Upcomming, Preorder or Available Goa, Psytrance, Psybient Vinyl Releases

51 minutes ago, DoktorG said:

$69 each for these Kalya Scintilla albums. Prices are getting out of hand and this is harming the vinyl renaissance. 

"By the inexorability of the vampiric pyrrhosis, they always take more than they need" William Burroughs 

The first pressing of Open Ancient Eyes was $22 in 2019 🤔

• Thanks 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:47 PM, Poster_Nutsack said:

The first pressing of Open Ancient Eyes was $22 in 2019 🤔

That was in 2016 and unfortunately, I can confirm that from then the prices of pressing a record have 3X. Having said that, 69$ seems a little too high for not even being a splatter. It may however be that pressing in Australia is even more expensive than in Europe.

@psyhoe I could manage to fit the 2 records in the same side, but ok, I get it, it's not easy. We had hoped the gatefold would be thicker on the spine, we will ask for a thicker gatefold next time as I am not very keen on doing the 3x gatefold for records, it's very heavy and costs MUCH more to produce. This would also mean heavier packages and higher final costs for the customers, and well it's best to avoid that.

About Bible Of Dreams reissue from JR. Very likely this will be regular sleeve as it is only 2 records. The original from Blue Room Released is 3xLP which has the magnetic clamp on gatefold. I'm going to keep my eyes open for the original release rather than the reissue as we don't even know if it will contain all the tracks or might be edited. I found Beyond The Infinite 4xLP not too long ago, amazing stuff these ones on Blue Room.

14 hours ago, draeke said:

That was in 2016 and unfortunately, I can confirm that from then the prices of pressing a record have 3X. Having said that, 69$ seems a little too high for not even being a splatter. It may however be that pressing in Australia is even more expensive than in Europe.

@psyhoe I could manage to fit the 2 records in the same side, but ok, I get it, it's not easy. We had hoped the gatefold would be thicker on the spine, we will ask for a thicker gatefold next time as I am not very keen on doing the 3x gatefold for records, it's very heavy and costs MUCH more to produce. This would also mean heavier packages and higher final costs for the customers, and well it's best to avoid that.

Thanks for your comments Draeke; it is good to get a production perspective. 

I personally find the trifold for 3 vinyls a real pain to use - you have to lay the whole cover out flat to get the middle record out and put it back - a palaver. It may be even more expensive, depending how it is made, but in my opinion and experience the box set is best for 3 vinyls or more. Very easy and convenient to use and looks great. If the box is too flimsy, then you are back to problems and a sturdy box may cost of course. 

Another option, utilised by quite a few record labels like Matsuri who squeezed the 4 vinyls of Prana's Geomantik in one, is the super depth single sleeve. This probably requires just the right stiffness of cardboard and the right dimensions to be useable, but it can work. If done properly, this is a better solution for 3 lps than the gatefold or trifold I think. Just my 2c from a user's perspective. 

PS - the mastering on this Blue Planet Corporation release is better to my ears than the mastering jobs on previous Dat Records vinyls. :+1::+1: 

On 12/2/2023 at 10:28 AM, _rado said:

Infected Mushroom – Reborn

Double Gatefold Cover LP

Pre Order !!! Limited edition 1000 copies only.

All order will be shipped On February 9th (Oficial release date)

https://www.merchadvice.com/product/infected-mushroom-reborn-double-gatefold-cover-lp/

IM-ReBorn-2xLP.png

Anyone know if they sell vinyls on their tour? They're playing close to me at the end of January

On 12/23/2023 at 7:15 PM, DoktorG said:

Thanks for your comments Draeke; it is good to get a production perspective. 

I personally find the trifold for 3 vinyls a real pain to use - you have to lay the whole cover out flat to get the middle record out and put it back - a palaver. It may be even more expensive, depending how it is made, but in my opinion and experience the box set is best for 3 vinyls or more. Very easy and convenient to use and looks great. If the box is too flimsy, then you are back to problems and a sturdy box may cost of course. 

