Just got word.....ASTRAL PROJECTION!

Dj-Emotion

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont care if people use software synths and play them live via a midi or usb keaboard or if they use hardware synths.. it's the same thing.....IT's LIVEĀ 

But to turn a knob and twiddle on your freq. knob on your latest virus B is NOT to play live!

243570[/snapback]

In my opinion it is. As long as you're altering the music in some way, real-time, then it's live enough to me.

Guest .::E.P

In my opinion it is. As long as you're altering the music in some way, real-time, then it's live enough to me.

243623[/snapback]

Ā 

But you need to get your terms right here.. Pre-recorded music is not live! It's playback! It does not matter if you "alter" the sounds it's still pre-recorded!

But you need to get your terms right here.. Pre-recorded music is not live! It's playback!Ā  It does not matter if you "alter" the sounds it's still pre-recorded!

243637[/snapback]

It's pre-recorded yes, but the knob twiddling happens live, and it changes the music!

It's pre-recorded yes, but the knob twiddling happens live, and it changes the music!

243642[/snapback]

Ā 

yes it change them music but you got to get your terms right... to alter music via a turn on a knob is not live..it's just adjusting something that's pre-recorded.. Everyone can do that but no many can actually play a instrument ;)

yes it change them music but you got to get your terms right...Ā  to alter music via a turn on a knob is not live..it's just adjusting something that's pre-recorded..Ā  Everyone can do that but no many can actually play a instrument ;)

243667[/snapback]

They are using the knobs as instruments, sure the basics are pre-recorded, but they are being "played" with the knobs, which makes those knobs another kind of instrument.

Ā 

Let's call it half-live then, eh?

They are using the knobs as instruments, sure the basics are pre-recorded, but they are being "played" with the knobs, which makes those knobs another kind of instrument.

Ā 

Let's call it half-live then, eh?

243672[/snapback]

Ā 

I can go as long as calling it 1/4 live ;)

Ā 

But my point was that 99.9% of all "livesets" are bogus in our scene.. They dont even twist knobs.. They put on CD's and play big Rock stars!

I can go as long as calling it 1/4 live ;)

Ā 

But my point was that 99.9% of all "livesets" are bogus in our scene..Ā  They dont even twist knobs.. They put on CD's and play big Rock stars!

243673[/snapback]

Hm, could it be they misunderstand the definition of live? Believing "live" means to simply be at the place?

Ā 

It might not be their fault.

Hm, could it be they misunderstand the definition of live? Believing "live" means to simply be at the place?

Ā 

It might not be their fault.

243685[/snapback]

Ā 

I seriously doubt they dont know what the definition of live is.. If they dont then maybe they should go back to a normal day job?

I seriously doubt they dont know what the definition of live is.. If they dont then maybe they should go back to a normal day job?

243690[/snapback]

Or you could tell/ask them, instead of just judging them.

Ā 

Or just ignore it - you probably don't listen to any artists that don't play "live live" anyway. :huh:

Or you could tell/ask them, instead of just judging them.

Ā 

Or just ignore it - you probably don't listen to any artists that don't play "live live" anyway.Ā  :huh:

243692[/snapback]

Ā 

Oh believe me I tell someone off if he stand on a stage putting CD's on. I'll tell him it's fake and that he should pay back the money he got for playing live. I can give you endless examples of artists asking for this and that equipment and then when they arrive to the party they put aCD on and pretend they use the equipment. Those "artists" would never get their full payment from me if I was organising the party.

Ā 

And what does it got to do with me listening to music "live" or not?

Ā 

I admit I any day would rather go and see a concert with a band that know how to play live than listening to someone putting their CD in a slot.

Ā 

Basically I dont think "live" fit a party anyway. In my opinion it break the flow and have nothing much to do with the word "trance".. simple because it require a flow to get into a stage of trance.. A good can create the right flow by creating a journey. Most band can't simply because many people tend to stand and watch them play "live"

Ā 

festivals are god for "live". Parties are better without. In my opinion.

yes it change them music but you got to get your terms right...Ā  to alter music via a turn on a knob is not live..it's just adjusting something that's pre-recorded..Ā  Everyone can do that but no many can actually play a instrument ;)

243667[/snapback]

it's just adjusting something that's pre-programmed.. and still, machines generates sound in realtime, the impulse coming from oscillators, its buzzing etc while machine is running, but i guess i kinda understood what u mean, u where talking more about playing keyboard? anyway, as long as you have 100% controll over the sound and tweak somethin in realtime and can change its way of sound for 180 degrees, im ok with that, cause its never possible to play everything live, but its worth to try ;) . and yes - cd players suck, but thats another story :) ..!