Shpongle 5 / Museum of Consciousness

Shpongled247

Just wondering what everyone's feelings are about this coming release? Not that many months away now and they are just finalising tracks I believe... Putting on the final coat of psychedelic polish perhaps..

Personally, I cannot waiiiiiiit. I don't have a favourite album of theirs, or style/time period as I just love them all for what they are. And for different reasons..

Pretty sure this one will be no different in that regard! :D

Simon becomes commercial, shpongole is liked by many people so he produces one shpongle album after another instead of finally working on new hallucinogen work, but shpongole i bought by many people, people who like psychedelic music and the big audience of chill out lovers aswell.

If he gets his ideas down better through Shpongle or anything not Hallucinogen then let him do it. I've never even expected there to be a 3rd Hallucinogen album anyway. There's no way he can top The Lone Deranger.

Simon becomes commercial, shpongole is liked by many people so he produces one shpongle album after another instead of finally working on new hallucinogen work, but shpongole i bought by many people, people who like psychedelic music and the big audience of chill out lovers aswell.

Hehe Radi, I don't think he is someone who has "become commercial" at all... more that he probably just enjoys Shpongle more at this stage of his life.

Who wouldn't want to hang with raj all day rather than being cooped up alone writing a genre u don't even care to listen to anymore... Heh. I for one am glad the direction he's gone. :)

I can't wait! I've been a shpongle fan for a very long time now, been loving them since back when i didn't even know what psy- or goatrance even was! The only reason i'm psy-fan today is because i had a blast when i traveled to see them in London at a Twisted event a little less than a year ago, the best decision i've ever made! So Shpongle holds a very special place in my heart. And no matter how dissapointed some die-hard fans might get, i can't imagine Simon and Raja releasing something that isn't of the highest quality.

They do, however I would love to hear something that is more psychedelic and has less singing and world music elements and there is not such music coming from Posford for a very long time.

i've been waiting as well and from this video i can see we won't be disappointed, as usual!

• 3 weeks later...

I checked stream of mastering for new Shpongle and they played maybe 4-5 minutes of MoC track I think and it sounds very nice, Michelle's TM vocals are there and it seem that track itself got very nice groove, but it's hard to say because stream was really bad and quality was horrible. Anyway I don't have big expectations for new album (like i had for 4th one) so hopefully they will suprise me in best possible way. Btw guys, don't miss new Entheogenic EP, this track sounds very Simonish :)))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0ncBfijP5s

I looooved the stream yesterday was really cool to see. Wish I could have popped round as they were like half hour from me.. Hmm stalkerish but? Lol.

Cheers for the entheogenic tip richpa, didn't know they had new stuff coming! my 2nd favourite psybient group!

• 2 weeks later...