Another option, utilised by quite a few record labels like Matsuri who squeezed the 4 vinyls of Prana's Geomantik in one, is the super depth single sleeve. This probably requires just the right stiffness of cardboard and the right dimensions to be useable, but it can work. If done properly, this is a better solution for 3 lps than the gatefold or trifold I think. Just my 2c from a user's perspective. 

PS - the mastering on this Blue Planet Corporation release is better to my ears than the mastering jobs on previous Dat Records vinyls. :+1::+1: 

The mastering is amazing and worth it alone, I think there is room in market to get these packages right to house these records

For Juno Reactor - Bible of Dreams vinyl reissue must be mentioned that the Blue Room except the gatefold magnets has wonderful silver almost engraved like letters that you can touch them and relief layer, at the cover and back cover. Something that make the release together with magnetic close seems like medieval thing / book. The 3xLP at Blue Room Released was special at all ways. Hope the reissue be like that, but seems to be a generic LP 

Hello everyone, thanks for the positive feedback and we can tell you that indeed the BPC sounds really stellar and much clearer than the original records published in 1993. A dear friend of mine who owns the originals from back then did a side-to-side comparison and it is MUCH clearer, a lot of details are now crystal clear and we are beyond happy with this monumental release. 

I will take in consideration all the tips and suggestions even if the much thicker gatefold may be a good solution for 3 or 4LP releases. We are also considering doing a deluxe release made in the same vein of Hallucinogen and Shpongle releases, a book with records, that however will cost more, for sure. Would you be inclined to spend a bit more if we make a super special release like that? It's an option that I am caressing for a while.

• Like 2

Yup, I be in depending on the release as got to be particular these days and of course not cheap posting to Australia, but I did get all the shpongles and hallucinogen and very worth it, as was bpc, but yes fed it's worth it I reckon, as they had no probs moving those but even hallucinogen was pre ordered, seems to be way to go 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, technosomy said:

No only a double, and price is very average compared to some and sounds killer

63€ shipped to europe for a regular 2xLP release is average now? 😳

that's almost the same as for the beautiful Hallucinogen 4xLP remastered deluxe book just half a year ago.

damn where is this heading.

Edit: true, the samples sound amazing. tough decision if this is still within the budget.

Darn, I was hoping I could safely ignore another absurdly over-priced galloping horse or machine gun clone. Unfortunately, however, I'm just going to have to shell out, because this sounds great! Classic Prana percussive sensibilities are to the fore, not to mention blistering acid and atmospheric ambience/samples. ~*~ 

PS - it is highly unlikely to be 3 lps based on the 7 tracks on 4 sides that are the preview tracks. 

31 minutes ago, Widar said:

You are aware that Diggers factory are French and send from there, UK and US, right?

I can't pass on this, like you guys said, it sounds amazing!

No but I Do now, thanks. Not sure what the whining about post is diggers post costs are great compared to others only $20 Australian To send this one considering costs almost that sending within Australia 

22 hours ago, psyhoe said:

63€ shipped to europe for a regular 2xLP release is average now? 😳

that's almost the same as for the beautiful Hallucinogen 4xLP remastered deluxe book just half a year ago.

damn where is this heading.

Edit: true, the samples sound amazing. tough decision if this is still within the budget.

Dam bro I am in Australia and costing me less than that, you guys got some sort of tax or something?

Producing vinyl has become much more expensive, It's however very interesting to see so many records released right now, it's a golden era for that. 

EDIT: I did not know Diggersfactory were producing vinyl on demand, hence the edit. They clearly get their cut because they are helping artists/labels to produce their records then. 

Ordering vinyl from outside the EU is total madness. In Belgium we pay 25% tax on the value, and 18€ costs for taking care of the paper work. So, ordering a vinyl of the UK of 28€ (which is the normal price of a 2xLP) costed me: 16€ shipping, 18€ paperwork costs and 7€ tax = 41€ extra costs for a vinyl of 28€. Thats just outrageous. 

But I realise its the same for everyone ordering from Suntrip to Australia, USA, Israel, UK or whatever. Music became a luxury good again! The only solution? Bulk buying... But yeah, for that all music should be on 1 spot again... Beatspace is having some :) 

• Sad 1