What Do You Listen through?

Shpongled247

So everyone here obviously loves music, psy, goa, whatever u dig. What I'm curious about is how you listen to it, like through a huge crystal clear tuned hifi system pissing off the neighbours? Monitor speakers? Nice headphones or shitty earphones?

I see some of you with epic goa cd collections and imagine you have equally epic systems to play them through.

I myself am on the other side of the world from all my possessions atm so it is just earphones for me and god forbid laptop speakers occasionally.

It has been different all the time but for one year I have not bought speakers at this place here, I don#t like it a lot here and am ready to move whenever I can so I listen to goa through this:

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-MX580-MX-580-In-Ear-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B0035JKJEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370450252&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mx+580

It has been different all the time but for one year I have not bought speakers at this place here, I don#t like it a lot here and am ready to move whenever I can so I listen to goa through this:

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-MX580-MX-580-In-Ear-Kopfh%C3%B6rer/dp/B0035JKJEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370450252&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mx+580

I fully recommend them, they are great and very detailed, they are much better than other earphones and in ears i have heart up to 50 for sure, if not even more expensive. The sound is very detailed and represents how the artist produced it, the bass is very good only the lowest bass is not the best, but otherwise fully recommended earphones. If I find a place which I like I will get some monitors or hifi speakers, earlier I listened to goa with Magnat Quantum 503 speakers and Denon PMA 500 AE, the Magnat sounded very good but the Denon falsified the midds a bit.

Guest D N H

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-MX580-MX-580-In-Ear-Kopfhörer/dp/B0035JKJEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370450252&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mx+580

http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-MX580-MX-580-In-Ear-Kopfhörer/dp/B0035JKJEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370450252&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mx+580

It has been different all the time but for one year I have not bought speakers at this place here, I don#t like it a lot here and am ready to move whenever I can so I listen to goa through this: http://www.amazon.de/Sennheiser-MX580-MX-580-In-Ear-Kopfhörer/dp/B0035JKJEU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370450252&sr=8-1&keywords=sennheiser+mx+580

Can you repeat it once more please... :lol: :lol: :lol:

2349283140_bfdf0b3749.jpg17541551.jpg60032568.jpg2680119941_2165f33818.jpg

Something went wrong with posting it, that is why that happened. but those earphones are indeet good, you can order them and see, they are not some Infinity or Kef or B&W loudspeakers, but they are good. I wish to hear how the music sounds through such speakers.

Guest D N H

My problem was always CD players. Two Cd players i had, an aiwa and a jvc, after few years left me wanting pricey replacement parts, which i didn't get. Six years now i have a cheap Thompson CD player which has gone very well until now along with a pair of Creative gigaworks speakers, which need now some cleaning but not bad.

A variety of systems:

- My car's stock stereo system (via Discman-->cassette adapter!).

- Tiny iPod Shuffle with earbud headphones (originally the Apple ones, now some JVC ones).

- If at home, from my computer through MOTU Ultralite audio interface into ADAM A7 monitors.

- If at home and it's late at night, or if I'm away from home with my computer, KRK KNS 8400 headphones.

- And yes, sometimes even my laptop speakers when I'm feeling lazy and/or just want background music.

On the go:

iBasso DX100

into
Beyerdynamic DT250-250

At home:

Cambridge Azure 640A + Acoustic Energy Aesprit 300c
or
Violectric V200 + Audeze LCD2

from

Marantz CD5004
or
Creative E-Mu 0204

20121190272.jpg

dt250_800.jpg

CambridgeAudio_640A_v2_front.jpg

AE300c.jpg

2ql6c7n.jpg

lcd_2_overall.jpg

100000432_0.jpg

20113159327750_prod_0204usb2.png

Right now I have to live without my DX100, I hope it comes back from warranty repair in china soon ("our capacities to china are exceeded right now" - our postal service hasn't even managed to get it out of my city, and that's since 16th of may :wacko:).

I mostly listen through my PC (with ASUS Xonar DG sound card) on either M-Audio BX5a speakers or Sennheiser HD280 headphones. I prefer the sound of the speakers but sometimes you have to listen more quietly to not annoy neighbors/family. :P

I also have a Sansa Fuze for portable audio but I still use my Sennheisers with that (or my crappy car stereo)

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Philips SHE9750, they are very comfortable and the sound quality is very good considering their low price. But now I am considering to buy new headphones and saw on Amazon the Klipsch S4i for ~50$.

I see in the reviews that many people complain about the durability of the headphones, it seems they fall apart quickly. So I am confused because almost everyone agrees on the good sound quality they deliver, but I do not know if these people were not careful enough or if the headphones are indeed so fragile.

What are your thoughts on these headphones? What other earphones would you recommend in the same price range (50$) ?

I use the Philips SHE9750, they are very comfortable and the sound quality is very good considering their low price. But now I am considering to buy new headphones and saw on Amazon the Klipsch S4i for ~50$.

I see in the reviews that many people complain about the durability of the headphones, it seems they fall apart quickly. So I am confused because almost everyone agrees on the good sound quality they deliver, but I do not know if these people were not careful enough or if the headphones are indeed so fragile.

I had a pair of the S5i, supposedly a "rugged" version of the S4i, and one of the channels stopped working after about a month. I had them replaced and got a couple of years of use out of the new pair until one of the channels stopped again. Given that those were supposed to address the durability complaints that people had about the S4i, I'm not too optimistic about the latter.

What are your thoughts on these headphones? What other earphones would you recommend in the same price range (50$) ?

I recently bought a pair of these following my flatmate's recommendation. I haven't had them long enough to be able to say how durable they are but the build quality seems very good, and I think they sound way better than the Klipsch ones. The remote doesn't have a volume control, unlike that of the S5i, but that isn't a problem for me since my iPod has a rocker switch on the side which is easy enough to get to.

e: Are you aware of these two websites? There you'll find more information about headphones than you could possibly have time to process.

At home:

CD: Onkyo DX-7211

812_1.jpg

Amp:

NAD 316 BEE

Test-NAD-C-316BEE-745x559-471015b1b6c153

Speakers: Dali Zensor 5

dali-zensor-5-white.jpg

On the go:

Sony NWZ-S638

9000000006744582.jpg

Denon AH-C710

silverlrg.jpg

I changed the silicone/comfy foams for triple flanges, which I cut so that they fit my ears perfectly. It's like having new earphones and I absolutely recommend trying that for anyone who doesn't have custom fit earplugs.

I'm happy with my setups so far.

@ Ionized :D Niiiiiiiiice!

You must have very forgiving neighbours :)

I've always had trouble where I have lived listening to electronic music loudly more than any other type of music.. obviously because the bass carries more.. I think a soundproof studio/room is the only way for me in the future..

Thanks! Yes my neighbours are pretty cool, but I am very forgiving, too. So if they decide to party I don't care.

They complained once or twice when I was watching movies late at night, but I could perfectly understand, bought a bottle of wine for them and everything was good again.

• 1 month later...

Currently iphone & audio technica noise canceling headphones. Is ok, nothing special. Will be moving houses by Xmas & depending on budget looking at getting some Dynaudio speakers with a nice amp & woofer. I hardly listen to actual CDs any more, my music will stream as wavs through the amp.

I only listen to music on CD unless I'm checking out samples or the odd mix on soundcloud or something.

I don't have a particularly new or expensive system, but it sounds bang-on.

I've got a Pioneer PD S 703 stable platter CD player, with the funky turntable that takes the disc upside down & a Pioneer A 509 amp. Both are getting on a bit now, but I can't really fault them.

These run through a pair of Tannoy 636 speakers which are my pride & joy. They sound superb.

2865-636.JPG