Armin Van Buuren likes... OTT

Lemmiwinks

So lately there was an interview on Armin Van Buuren asking him what he was currently listening to on his iPod and he replied... OTT, bet you didn't see this one coming (OTT himself didn't see it coming either lol). We might actually have an Armin in Dub album in the coming future!

Well, I’m a big freak for ambient. And I’ve discovered this new guy called Ott; you should check him out. I found him on iTunes, and I actually found him through Spotify, and I just love his stuff. It’s kind of ambient dub. It’s really weird but it’s a lot of electronic music and I really like what he’s doing. It’s kind of completely weird but it reminds me a lot of the Delirium productions and Conjure One and that sort of sound – the sound that I really miss. A lot of dance music is pop right now, and it’s not a bad thing necessarily but my heart is more with that sort of stuff.

full interview here

I don't care too much about Armin since he is one of the reasons why trance got bastardize into the big room stuff that is popular. But that's an interesting thing from him anyways. Delirium and Conjure One did have good stuff back then.

• Like 1

I don't care too much about Armin since he is one of the reasons why trance got bastardize into the big room stuff that is popular. But that's an interesting thing from him anyways. Delirium and Conjure One did have good stuff back then.

Exactly : )

So lately there was an interview on Armin Van Buuren asking him what he was currently listening to on his iPod and he replied... OTT, bet you didn't see this one coming (OTT himself didn't see it coming either lol). We might actually have an Armin in Dub album in the coming future!

full interview here

The music selection is nice, but the player surely isn´t. A wealthy and popular music producer shouldn´t listen music through a crappy Ipad by any means. The Ipad is a really crappy mp3-player compared to good music players. I guess they used Ipad as a term because it is "cool" or "common", but in reality he uses a different mp3-player. Anyway I find it great that he listens to Ott and Ott really produces very good music that is one of the best in it´s genre. The man itself is very nice and he thanks people when they say that they respect his music. I told it to Ott and he was pleased to hear it. Therefore he is a nice man and an impressive producer.

Armin became big during trance era, pushed it forwards(To somewhere at least) and what does he do now? House. Why? Because it's in. Pathetic. His opinions ain't worth shit. Ott and Sphongle are also like the easiest relatives to psy to chew through, really. Their music is very approachable by anyone, which is why they are so popular compared to many acts.

• Like 1

Ott and Sphongle are also like the easiest relatives to psy to chew through, really. Their music is very approachable by anyone, which is why they are so popular compared to many acts.

That, and their music is good in general.

hmmm well ok, Armin is playing house music just to be in but hey, has anyone taken a look at the psy scene lately? I've been to 2 (rather) large festivals this summer and I couldn't get ONE track that really impressed me and that wasn't already released years ago... it's all turning to shit IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

Armin became big during trance era, pushed it forwards(To somewhere at least) and what does he do now? House. Why? Because it's in. Pathetic. His opinions ain't worth shit. Ott and Sphongle are also like the easiest relatives to psy to chew through, really. Their music is very approachable by anyone, which is why they are so popular compared to many acts.

err - no he doesn't. He still plays trance. Most of the stuff in the first hour of ASOT is very trousey and utter rubbbish but the 2nd hour is always brill.

He dedicated ASOT 666 to Psy and other darker sides of trance as well.

Armin is the only one out of the big DJs who has stayed true to his original sound.

Haha, ok I'm gonna call bullshit on that. Armin has changed. Saying that he has kept true to his original is a joke. Compare his released from 5 years ago and now, if you say that they are the same then obviously your definition is quite broad. But whatever, I've already dealt with numerous people on this topic of Trance and its direction now days that I'm not gonna bother with it.

hmmm well ok, Armin is playing house music just to be in but hey, has anyone taken a look at the psy scene lately? I've been to 2 (rather) large festivals this summer and I couldn't get ONE track that really impressed me and that wasn't already released years ago... it's all turning to shit IMO.

I had the same feeling during the last few psy parties I've been and it's one of the main reasons I prefere other music now. Thje last really amazing party I've been to was with Crossing Mind and Cosmosis live, and that was at least three years ago. I was able to catch Ticon live maybe two years ago and that was cool too (besides the fact that the rest of the music was not really fresh and he is more progressive than psy). The rest of the DJs I heard lately were playing tracks sounding nearly all the same, lacking really psychedelic elements. Because of that I think it's kinda funny if people bitch about commercial trance acts like Armin von Buren. As if the psy scene is not getting more and more commercial and as if the psy scene is still blasting with innovative sounds (of course some artists are, but the general outbut is sounding very similar within each sub-genre)...

I also think it's kinda funny that one hand we bitch about Armin's influence on the commercial trance scene and blame him for the decay of it but he mentions he listen to less commercial artists like Ott people still diss him. I mean ok, he is a big name so no matter what he does he is an idiot anyway. Very open minded we are... ;)

Because of that I think it's kinda funny if people bitch about commercial trance acts like Armin von Buren. As if the psy scene is not getting more and more commercial and as if the psy scene is still blasting with innovative sounds (of course some artists are, but the general outbut is sounding very similar within each sub-genre)...

we can do that because we're not the psy scene. we are the goa scene (and bitch about the sad state of the psy scene just the same) ;)

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I forgot: if you are in the "right" scene you can bitch about the others. How could I... :D :d ;)