New Track "Sunrays in the old building''

radi6404

http://soundcloud.co...he-old-building

I think I wil edit it several times, since the mix is probably not the best yet, some elements are too loud still.

so I hope you enjoy the track and I want to hear comments aobut it.

If anyone wants to download the track, please post it or give me a message, so I will uplaod it or send it to you with Usendit.

why does noone look here, I recieved good feedback with that on other forums, so just ahve a listen to it. If you don#t like it you may express thenegative things about it aswell. Mars, please have a listen to it. However i will produce much better soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest neurogen

I think people did not comment here because I talked too self contious about my track, I know it is not the best, but without talking that I am sure I would have recieved more comments about it.

sorry but i think people not comment becuase the track is bland, boring, and it doesnt say anything.

Here is my honest opinion. You've got a lot to learn. Your composition is weak you should think about implementing key changes. As rotwag mentioned you need a build and a climax. The percussion is too quiet. It lacks silence and breaks. The synth sounds are bland. Keep trying you'll get better with every track you make.

Richpa

have you listened to my track "sunrays in the old building"?

and I know much more artists than Astral projectionand Hallucinogen, but those two just came into my mind for examples of tracks with good kickdrum and bassline for dancing. Look at MFG for example, their tracks on Project Genesis are very good, but in my opnion the bassline is not really dancable, except on some tracks, surely not on "Metamorphosis" or their second album Experience is not a track that you can dance happily to, but it is a goa trance masterpeace and a lot more MFG stuff is like that.

The newschool tracks mostly have a lot of melodies, but the melodies themselfes are anything but uplifting. They are melodic and sound very orientalic Astrancer and Afgin are extreme examples of that. I have not heart any really uplifting and fresh sounding newschool Goa Trance song. some are good like Goasia, but Astrancer, Afgin and most others sound orientalic.

I have never understood why Filteria is so appreciated, to me it is very cheesy and way too overloaded. some people do like filteria, but then again I am not a big fan of Pleiadians. there are a few outstanding tracks, but a lot of cheesy stuff aswell, which I don#t like.

you just don't get it do you!

why don't you go join the carly rae jepsen forum instead!

@mona: can you elaborate on why you think he is confused and wrong? For I don't agree 100% with him, but his opinion has some ground.

Monahium simple tries to sound sperior and like a Pro when he tries to insult me in that way. And he has nothing better to say, he probably is not capable of arguing and explaining, reasoning, why I am confused and wrong.

Monahium simple tries to sound sperior and like a Pro when he tries to insult me in that way. And he has nothing better to say, he probably is not capable of arguing and explaining, reasoning, why I am confused and wrong.

Well, that's exactly why I asked him to elaborate further. Calling somebody else "wrong and confused" because of an opinion emitted, without explaining the reason why does not make a point.

I think he thinks i am arrogant for calling my song sounding good or saying it sounds like oldschool.

Listen for it yourself and tell me if you think it does not sound oldschool. the song is ofcourse not as good as really good goa songs, but I tried to make something sounding oldschool and I think, at least that I achieved.

Has anyone listened to my song? I find it very arrogant that people ignore so many posts here that I post. And you are Goa fans with PLUR as your statement. Rediculous. so many posts I post and the songs I link just get ignored, because I am not one of the big guys. Is that how this community gives new people chances? Is this how people are treated, who link some tracks in an appropriate thread? I am in many forums and people help there and talk a lot, not any post is not quoted and noone is dissmissed. I find it reall unbelievable that people dissmiss guys here, that are not yet popular. This forum has changed and gotten into a very ignorant place, except of a few good guys. But when i look at all the other threads a lot of posts here are just being ignored and no comment posted on them, altough people want to hear replies on the stuff they are saying. But I think the arrogance and ignorance of a lot of forum members here who are from this time mirrors the world outside at this time.

You've spammed your work enough that most have already listened to it(I'd imagine), some are too lazy to comment, others don't have anything good to say about it thus won't bother say anythign at all. You aren't being singled out either, this is just how it has been.

Here's something for you to think on. Obviously, it's only my personal view, but still. I find your posting manner arrogant towards other artists - claiming that you, and you alone, are the second coming of goa trance (or something along those lines anyway). But you don't stop there - you have to spam your soundcloud links outside the promotional area. And really, it's all well and good that you like the stuff you do, but sometimes being humble is the way to go.

Also, it's called free will. It's not arrogance on my part, if I choose not to listen or comment - it's arrogance on your part expecting everyone to listen and like your work.

Has anyone listened to my song? I find it very arrogant that people ignore so many posts here that I post. And you are Goa fans with PLUR as your statement. Rediculous. so many posts I post and the songs I link just get ignored, because I am not one of the big guys. Is that how this community gives new people chances? Is this how people are treated, who link some tracks in an appropriate thread? I am in many forums and people help there and talk a lot, not any post is not quoted and noone is dissmissed. I find it reall unbelievable that people dissmiss guys here, that are not yet popular. This forum has changed and gotten into a very ignorant place, except of a few good guys. But when i look at all the other threads a lot of posts here are just being ignored and no comment posted on them, altough people want to hear replies on the stuff they are saying. But I think the arrogance and ignorance of a lot of forum members here who are from this time mirrors the world outside at this time.

