Wirikuta scam?

Penzoline

So there have been claims by actual label owners of wirikuta scamming labels/artists and consumers over at isra.

http://forum.isratrance.com/wirikuta-distribution/page2/

I think the word needs to get out if this is in fact true. Such a shame but I am not surprised. Is psytrance really profitable enough?

Same crap happened with kagdila's owner scamming artists..

Surprising if true, I've had email dealings with Wirikuta and they seemed like very nice people. IIRC Phobium lived with some of them for a while and only had nice things to say about them too.

It's such an old debate really. It's been known for at least the past 3-4 years and debated before. Yet people still use him. No matter how many times it's debated people will still use him as there will always be those who miss the debates and he continue his scam operation like so many other "sharks" in this scene.

It's such an old debate really. It's been known for at least the past 3-4 years and debated before. Yet people still use him. No matter how many times it's debated people will still use him as there will always be those who miss the debates and he continue his scam operation like so many other "sharks" in this scene.

Is there only one person involved?

But this really sucks, I will ovoid them for now on, always been too expensive anyways :P

I was in contact with Andrea (Florian?) not too long ago because I wanted to release an album with a certain danish artist. She told that Wirikuta's Japanese department was declared bankrupt and that they couldn't make any new deals right now. I'm still ordering CD's from them on the regular and they have great service. But I'm not sure how long they will be able to hold the ship above the water. We'll see...

The Psy scene is going through an all-time low right now. Goa/Psy was selling like warm bread back in the late 90'es. Label's didn't have to care about stuff like branding (or quality for that matter). It's different now. Why can some underground Death Metal band move 10.000 copies when a Goa artist can't move 500? That's probably because Extreme Metal always was a hard-to-sell product. You really had to learn all the tricks of the trade to be able to sell it. Both the label's and the artists of the Metal scene have become experts at it. Maybe it's time for the Trance scene to grow the fuck up and realize that times have changed.

Maybe... Or maybe we should go mainstream so we could sell as much as Britney does :D?

Either that or people whos music scores less than 4 stars at discogs should stop making psytrance :lol:.

That would make room for less releases in already somewhat small market.

• 2 months later...

Surprising if true, I've had email dealings with Wirikuta and they seemed like very nice people. IIRC Phobium lived with some of them for a while and only had nice things to say about them too.

Nice people indeed. Only thing, I haven't heard anything since my album was released. so ...

• 3 months later...

So ... these are quite strong facts presented over at Isratrance that I would really like to find proof about ... and I'd also have a meaning from the other side...

I know I was attempting to contact Wirikuta = Andrea (Florian?) Gambacorta many months back because of some issue I wanted to inquire about which I had been asked for from the team from PanzarProduktionz (didn't concern them in particular though afaik) -- they had asked me because I'm Austrian, that means from the same country. Guess what, the subject was about a scam too.

I tried contacting Wirikuta by phone, but I never came through. Very strange.

Nice people indeed. Only thing, I haven't heard anything since my album was released. so ...

With that, do you mean you have not gotten paid? That would be outrageous.

I personally had been ordering CDs and vinyl from them in the past several times and their service was always perfect, nothing to complain about. Also had conversations when they'll get this and that and so on. All good, nothing to complain and Andrea seemed like a nice person. That's why I'm a bit wondering now.

With that, do you mean you have not gotten paid?

Yes. But I don't want to start a shitstorm. The album was released back in 2007, I haven't heard anything so I figured it would be nice to put it out on my site. If you google it you'll find some torrent and share sites on page 1 I think, easier to put it on phobium.net then.

Yes. But I don't want to start a shitstorm. The album was released back in 2007, I haven't heard anything so I figured it would be nice to put it out on my site. If you google it you'll find some torrent and share sites on page 1 I think, easier to put it on phobium.net then.

Dude, I appreciate you being all so cool about this, but getting ripped off this way is pretty damn bad.

People definitely should know - and they do now, which is good. I was playing with my thoughts whether to order this album and support Wirikuta (and you I thought), but now I'm damn glad that I forgot all about it and didn't do it for it turns out I might have supported ripping you off.

Still, cheers for putting the material online and taking it so easy.

