Just got word.....ASTRAL PROJECTION!

Dj-Emotion

They will be playing here - HOLLYWOOD, CALIFORNIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck ya!!!!

April 30th at the AVALON in Hollywood

I can't wait, I'm gonna get my ticket next week...woohooo.....who else has seen them this tour?

What did you guys think?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest .::E.P

I am very good friends with Avi and Lior. We go back a long time. I am playing with them in Denmark on the 27th of May. Even though I love them for who they are as persons I think they have skimmed the milk a bit too long on their old style. It's getting boring in my opinion. They are very talented musicians and I know they could do so much more than what they do.

It's sad to see so many talented musicians in this scene settle on a sound and style and then never develope from there. It's simply too easy and only because of money. Sadly :(

But as I said I love those 2 guys. And we always have a laugh together :)

I agree with EP,

(although i dont know Avi and Lior hehe) they've stuck to the same sound for too long. I heard them live at full-moon festival in germany two years ago, and they mostly played all their old tracks with the occasional new tweak. I was rather disappointed... But for old-skool goa style, they are still the kings hehe.

Enjoy Hollywood!

I am very good friends with Avi and Lior. We go back a long time. I am playing with them in Denmark on the 27th of May.  Even though I love them for who they are as persons I think they have skimmed the milk a bit too long on their old style. It's getting boring in my opinion.  They are very talented musicians and I know they could do so much more than what they do.

It's sad to see so many talented musicians in this scene settle on a sound and style and then never develope from there. It's simply too easy and only because of money.  Sadly :(

But as I said I love those 2 guys.  And we always have a laugh together :)

241821[/snapback]

you are absolutey right!

Avi and Lior are both amazing human beings!

Avi Nissim will always have a special place in my heart....

you wonna hear the story???? Lets go!

it was in september 2003. I went to see an artist workshop of Astral, but only Avi had arrived.

i was very very excited, cause it was the first time i saw him, and seeing him was one of my dream. The workshop was very very interesting. Amazing.

after the workshop i came to him and told him this :"Avi, Astral Projection changed my life... you just cant imagine yourself how..." and than suddely he just gave the most heart worming hug i got so far! (even now when i remmeber this i can steel feel it...) he also singed my copy of Amen and it was written:"Dear Nadav (thats my name) thank you very much for your support, we love you, Astral projection".

Also in the workshop i gave him a nine pages later that i wrote to him and to lior. In this letter i told them about myself, how i discovered trance music, when was the first time i listend to them, and what i think about thier amazing music.

two days after i cheked my mail box, and i saw a letter from Avi Nissim!

it was written there: Dear Nadav,

Yesturday when i came home after the first workshop i have ever participated in my life i saw on my sofa a bunch of cd's that i reseeved from some precious souls in the workshop, And among them, I saw a very thik envelope, that caught my atention, so i decided to open it first.

Nadav, what can i say? you made me feel excited!

Thank you very very much for you love and support twards us, You are a precious man, who know what he wants!

and he also written some other things... which i'll keep them for myself for the moment ;)

well also when im gouning to partys thatastral play in, he invites me to be on the stage with him, and we talk after the party....just an Amazing guy!

There is anothe thing i will not forget:

it was on the 25.3.2004

Guy sebbag (one of the israeli trance and electronic music pioneer) was playing a dj set together with avi in a club near my house. i knew that there was an age limit of 24, but i decided that i cant miss this event and i decided to go ni matter what will happen. well, i arrived the club amd tried my luck getting in. i stood up in the line, and the selector told me:" Let me see your I.D. please"

what could i do? i gave him my ID, and he told me:"sorry kid, i cant let you in..."

(i forgot to say i was only 16.5 years old at the time). so when plan A didnt work, i decided to activate plan B :P

i wated for more than an hour for Avi and Guy to arrive, and when Avi had arrive, he saw me outsode the club and asked me: "what are you doing outside?"

i told him:"the selector wont let me in because of my age.."

