Which album is gonna be released first? AP or Hallucinogen?

Ormion

36 members have voted

1. 1. Which one will the see that light of day first?

• Astral Projection
    • Hallucinogen
    • None of them will ever be released. Duh!

You see what I did there, didn't you?

Duke Nukem Forever was released so yeah I want to believe!

A poll for these two psytrance vaporwares.

Do you think that Astral Projection new album is ever gonna be released? Or Simon will finally get his ass off the sofa and start producing the long awaited third album?

Of course there's a third option, which seems more plausible...

BTW what happened to the new GNOTR album that Dick Trevor had promised if the views in a youtube video had exceed a certain limit? Anybody remembers that?

In my humble opinion - none.

And i think that's the best solution, Simon already doing great stuff with Younger Brother / Shpongle and Astral Projection if they decide to release it finally, well I expect to hear some generic fullon stuff.

There are too many great musicians nowdays who got that kind of vibe that thoose mentioned already did in past.

And who are those artists Visually distorted? I don't know of any newschool artist who does not produce overload new age goa with probably 200 layers playing at the same time and 40 melodies playing at the same time, which looked in detail are simple and it does only sound complex because of the many layers, also the tracks are way too fast.

Anyway, i am pretty sure Astral Projection will release a new album somewhere in future, but I doubt Simon Posford will ever release any album under the name hallucinogen and that is a big tragedy.

And who are those artists Visually distorted? I don't know of any newschool artist who does not produce overload new age goa with probably 200 layers playing at the same time and 40 melodies playing at the same time, which looked in detail are simple and it does only sound complex because of the many layers, also the tracks are way too fast.

Than I suggest you to check Reviews section of this board and to read some reviews of releases from labels like Suntrip, Cronomi, DImensional, UAF, Ezel-Ebed, Phototropic, Metapsychic, Sita, Neogoa, Space Baby, I'm sure you'll find something that suits your taste.

Who cares anyway? Hallucinogen's last album (as Hallucinogen) was in 1997. I mean, I can live 15 more years like that, no problem. And the same goes for AP. There's plenty other artists which great ideas, whereas I have the feeling these dudes are worn out and overrated.

You want to support your label and say it is great. Ofcourse the music your artists produce is good, but no track can match the artistic work of Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger for example and some shpongle stuff, the music is just very complicated and very well done, not just copy and paste but done with a lot of thought. Astral Projrection are by far not that great artisticwise, but their sounds and melodies are very well done aswell, there are not a lot of Albums out there that have the quality as Another World or The Astral Files or Dancing Galaxy yet. I have heart lots of new stuff and a lot of it is just overloaded. Goasia is good tough, the melodies are very good and the music is not that overloaded.

Posford already stated that he liked to have a try again. I liked to think that he is quietly working in some stuff, some progressive stuff ala Prometheus but with loads of bubbling sounds. Shpongle and Younger Brother are not taking that much time from him apart from a gig every now and then. So what is the guy up to?? Probably making music......... Solo album??

BTW what happened to the new GNOTR album that Dick Trevor had promised if the views in a youtube video had exceed a certain limit? Anybody remembers that?

Am I the only one who bought the recent GNOTR album?

Who cares anyway? Hallucinogen's last album (as Hallucinogen) was in 1997. I mean, I can live 15 more years like that, no problem. And the same goes for AP. There's plenty other artists which great ideas, whereas I have the feeling these dudes are worn out and overrated.

Touché: too much recycling the old; there are sooooo many new artists who make goatrance that is as good as the old stuff (or even do a better job).

I really start somethimes to get discuraged by the endless recycling of older names on line ups of festivals; new labels don't get a fair chance like this. Old stuff is mystified and over rated (though some stuff is simply great, no denying that :)).

The hype arround old stuff being always better as the newer goa; never really got it, especially the new stuff isn't worse at all.

I wait for a festival that books only new names quality goa: than we speak again of a real revival and trust in the newer labels and artists (especially the second; I think the hype is misplaced and shows a huge disrispect and lack of real appreciation to new artists: most of us wouldn't even hear the diffrence between the new and the older stuff when listened objective).

Maybe for many not the truth :), but for a starter my two cents ;)

I do not think that new Goa sounds the same as old Goa, maybe as cheesy old Goa but not as good old Goa. There are a few exception but I want the people here to tell me, which artists do sound like the old stuff instead of only saying it sounds like old stuff.

Khetzal, filteria, Ypsilon5, those do not sound like the old stuff at all for example.

I have gone through some of the Suntrip stuff and listened to it and I know why it does not sell that well and only 1000 copies are pressed. The stuff is just not good, Afgin, Astrancer, E-mantra etc.. It does not have the euphoria, the big atmosphere and the coolness of the old tracks, it sounds very much like computer generated music and to be honest, when I am set I could produce music that is closer to old goa trance then this, I hope the problems I am experiencing now will fade away in near future and I will post some stuff here, that IS like the old stuff.