Best-Worst Finnish artists

Ormion

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best are Eraser vs Yojalka...

Round 1 is the best album of 2002 and one of the best ever!!! (Reunion...OMG!!!)

Worst are Highpersonic Whomen. Boring!!!

Agree?

211618[/snapback]

Well, I'm a Finn and the usual problem I have with Finnish psy acts is the fucking!"¤"#¤#¤ idiotic track names and the overall mentality. I don't like that music is done like it was just a bad joke.

Round 1 was great, but their second was already very boring. I agree that Highpersonic is also boring.

The new Torakka album sounds very good although I've only had time to listen it a couple of times. That and Round 1 are the best Finnish stuff I've heard.

IMO

Flying Scorpions are the best... than come Mandalavandalz, Texas Faggott, Haltya, Squaremeat, Salakavala

There are, of course, non-suomi artists with the same "feel": Loopus in Fabula and Benza are my #1

I've even visited a party with DJ Loopus =]

best...flying scorpions and texas faggott...definitely :) worst...well...GAD!

Their album apollo 3d sounded just repetitive and uninspired...and jeah sörkkä sonic is quite bad too...i listened to their album a while ago and it was like...so amateur...sounded übercheesy...and can't agree with redeemer here...those track names are best! B) and the fact that they do their music with humour is very positive thing IMO :) Fins really make the most weirdest psy that's a fact... but it's a helluva good fact B)

best: Mandalavandalz, Flying Scorpions (BTW any news on them, any upcoming new releases?)

worst: Haltya!!! I can't stand more than 2 minutes of their music!!! That cheezy 70s disco-like atmosphere... ARRGGHHHH!!! Except Red-Eye Jed-I, that was a pretty cool oldschoolish track ;)

my absolute favorite

is huopatossu mononen with the album laapu something something i think

its with the songs Metsa-Assa Metsassa and my absolute favorite track Kikapelaus (A Spugedelik Return To..

i talked to one of them on soulseek he hated it

modesty? or was it a monday??

but i really really love that kind of music

if anyone knows any finnish albums like this

please let me know.

and everything tim thick does i love too

and word up for astroschnautser

best...flying scorpions and texas faggott...definitely  :) worst...well...GAD!

Their album apollo 3d sounded just repetitive and uninspired...and jeah sörkkä sonic is quite bad too...i listened to their album a while ago and it was like...so amateur...sounded übercheesy...and can't agree with redeemer here...those track names are best!  B) and the fact that they do their music with humour is very positive thing IMO  :) Fins really make the most weirdest psy that's a fact... but it's a helluva good fact  B)

211642[/snapback]

Hum, wasn`t sörkkä sonic made 95` or something.

Anywayz, I love ukko shere khan (khan moon eclipse mix) - imo a kickass track

Well my suomisaundi faves are TF/Mandalavandalz, Ook/Evoc Sisters , I.l.o, Kirna and huopatossu/egocentrifug

Best: surely Highpersonic Whomen. Excellent progressive-like psytrance with lots of melodies, and just oozing with atmosphere. Also the downbeat track "Easy Does It" (which got picked up by Twisted sidelabel Backroom Beats) is a real masterpiece. Some of their sideprojects include Haltya, Outolintu and PelinPala, and while it's perhaps sounds more like the rest of the finnish artists, I think some of it is pretty good (unlike most finnish artists). Kiwa and Texas Faggot also made a few good tunes.

Well, I'm a Finn and the usual problem I have with Finnish psy acts is the fucking!"¤"#¤#¤ idiotic track names and the overall mentality. I don't like that music is done like it was just a bad joke.

211624[/snapback]

Well, that trackname problem... it's not as bad as certain Swedish artists... (hux flux! - postpone the phone, tripple nipple etc). A scandinavian problem?

Oh yes it is. On every map or anything I've seen anyway.

211824[/snapback]

When are people going to learn that:

Scandinavia = Denmark, Sweden and Norway

The Nordic Countrys = Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland and Faeroe Islands.

Disagree...? Please read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

When are people going to learn that:

Scandinavia = Denmark, Sweden and Norway

The Nordic Countrys = Scandinavia, Finland, Iceland and Faeroe Islands.

Disagree...? Please read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

211827[/snapback]

O...K. Then every map I've seen in this school is incorrect. That's worth a thought... Maybe I should notify the principal. :blink:

Look here: LINK

Finland, Iceland, and the Faeroe Islands are often included in the region.

What the hell does that mean? They're not ALWAYS is scandinavia?

group of culturally related countries in northern Europe; Finland and Iceland are sometimes considered Scandinavian [syn: Scandinavia]

It just means that people often wrongly include those countrys in the term "Scandinavia"

quote from your link:

A region of northern Europe consisting of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.

It just means that people often wrongly include those countrys in the term "Scandinavia"

quote from your link:

A region of northern Europe consisting of Norway, Sweden, and Denmark.

211839[/snapback]

No, it doesn't say "wrongly". There are just different definitions.

Well, that trackname problem... it's not as bad as certain Swedish artists... (hux flux! - postpone the phone, tripple nipple etc). A scandinavian problem?

211800[/snapback]

Yes but it's twice as bad to read it in your own language. :D

About Scandinavia, I suppose geographically only Norway and Sweden are on the Scandinavian peninsula, Denmark is included for historical and political reasons. It would be easier to just call all Nordic countries Scandinavia though. :)

No, it doesn't say "wrongly". There are just different definitions.

211840[/snapback]

I said "wrongly"..... Not it!

And there are many "wrongly" deffenitions of what Scandinavia is combined of.

My first reply to this matter is the correct deffinition of "Scandinavia".

But people will always include countrys like Finland. It dont make it more right, people are often wrong you know ;)

And why call it all "Scandinavia" when we have the Term "Nordic Countrys" Redeemer.. :)

Now that we have figured out the big scando mysterie, lets end it before it gets to "Off topic"

Definately Haltya. Simply crazy but professsional. I love the earlier TF stuff also but listen to TF then listen to a littlebit of Haltya : I'm still wondering how is it possible to put so many sounds into one track sooo perfectly. Have fun.

Yep, don't forget Kiwa, the architect guys :) love their music too. And i don't think that Tarinat is boring, it's fukkin good. Keep up the good work!