i guess :P ) , but is considered good by many, please post, i will try it all :)

well if Portishead gets recommended then i'll have to recommend Massive Attack because i find they have more dreamy positivity in their songs where portishead have more dreamy melancholy. but i'm really only referring to the albums Dummy and Protection since i haven't heard much more from them. :)

As already pointed out there is no groups that can really be compared to Juno Reactor, they are just too unique. I still feel that Medicine Drum is a good tip though, especially their early stuff is good shit. Check out tracks like "Ulhuru" and "Wizard's Brew" for an idea.

Maybe you'll like hilight tribe if You're looking for an artist simular to Juno reactor.

There are no other artists like Juno, hilight tribe is the closest to their sound i know.

Daft Punk, Chemical Bothers, Depeche Mode.

No, i don't like new Juno filled with cheesy sounds.

I like early Juno.

245727[/snapback]

juno is cheesy

and u recommend daft punk, which is not cheesy ? ?

taste is taste but really now, how do u come up with this stuff? :huh::blink:

Juno is Juno

God is God

A faggot is a faggot

btw man I don't think Juno cheesy as you do... know that we diverge and share concepts, but hey, if Juno's cheesy, what about

Astrix feat. Michelle Adamson - Closer to Heaven

that's a super cheesy level 10 for instance?

Daft Punk, Chemical Bothers, Depeche Mode.

No, i don't like new Juno filled with cheesy sounds.

I like early Juno.

245727[/snapback]

i agree with unikos-if juno is cheesy than what about daft punk?

come on man,be serious.i'm a big fan of DM so i understand.and i also enjoy chemical,though i haven't listened to them for a long time.not to interested now,anyway:)

hey juice99,i remembered now-as i listen o shpongle-the 7th revelation-btw u gotta hear this-a good alternative to juno-not as a style,though more like the composition of the album and basically the way in which the tracks blend together

to form a strong and single whole.it's impertaive that u hEar this:ETNICA-EQUATOR

guys,what do u think?

hey juice99,i remembered now-as i listen o shpongle-the 7th revelation-btw u gotta hear this-a good alternative to juno-not as a style,though more like the composition of the album and basically the way in which the tracks blend together

245809[/snapback]

I actually agree on that. Shpongle tracks, and that in particular, remind in some way of Juno.

And I also second that other comment. If Juno is cheesy, what are Daft Punk? Seriously, Ale, stop posting. :rolleyes: