20 YEARS

RTP

Here we have something ... same base track, original and remix, 20 years apart ... documents the drastic change in style (and also production technique) over the years.

Anything similar? I'd love to hear! :P

2003:

It was a favourite back then...

2023:

Holy sh*t things have changed ...

... note the drastic change in volume, the changes in sound ... odd thing about it is, it sounds pretty crunchy on modern standard car speakers, the original doesn't, but is better on headphones...

Such changes in style, structure and listening habits :blink:

On for another 20 YEARS ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 9:59 AM, Trolsk said:

How about 27 years?

That was good!

Found another 27 years :)

this is fun ... hehe :D

Sandman - Starfinder (1997)

Emok & Martin Vice & Atmos Remix (2017)

Thankfully the remix isn't your typical watered down psyprog remix, but a surprisingly good one. I've played it in a few sets of mine :)

• Like 1

28 years:

The Infinity Project - Feeling Weird (1993)

Hypnoxock Remix (2021)

Okay, so Feeling Very Weird came out in 1995 on the TIP Feeling Weird album, but it's pretty much the same track as the 1993 original.

I was thinking about Ultimo Imperio. But a short piece of Astral Projection's remix was uploaded on youtube in 2019. Not 2020 as the title says, and it's not released yet. That I know of, maybe it will never be released.

Shamanix itself is technically a remix of an earlier Gumbo track called something like "Song of the Shaman" or "Dance of the Shaman" or some shit.

Shamanix is a remix (hence, Shaman"ix")

So the Space Cat remix is likely 30 years later but few people have heard the original as the Gumbo release was scrapped

4 hours ago, Prana4ever said:

We can even go way back (no pun intended)

There's of course also the Star Sounds Orchestra versions of Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik / Die Zauberflöte but they're so fucking terrible I don't even want to link to a youtube video. Here's the Discogs release page: https://www.discogs.com/release/641933-Star-Sounds-Orchestra-Feat-Blue-Violin-Lets-Mozart

Maybe this is getting a bit off topic XD

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Dolmot said:

In 2009, Tip Records released a remix of a 1969 Beatles song in some twist of their pseudo-relaunch...

Oh, so that's the track I've heard Benji play in a few sets of his (can't remember if a Prometheus live or Younger Brother DJ set).

Interesting thread topic. The Astral Projection Album/Compilation with remixes of classics by other artists springs to mind.

https://www.discogs.com/release/6397402-Astral-Projection-Goa-Classics-Remixed

And to some degree the Infected Mushroom album Converting Vegetarians II, since it goes back and reinvents/reinterprets the style of the first album. And yeah their newer remixes of The Messenger and Merlin. :D 

A contender to the feeling one gets of listening to a new version of an older track is what I got when the Ra album 9th released, it was special since it was their first album since their debut 2000 album To Sirius. Which by todays perspective might seem like a small time-frame(from 2000 to 2008). But at the time it was a huge thing for me atleast, since the Goa Trance genre had been on a pause for some years except for some few new releases, (in the years between 2000 and 2004 in particular there was quite a low frequency of new Goa Releases).

It was more common with releases from new/Neogoa artists releasing new tracks in the genre, than it was that the classical artists released new Goa. Since most had changed to Full-On or Psytrance by then. So this album stood out to me because they didn't change their style too drastically, it was the same nice style but in a fresh new color palette. 

On 7/15/2023 at 12:26 AM, the goa constrictor said:

Shamanix itself is technically a remix of an earlier Gumbo track called something like "Song of the Shaman" or "Dance of the Shaman" or some shit.

So the Space Cat remix is likely 30 years later but few people have heard the original as the Gumbo release was scrapped

Nice trivia! I had no idea it was a remix. I always assumed it had something to do with the druid Miraculix, which could be viewed as a kind of Shaman or Magus indeed.

On 7/19/2023 at 1:09 AM, RoOm604 said:

2023 remix

I posted this to a headphone forum the other day and got this reply from a guy 

"This has some real nice early 1999 sounds happening, in 1999 the vibe sounded and felt just like this does today as opposed to listening to the 1999 music today which some has aged not so well. Fantastic share. I was expecting a way more generic Psy Trance rhythm when i mistakingly judged its cover."

On 7/15/2023 at 12:26 AM, the goa constrictor said:

Are you sure about that? The only released Gumbo track is The Quickening and it sounds nothing like Shamanix.

Google returns nothing relevant. I've asked both ChatGPT and Bard and neither are aware of a track called "'Song of the Shaman' or 'Dance of the Shaman' or some shit."

I thought I knew all Posford tracks so I'm naturally curious about this track.