new asia 2001 album

technosomy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COMING SOON!

Asia 2001 - New Album

The long wait will soon be over. Asia 2001, the legendary one and only, Martin Cooper, is back with a brand spanking new album.

Asia 2001 is about to complete his new studio album. New ideas and impressions he has been gathering and collecting for the past few years, after getting well settled in his top end high tech upgraded studio.

The new album is an adventure to the ear, and delivers the spirit and vibe like no other, in the classic Asia 2001 style. This will be the first official Asia 2001 release since 'Amnesia'.. Definitely something exciting to look out for..

thats it so far from avatar

• 5 months later...

so, what did he say? You recorded it somewhere? I want to hear it :) Let's test my french :P

Gilbert has agreed to answer a thirty question. I think I will give the interview to Fabien to translate it (if he wants, of course). :)

But we will wait ... He didn't receive the questions.

very interesting news i am also waiting to hear what will this album sounds like, anyhow, oldschool or full on i'd be happy to hear since Martin always had very interesting ideas!

Guest Cosmogenesis

very interesting news i am also waiting to hear what will this album sounds like, anyhow, oldschool or full on i'd be happy to hear since Martin always had very interesting ideas!

Except "Abduction", his old albums were quite repetitive. "Live" was by far its best and most creative, then it turns to be a style with very few melodic notes, not technically impressive, but he knew how to create an intense atmosphere.

It's been months Avatar announced this album. Glad that Christophe got the confirmation yesterday. :) It doubt it would be full-on, as this genre is dying these days and largely dominated by prog, and Avatar are more familiar with dark psy (see Goa Gil VA/) or goa sounds.

Prepare for a great trip into memory lane, interview should be public soon, I had the good luck of reading it before and was very interesting I must say!

Guest Cosmogenesis

Moderators: there is a mistake regarding the interview. It's my friend Infected Goa/Somnesia who did it, not me. Please, correct it. Btw congratulations to Draeke for the very good translation: I wasn't aware you speak French so well. :)