Problem rendering a track on FL

Hi guys!

I've searched on google and youtube with little luck to this problem.

Basically, I've got one track of my own and a collaboration track with a friend about ready. I'm a huge fan of details and both tracks have grown to have over 100 patterns and couple dozen automation patterns. At this stage the tracks don't play on FL anymore and the chances to make them into mp3/wav are zero. It always gets stuck on the rendering stage.

Should I get more memory on my friend's laptop or what would you advice?

Really looking forward to hearing a tip or two...

-Ridge

Render it from a PC/laptop with enough memory, that should do the trick!...

Basically all my tracks have over 300 patterns and I never had any problems with them, so probably your laptop isn't so strong (I'm using a not-so-special Toshiba laptop) or you use a lot of cpu-eating VST's... :)

Try to fiddle around with the audio devices (Options > Audio settings > Input/Output). That has worked for me on occasion.

Also, try to identify if there are any specific VST that cause the breakdown, or add particularly to it, by systematically removing/readding each one (make sure to get each instance).

Guest E-Mantra

many causes:

1.low ram memory

2. ive had same problems with sony vegas ..so the problem was fixed very easy...copy all tracks..paste into new project ..and should work

3. check vst /vsti if one is cracked / expire can create a lot of problems

4. important one/ play every track separate / on solo ...see what track is causing the problem

try these ..if not work..we will think more..

good luck

• 2 weeks later...

have you treid freezing the tracks?

Hi there ouroboros.

I don't know what you mean but I guess the answer is no... :)

Anyway for all you guys, thanks so much (!) for trying to help me out on this. I didn't figure out a way yet. I tried saving the projects as separate, new FL files but that didn't work. E-Mantra's got a good point there: could be one or some of the VSTs I use are broken or expired - these tracks were playable in the recent past.

Now I've thought about uninstalling/installing the whole FL and trying it again. Another option is to maybe send these two project files to someone who uses FL as well? I reckon the other person would need the same VSTs + the couple audio samples I've used, no?

hi,

freezing the tracks is when you bounce them to audio seperatly. that way your computer doesnt have to do all that processing at once. so you can take a synth part and bounce it to an audio file then reload that audio file back into the project. fl studio doesnt make that process easy but it is doable (and not that difficult really).

check it out: http://audio.tutsplus.com/tutorials/production/a-guide-to-freezing-and-bouncing-in-fl-studio/

hope that helps

• 1 month later...

Hi all.

I'm frustrated. Found no way to solve this problem this far... :(

I find these 2 tracks I made so special that it would be a crying shame if people can't hear them. I'm also playing own music in a party soon. So if anybody's out there being a sound/FL geek, I'll send you the flp files plus all plugins and sound samples I used in these tracks. If you can render them to me in 24bit wav it's straight 50 euros in your pocket.

Please somebody :D

bom!

sorry, i'm on logic here. but i've had a similar problem, where one corrupted project was crashing every time i tried to open it. i solved it by importing all channels into a new project. maybe fuity has a similar funcionality?

anyway, good luck with recovering your tunes!

Hi all.

I find these 2 tracks I made so special that it would be a crying shame if people can't hear them. I'm also playing own music in a party soon. So if anybody's out there being a sound/FL geek, I'll send you the flp files plus all plugins and sound samples I used in these tracks. If you can render them to me in 24bit wav it's straight 50 euros in your pocket.

bom!

I could try it, but I don't need your money of course. But first, did you try to render the patterns themselves, and replacing the plugin patterns with them? Rendering audio files takes less processing time than rendering plugins.

Hi all.

bom!

I would try 2 diferent things in your case.

If the projects are playing right, but at render time the computer crashes, I would plug the digital audio out to another computer or recorder and do the transfer.

If not even the project can be played anymore, do some submixes and import the steams in a new project. That should do the trick.....

hope you find your way through soon!!!

Well i have some problems too with FL about rendering. Sometimes i start render and it doesn't move from 0% then i must cancel it in task bar, then FL crash and blue screen on pc aaaaah! I don't know why but always when FL crash pc goes down too. After restart i render without problems.

Also maybe your CPU is overused or RAM. If you use HP filter on most sounds and on every channel you have it, it will need a lots of CPU so try to put them on send channel then you have only one filter for all sounds and less CPU to be used.

Nothing other on my mind, sorry mate. Lets see if Djuna can make something, if not i can try too only if you want ofc.

Thanks to all of you for such friendly words and advices!

I really do appreciate the tips you're sharing, but as it goes these original project files are on my friend's computer and we don't see so often at the moment (I have them myself on USB stick). Finishing these tracks was a major exercise in patience as they played like half a second before "grr piiip pfff" sounds of overused ram. But they're finished now that's the good part.

Djuna and Imba... thank you especially. I'll be in touch with you Djuna first, let's see if you can be any help. :)

It just crossed my mind, you can try different render options

Posted Image

Try to check / uncheck under options, if doesn't help try under quaility. And delete all channels and patterns you haven't use in track.

Imba yes that's a good general advice!

I tried all possible different combinations on that rendering stage earlier but it always stopped at 40-50%... :(

I looked at my finished project and there was 10-15 automation clip runs going on simultaneously plus lots of patterns are on multiple mixer generators. But y'know... it's hard to compromise on the sound if you make it with passion. :---3

just use the extended ram (3G) exe found in the FL install folder to launch, this should give you loads of extra ram, if the computer has it available.

you can also separately render synthlines or heavy automationed lines or long paino rolls (or drumrolls, whatever :P) and reinsert them into your project to save a lot of cpu

• 4 weeks later...

just use the extended ram (3G) exe found in the FL install folder to launch, this should give you loads of extra ram, if the computer has it available.

you can also separately render synthlines or heavy automationed lines or long paino rolls (or drumrolls, whatever :P) and reinsert them into your project to save a lot of cpu

OMG. This worked! The other track is now in mp3. I'm considering it for the pienews competition. :)