This sort of thing happens all the time. Don't be surprised.

Thing is, no-one ever bothers to talk about them. I know I would, but I guess people just don't care enough? Of course you can't really do much about it, but what harm can it do to point out these assholes who rip people off?

This sort of thing happens all the time. Don't be surprised.

Exactly. My primary experience with psytrance labels is this. Only a few labels have fulfilled their agreement with me, meaning releasing my music and at the same time paying me what we agreed on.

As I said here earlier, within a couple of weeks I will release a compilation with my own tunes released on labels who didn't pay.

Today's trivia:

I named my album "future uncertain" because I was sick of labels being unprofessional, I was not sure if I had the energy to continue making music where both labels and party organizers said one thing (payment) and gave another (no pay). I was uncertain I was gonna make psytrance in the future. After releasing that album, I stopped making psytrance.

• 1 year later...

anybody has heard anything about the Wirikuta Distribution story ? I was interested in contacting them cause they had some backstock I was interested into

• 2 weeks later...

It's very sad, I feel very sry abt all the artists who didn't get paid, phobiun has stopped making psytrance, if the scene is that bad, it's upto ppl to wake up and stop using file sharing and torrent sites. If u can't afford, EKTOPLAZM is always there.. But if u can afford.. U should buy it legally.. I read Jaws Underground say the same thing on Facebook, some guy ripped him off, he told it when a fan asked him where to buy his old album.

• 2 weeks later...

this is very unfortunate and concerning for a young Goa loving artist such as myself. I've been thinking of different means to introduce goa in the US, where the genre is unknown, making it an untapped market. Unfortunately image is quite important here and the current image is largely undefined or too hippiesk/drug related. I plan to present it as futuristic and sophisticated. Pure synthesis music or Pointillism applied to sound if you may. I've only met three or so people who knEw what goa was before I introduced the genre to them, this almost makes me miserable! I have no one to share my love with and I feel like a pariah. Americans will buy anything as long as it looks appealing and makes you feel like you are a part of something. Its worth a shot...

this is very unfortunate and concerning for a young Goa loving artist such as myself. I've been thinking of different means to introduce goa in the US, where the genre is unknown, making it an untapped market. Unfortunately image is quite important here and the current image is largely undefined or too hippiesk/drug related. I plan to present it as futuristic and sophisticated. Pure synthesis music or Pointillism applied to sound if you may. I've only met three or so people who knEw what goa was before I introduced the genre to them, this almost makes me miserable! I have no one to share my love with and I feel like a pariah. Americans will buy anything as long as it looks appealing and makes you feel like you are a part of something. Its worth a shot...

Well, I don't want to prove you wrong, as you are living in USA and I am not. But every party I went in Japan, there were a large crowd of Americans who I am sure brought goa back to their cities. I met one guy from Georgia who even learnt how to paint backdrops to make his own party. Of course, 10 or 20 guys doesn't make a scene, but in big cities there are some parties going on, like in NY. You said you're new to the scene, so believe: if you want people to know more about goa and create a local scene, then just don't wait to bump on some guys with the same musical taste. Throw a small party, this will help gather people interested. Perhaps there are more people who like goa near you, you just haven't met them yet.

Imagine if one in 100 Americans even knew what Goa trance was; things would be very different. I've heard of the parties in NYC but I have never been to one, I've never been to any in fact.I live 5 hours away from the city and it makes it very inconvenient for me.

You're idea of throwing a party is great but the turnout in my area would be dismal Not to mention the fact that it would be hard to get the word out to the right people. I know how to use a cdj but I have no interest in being a dj.

Imagine if one in 100 Americans even knew what Goa trance was; things would be very different. I've heard of the parties in NYC but I have never been to one, I've never been to any in fact.I live 5 hours away from the city and it makes it very inconvenient for me.

You're idea of throwing a party is great but the turnout in my area would be dismal Not to mention the fact that it would be hard to get the word out to the right people. I know how to use a cdj but I have no interest in being a dj.

I would say "give it a try". My city certainly knows less about Goa or psy than yours, given that Brazilians are less globalized than Americans, but parties here attract a good crowd. I think most people who like electronic music haven't heard of Goa but they know what psy trance is.