Than he told me:"come with me, there will be problem now".

i that moment i felt like im gonna cry from joy! (even now when im remmebering this). we went in and it was the most amazing party i have ever been in! i had the best tome of my life!!!! they played only oldschoo music!!! what an expirince!

these are the two major events that granted avi a special plance in my heart forever!

we also e-mail each other, talk in the phone rarely... and who knows... maby some day i'll also visit astral projection studio :)

have a good day

Very cool story Shaman...

They are indeed very nice people... I've seen them live twice - last time was in 2000 and it was pretty fucking good... They played old-school the entire night... I also had the chance to meet the guys backstage and they were very friendly indeed... Unfortunately I don't really dig on their new stuff...

DP

I am very good friends with Avi and Lior. We go back a long time. I am playing with them in Denmark on the 27th of May.  Even though I love them for who they are as persons I think they have skimmed the milk a bit too long on their old style. It's getting boring in my opinion.  They are very talented musicians and I know they could do so much more than what they do.

It's sad to see so many talented musicians in this scene settle on a sound and style and then never develope from there. It's simply too easy and only because of money.  Sadly :(

But as I said I love those 2 guys.  And we always have a laugh together :)

241821[/snapback]

Hehe, I just saw your name on the flyer EP :D

Maybe you will get lucky and meet me ;)

I've seen them live 6 times, and who knows how many times i've been in their Dj sets....!!

I'm not going to listen to them again for nothing.....Unless something changes dramatically in their music.....!!

Lots of respect to them as musicians....!!

Yes you are :)

But how come you play as a DJ and not as an artist? :S

242089[/snapback]

I have been playing as a Dj for 12+ years so it's nothing new. And I dont play live with Elysium since all music is way too old. And Holm & Andersen is so new with only a few releases so far that there's not enough material for a liveset.

On top of that i dont like to play "live" when I cant be paid enough to have real musicians on the stage with me. It's not at all live if you stand behind a computer that does almost all the work. It's ripping off people's money in my opinion. At least as a DJ I work for my salery :)

I haven't heard the newer album TEN....ANd i've been trying to find AMEN on vinyl but that's been extremely hard.....but I do look forward to hearing all their stuff live........gonna be fun!

On top of that i dont like to play "live" when I cant be paid enough to have real musicians on the stage with me.  It's not at all live if you stand behind a computer that does almost all the work.  It's ripping off people's money in my opinion.  At least as a DJ I work for my salery :)

242099[/snapback]

well here's an honest word... I think the same way... I've seen artist playing 'live' and then there cd just is damaged and you can hear him how do say that ??? when he keeps repeating the same second... the cd is stuck...

so far for the live act :rolleyes:

I haven't heard the newer album TEN....ANd i've been trying to find AMEN on vinyl but that's been extremely hard.....but I do look forward to hearing all their stuff live........gonna be fun!

242106[/snapback]

well TEN has nothing to do with astral it's just typical morning fullon and most rmx aren't that good.... so I won't call it the new album of astral if you know what I mean ;)

well TEN has nothing to do with astral it's just typical morning fullon and most rmx aren't that good.... so I won't call it the new album of astral if you know what I mean  ;)

242109[/snapback]

Yeah i agree.....that's why i haven't bothered to even try and find TEN.....but I can't wait to hear their classics!!

Plus we don't them over here too much on the Western Hemisphere.....now if i just hadn't missed cosmosis......oh well

WOOHOO APRIL 30th

Yeah i agree.....that's why i haven't bothered to even try and find TEN.....but I can't wait to hear their classics!!

Plus we don't them over here too much on the Western Hemisphere.....now if i just hadn't missed cosmosis......oh well

WOOHOO APRIL 30th

242129[/snapback]

Last time the played in Denmark the did not play any classics except People Can Fly. The rest was boring fullonish new material that are even more boring than listening to their old tracks.

So don't get your hopes up too high. They might just dissapoint you.