Also, it's called free will. It's not arrogance on my part, if I choose not to listen or comment - it's arrogance on your part expecting everyone to listen and like your work.

Yes. If you want some feedback, try to get it from other new goa artists after having listened and commented their works through soundcloud, fb, whatever. :) That might imply you have to understand and try to appreciate their work, even if it's newschool, but they will generously reward you by trying to understand and appreciate your work as well.

I post4ed the links only to show how newschool goa Trance could sound these days and to make an example. I did not post it as an advertisment or such, but I would still have appreciated any coments, whether others find the tracks sound oldschool or not. this forum is arrogant and careless, besides a few examples, mostly moderators or guys from the old days. it is not only my posts that often get dissmissed. As I am browsing through the threads i notice a lot of posts without answers or comments and that is a fact. In the old days any question would have been answered and for example when some people post comments about how much they like a track or an artist, they get dissmissed aswell. You can't deny that the attitute of the members here, of some at least is looking for themselfes and not looking at what others have to say. I will adapt to that, but I am wondering why those changes have happened, instead we could look at each other and care about what anyone has to say.

Mr. radi6404 through whole topic you're spaming with your demo track and soundcloud link and that (to be honest here) doesn't got anything related with topic title or discussion about basslines in so-called newschool Goa trance music. You posted your track once and I'm sure, that people if are interested would comment it. Personally I don't wanted to comment it because I really don't like it and I think it sounds bad in every segment, starting from horrible mixdown to the zero storytelling and drive, plus, some people were affable and they posted their opinion about track of yours:

Same comment from me as the last one - it needs a climax.

sorry but i think people not comment becuase the track is bland, boring, and it doesnt say anything.

Here is my honest opinion. You've got a lot to learn. Your composition is weak you should think about implementing key changes. As rotwag mentioned you need a build and a climax. The percussion is too quiet. It lacks silence and breaks. The synth sounds are bland. Keep trying you'll get better with every track you make.

Needs drums and percs, gates, fx, resonances at background...

...so, according to thoose posts you can see that something isn't right and maybe you should consider their friendly advices, after all you don't need to to that either, but at least be humble and say 'Thanks for your feedback guys'. Instead of that you're acting like spoiled child and spaming other topics with your track, that is something that should be from now on (at least if you're asking me) sanctioned or warned.

Being a 'big guy' as you're saying, also means to be professional and your acting here is not like that, plus, thoose 'big names' aren't disrespectful to their colleagues-producers, and that is something very important, and guess what, it doesn't got anything to do with 'Shiva-Yoga-PLUR-Hippie bullsh**', it's called manners.

I don't know which track you ahve listened to, but your opnion is definatly not what you really think but something you want to put me down. Do you know why? Because the track, which is called "Sunrrays in the old building" has elements in it, that most newschool Goa tracks don't even have. it has basslines that change their keys several times. Now most Goa trance tracks do not even have that, it has several stringlines along the song, that support the melodies, which is also something that a lot of goa tracks don#t have. And it has more musical ingridients. If you don't like the sound of it, you don't have to. but that track "sunrays in the old building" is aktually musically more complex than many newschool Goa tracks. Because most newschool Goa tracks have one bassline and two main melodies, playing all along the track. For example if you look at the stuff from Ethereal, two main melodies, one simple bassline, no keychange. So my track is musically more complex than their stuff. The mixing is not very good indeet, bu I did not work on it anymore, otherwise it could be improved.

I find it funny when people here takl about complex musical stuff when they don#t really know what they are saying. They are talking of big climaxes and so on, while most people disregard that a lot of newschool goa tracks don't have one keychange in the bassline or the main song and a lot of goa songs don't have complex meldoies, supported by strings. Now my melodies are surely not complex, but I honestly find it funny how people talk about music, when they disregard musical ingridients of the song. Just caring about the climax.

Musically my track "Sunrays in the old building" is musically more complex than for example Astral Projection - Ionized, altough Ionized sounds much better. Now Nilava from Astral projection is many times more complex than my track, cause it has several key changes, lots of layered melodies and more. People should care about musical complexity and not only look about what sounds good and what not.

some people in the thread say, the track needs keychanges, while they could not hear that I impleneted many key changes in the bassline and the strings.

What my real problem with newschool goa trance is that there is nothing that sounds even close to real oldschool goa trance but it sounds very different. the artists use orienatlic melodies, very fast bpm speeds, way too many sounds and most use a floating soundscape, similar to some Dimension 5 tracks. why isn't there anything new that sounds similar to Astral, or Hallucinogen, or Electric Universe, or MFG, or Man with no Name, or Psychaos, or Hunab Ku? do you want to tell me that the newschool stuff is any similar to music from those guys?