Aavepyörä - Hengen aurinko

front-net.jpg

Oldschool trance, analog synths and effects, self made acoustic instruments and field recordings. Organic self-grown food and priceless treasures from the bins of a featureless mall. Dark winter nights spent in my cozy studio with the sun catching me up still in the morning honing everything to shimmering perfection. The endless wonders of nature, friendship and love, the allure of new places and winds from distant countries. That time you thought you lost a precious thing, but ended up finding something better than anything a sane person would even dare to dream of. Gossamer fairy-threads of the memories of summers past, and the hidden places in the forests where unforgotten things go by their lifes with no opinion at all about us. The 80s, the 90s, the 00s. The good, the bad, the funky and the not.

Of all this, and more, I have woven together the fabric of this album for your enjoyment.

The seams might show and the fabric is not that synthetic perfect haute couture smooth you saw at the gala last night, and this never will be your favourite shirt. But it will be the warm friendly one that you keep coming back to time time after time when the world feels just a bit too much to bear, and you need something to reassure you that magic and fantastic things do still exist.

So let the sun of your soul shine bright and burn away the fear of being just your simple self, nurturing softly the garden of your dreams and showing the light on the ways that go through dark places. Go higher, go further and go without hesitation to places you never thought possible, love a lot and then some more !!

https://aavepyora.bandcamp.com/album/hengen-aurinko

• Like 1

Beautifully written indeed Taika-Kim, I feel this album is really epic and judging by the first track, that i have just finished listening, it is probably one of your best, bravo!

I loved the time-s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d sample at the beginning of the said track and the really epic finale, beautiful music. Will certainly buy to support your hard work and the long nights in the studio.

Positive vibes your ways my friend :)

Some interesting stuff here...will have to check it fully when I have more time tomorrow.

But I am loving the titles for the track and this promo,haha.

I have a kind of conflicted feeling about album pricing, putting a high price like this because I've given music for free or very cheap in the past.

One thing is, I had expenses when making this, and also another is that I think they ways people consume music are changing and the situation just isn't what it used to be. People are getting a bit too used to just streaming and downloading music endlessly for free. There was a time when free distribution was revolutionary and we were one of the pioneers in the whole scene of trance, but one idea can't become a dogma...

Also, I just feel nice how the price reflects in a way the vast amount of work and love I put into this, doing practically nothing else for the last 6 months now that I have been happily unemployed.

Also, when there will be a CD version sometime in autumn probably, people who bought this will get it with something like 80%-90% discount...

And thanks about the text. I have a strong opposition to that featureless "spirit rising / motivational shit" writing trance albums usually have. Rajam Ram wrote good stuff for the Early TIP records, after that people are just generatig that hollow crap out of habit... So I was walking on a really precarious line between saying things I really feel inside my heart I want to share, and not ending up soudning like I'm writing an advert for an overpriced yoga rertreat in Bali...

wow!!!

this is amazing bro... so different to your last ( i ended up giving all the copies away you gave me)

as for the pricing.. the album speaks for itself!

remember all the crap you went through with the last???

we can clearly hear the effort for this.. you deserve to at least break even on this one!!

buying this for sure

def count me in for a hard copy also ( one of the few artists i still collect)

congrats

greets from the other side

speaking of your albums, is there a good copy with no glitch available through bandcamp? so that i may buy both :)

Guest antic

remember all the crap you went through with the last???

is there a good copy with no glitch available through bandcamp?

What happened last time, because I just ordered the "Katso Kukkaa" on 2CD from Taika Kim directly?

What happened last time, because I just ordered the "Katso Kukkaa" on 2CD from Taika Kim directly?

The first pressing had audio errors on most tracks on CD 1 (it was pressed from a faulty master CD). He later did a repress and gave it away for free for anyone with the original.

Ah yes it's also stated on the bandcamp page:

"All CDs are from a new pressing without the skips that were present in the first batch in summer of 2012.

More information, photographs and love can be found in the booklet that comes with the CDs."

:)

Phew, yes I think Katso kukkaa cost me around 2500€ to manufacture (because of all the special ecological stuff), of 500 almost all are gone now, but I´ve also given away a quite a few when I realized I can´t sell all, on parties I´ve been selling them quite cheaply, a shop in russia never paid the ones I gave them, etc, so I´m still on minus for that one I think.

So this time I will just make around 50-100 CDrs with some nice packcaging like in the good old days. But Katso kukkaa was a fun project to do, even though the pressing issue created quite a bit of stress. But it was my mistake, not listening to the CDs I sent to the house... It´s so utterly Murphy´s law that that was the one and only time my burner ever has made errors when burning :/

I´m quite happy with how this album turned out, mainly because I have myself been so happy in the last few years, the tracks on Katso kukkaa come mostly from a very challenging period in my life, so the general feeling on that album is darker and more tense, I think?

It´s so utterly Murphy´s law that that was the one and only time my burner ever has made errors when burning :/

:/ Murphy always lurks around with his damned law!

I´m quite happy with how this album turned out, mainly because I have myself been so happy in the last few years, the tracks on Katso kukkaa come mostly from a very challenging period in my life, so the general feeling on that album is darker and more tense, I think?

Yes sir, indeed. I have Katso Kukkaa. And I really have a hard time getting around to understand it :)

Wish you luck for this one.

• 1 year later...

Thank you dear Taika-Kim for your awesome LIVE set @ Retroactive feedback loop open air UG in Helsinki 13.8.16. You really delivered!

8ZFAxtk.jpg