Who are your favorite Chillout/Ambient Artists?

asura

What is your favorite chillout ever?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite chillout ever?

• Shpongle
    • Carbon Based Lifeform
    • Entheogenic
    • Boards of Canada
    • Aes Dana
    • Solar fields
    • Jaia (Ambient Project)
    • Future Sound of London
    • Steve Roach
    • Banco de Gaia
    • Asura
    • Medicine Drum
    • Huva Network
    • Saafi Brothers
    • Deep Dive Corporation
    • Ishq
    • Taruna
    • Toires
    • Shulman
    • Ooze
    • Makyo
    • Boom Devil
    • The Infinity Project
    • Tangerine Dream
    • Klaus Schulze
    • Patchwork
    • Shakatura
    • Mere Mortals
    • Spiritjack
    • Waterjuice
    • Digital Mystery Tour
    • Stress Assassin
    • Time Warp
    • Astralasia
    • Barramundi
    • Violet Vision

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm;

I have a question!

Why o why is Boards of Canada up there on the list?

I may be dead wrong but i would class their releases as Ambient Electro - sometimes its just, noises. going off. All over the shop. And beatless!

Not Psychedelic Ambient.

:unsure:

Maybe im classifying things here too much...

(I loved geogaddi anyways!)

:D

Horray for shpongle!

Mr Posford + Mr Ram

I salute you.

x

senpsy

Hmmm;

I have a question!

Why o why is Boards of Canada up there on the list?

I may be dead wrong but i would class their releases as Ambient Electro - sometimes its just, noises. going off. All over the shop. And beatless!

Not Psychedelic Ambient.

209851[/snapback]

The subject is: "What is your favorite chill/ambient artists?", and not "your favorite psyambient artists".

Ooze - definately. I wish they made another album, the first is my all time favourite chillout. :)

209917[/snapback]

indeed their album is genious... I heard the live this NYE, and I was impressed...

The thing is, the first part of the live was from that first cd, and this part was great.. the second part was stuff I didnt know, more beatless, less basslines, etc.. I didnt like so much..

and I read an interview from the beginning of 2004, that seb was working on the second ooze cd.. I wonder if it will be like the second part of their live, which I didnt like so much .. I hope they keep working on the bass and beats

indeed their album is genious... I heard the live this NYE, and I was impressed...

The thing is, the first part of the live was from that first cd, and this part was great.. the second part was stuff I didnt know, more beatless, less basslines, etc.. I didnt like so much..

and I read an interview from the beginning of 2004, that seb was working on the second ooze cd.. I wonder if it will be like the second part of their live, which I didnt like so much .. I hope they keep working on the bass and beats

209939[/snapback]

Yeah those laidback dub bass beats is what made it so great. Excellent stuff on a hot summer day accompanied with some cold beer. :D Too bad if their new stuff isn't as good. :(

The subject is: "What is your favorite chill/ambient artists?", and not "your favorite psyambient artists".

209929[/snapback]

ahh

thanks asura - sorry! I never read the question, just assumed it would have something to do with psychedeilc ambient....

Too bad if their new stuff isn't as good. :(

209998[/snapback]

I hope its not new stuff, maybe older unreleased stuff.. or something.. but I really really hope the new stuff is dubby =)

Asura you have to check out the album called "Rushes" by "The Fireman!"

Don't just get random fireman tracks, get the album Rushes - have to listen to all of those tracks in order...... it is a brilliant project and insanely psychedelic once you get to know it.

I believe it is Paul Mcartney from the beatles (don't worry its nothing like the beatles..) and psy artist Youth (from Celtic Cross fame..) playing with all the nice high-tech toys.

I voted Shpongle tho

Everybody check out the Asura albums if you haven't heard them - these guys are rad!

Asura your Code Eternity cd is awesome!! I listened to it on Ayahuasca and your album danced very nicely with it ;)

I have yet to purchase your newer one

Oh also you should check out "Bland Bladen - I Grevins Tid" I think that's how its spelled..... Ingenius psychedelic chillout/rock/whatever music :)

Those artists are so great that i refuse to vote for a single one as my favorite... so here are my favorites:

Shpongle :lol:

Entheogenic :rolleyes: - LOVED Spontaneous Illumination

Ott :rolleyes: - he should be on the list. The audience is with me

Ooze - Still sounds great :)

Mystery of the Yeti 2 - Just bought this one... it is MASSIVE :P

The Infinity Project ;)

Saafi Brothers

Walter Ego - How come good old Walter is not on the list (He's Simon Posford, by the way, case you didn't notice)

Doof - not on the list, either... what is this, people? :huh:

Healer - NOT on the.... well, you catch my drift.... let's get on with it... <_<

Jairamji - any of you heard 'Temple'.... whew! it will leave you breathless :lol:

I gotta go with the doctor on this one. Ott, healer and Doof should be on the list. I also think you've forgot to put Nomads of Dub on the list (Simon's earlier collaboration with Doof). Spirals - the only track they made in 1998 - was truly beautiful :)

Another one worth mentioning is Dub Trees (Simon, youth and the Orb)

appart from the ones I already mentioned:

adham shaikh is pretty good..

j viewz is very nice too

I absolutely loved the on air remix by Midival Punditz, but unfortunately I dont know anything else from them.. Im sure its good, though =)

I like Youth a lot too... nice stuff..

I normally preffer the more dubby types of chill, but for some more ambient and generally beatless stuff, Ishq is one of the few that I have really been able to enjoy..

as for more sexy loungy chill, I really enjoyed the compilation Chill Pill.. specially 2 tracks: Tao of groove - she ran around

and jazzelicious - sambossa

I gotta go with the doctor on this one. Ott, healer and Doof should be on the list. I also think you've forgot to put Nomads of Dub on the list (Simon's earlier collaboration with Doof). Spirals - the only track they made in 1998 - was truly beautiful  :)

Another one worth mentioning is Dub Trees (Simon, youth and the Orb)

210070[/snapback]

Banjankri, make your own poll next time, you will see how it's hard to put or remember everything in a single list ;)

Moreover knowing that I don't know all the artists from all over the world and that I am not a psy historian! :D

You have the choice between 36 artists (the poll with the biggest choice), and though you are not happy? :(

But well, the big Oblivion is OTT, Ok... you can whip me, everybody :blink:

Banjankri, make your own poll next time, you will see how it's hard to put or remember everything in a single list ;)

Moreover knowing that I don't know all the artists from all over the world and that I am not a psy historian! :D

You have the choice between 36 artists (the poll with the biggest choice), and though you are not happy? :(

allright. easy there, lad, i meant no offense :D

I only suggested these other brilliant artists as a friendly suggestion. Sorry if i sounded rude. Didnt mean to :)

I DO know how hard it can be to remember all artists. Hell, with so many of them out there, i too would probably have omitted someone.

Peace, love and all ;)

allright. easy there, lad, i meant no offense  :D

Peace, love and all  ;)

210114[/snapback]

No problem Banjankri, I saw no offense! :D

This system of poll is very cool, but one can't add another choice or artist, after creating, it's a pity. :huh:

huva network.. I tried listening to it quite a few times, and I just cant get it unfortunately.... its too... slow.... I wouldnt buy it... maybe only a couple of tracks, when they get more dubby, I can listen..

Ambient usually bores me out and that's why I usually don't like it, but there are exceptions. If I like ambient, it's more towards the tribal/ethno-kind of ambient. The best ambient I have heard is Tuu, Toirés, Open Canvas and Alien Soap Opera.