Genre: Goa Trance, Psychedelic

Style: New School

Tracks: 4

Playtime: 29:20 min

Catalog#: UAFR022

URL: http://www.uafrecords.com/artists/toi-doi

Release Date: 21. July 2011.

Release notes:

The Mother Pitch EP is the latest release from Toi Doi an experienced Goa producer from France who come back into the trance scene after several years of silence with new melodies and sensations.

Released by Underground Alien Factory Records, this collection of four singular tracks are produced to travel back into the early times of Goa music with new cerebral modulations for that present moment.

Tracklist:

01. Toi Doi - Frogs Party (8:00)

02. Toi Doi - Oxigen (6:22)

03. Toi Doi - Worm Twist (7:36)

04. Toi Doi - D-Liss (Recycled Mix) (7:22)

Credits:

Coverart by Persistent Aura @ http://persistentaura.deviantart.com/

Mastering by Link Audio Design Studio

Download:

http://www.ektoplazm.com/2011/toi-doi-mother-pitch

I prefer you to read his biography on his UAF profil on this link. Very interesting bio and some type of story with fresh new picture :)

Cool this should be great, but what about the demo's on his soundcloud? Is he preparing an album then?

That is for sure! He is back and want start new era with old school touch. I also helping him to organize some booking for him. First of all should be in Belgium next year but we will see :)

Last time when I spoke with Gilles, he also told me that he is trying to revive his live act as Toi Doi so he's opened for any kind of bookings. His style now is really flexible so if you book him for a goa trance or darkpsy party, in my opinion there won't be any big difference.

Really looking forward for this EP

• 3 weeks later...

I like everything except the bass-lines. Why is there such a "need" for boring full-on'ish bass-lines these days? It drag it down a bit for me. Otherwise it's cool tunes and it's nice to see him back.

I really dont think that they are pure full on bassline, maybe some mix of goa and full on bass...

@Robostyx he told me that tracks are fresh, is possible that we have here unreleased 90s gems? I can't believe, however music is good!

Soon he will release one more track in my VA on UAF so expect once more good music :)

I really dont think that they are pure full on bassline, maybe some mix of goa and full on bass...

I wrote "fullon'ish" which mean they are kind of full on ;) Point is to me the are way too monotonic, going down that "ra - ta - ta - ta road", and IMO does not live up to rest of the otherwise great elements in his tunes.

@Robostyx he told me that tracks are fresh, is possible that we have here unreleased 90s gems? I can't believe, however music is good!

Weird...i don't know how to explain that, but i can't believe it's coincidence

if u check carefully the link that i gave in post #13, u will see the same titles of the first 3 tracks of this EP

(track #2, track #4, track #11)

at the bottom of the page says that the tracks are from 1996-98 (the first 2)

check also his page http://toidoi.free.fr/ (tracks->unreleased)

oxygen & worm twist samples was there (last update of the page -> 2003)

it seems that the only fresh track is the last one (d-liss)

maybe he maded some re-works? dunno

u better ask him :P

What a pleasure! Hard mature goa! This growling sounds :wub:

give us more please!!! :wub:

Hail to Imba recruiting veterans! :lol:

Gilles is really cool dude, for sure one of the most pleasant guys with who I've exchanged some e-mails. He told me in March that he's been looking for some labels for possible (digital) release of his unreleased stuff and some new tracks. According to him (and I think that Federico also mentioned the same) - that possible full lenght of Toi Doi's unreleaseds could be published on DAT Records in future.

In April (this year) he asked me about his participation in DG2 project in December, so if all goes well as I planned, he will introduce some fresh sci-fi goa.

Speaking about Mother Pitch EP, it's one of the best UAF release so far (alongside with Sky Technology EP & Trinodia LP). Really nice atmosphere and good sound, all presented well with professional cover artwork.

Recommended :)

Thanks so much for this, i love Toi Doi sound!!!