Psynews BEST OF 2009

mars

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should the new Best-Of system allow to see other members' votes?

• Yes
    • No

Sorry to continue the subject, but I just thought of something...

I definitely don't want to fall in the trap of defining the style of each release...if we can interface with discogs next year, ok why not. Else, no.

Yeah, I can totally see where you're coming from, but maybe it's not necessary? I don't know how you organised your database, but I imagine each release has an attribute whether it is a v/a or album and whether it is uptempo or downtempo. What if you'd stick to this, but would let participants assign releases themselves to the styles? What I mean one could put e.g. Psykovsky "Da Budet" into goa/psy, full-on, dark/tech, prog/housey or suomi/scando, but not in similar v/a or downtempo categories. This way you'd not be responsible for categorising the releases and I'm pretty sure 99% of users would know where to put them. Still, you'd be able to present the results in a current split, i.e. uptempo albums/va-s and downtempo albums/va-s.

Too bad I come up with this proposal so late :(

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to continue the subject, but I just thought of something...

Yeah, I can totally see where you're coming from, but maybe it's not necessary? I don't know how you organised your database, but I imagine each release has an attribute whether it is a v/a or album and whether it is uptempo or downtempo. What if you'd stick to this, but would let participants assign releases themselves to the styles? What I mean one could put e.g. Psykovsky "Da Budet" into goa/psy, full-on, dark/tech, prog/housey or suomi/scando, but not in similar v/a or downtempo categories. This way you'd not be responsible for categorising the releases and I'm pretty sure 99% of users would know where to put them. Still, you'd be able to present the results in a current split, i.e. uptempo albums/va-s and downtempo albums/va-s.

Too bad I come up with this proposal so late :(

More genres? No thanks, but I think that would be a complete mess. Where would I stick Artifakt? Krumelur? Shift? And besides, Top 10 is Top 10. Not Top 100 från 10 different genres. I think the purpose of the Top 10 would deminish.

Bah, at work I can download Chrome and the standard browser is IE6, so I can't really vote here. Which sucks, because when I have most time is at work.

Imagine that, huh? Governments... still using IE6.

Just another premise, to fuel the argument that goverments are not to be trusted :) At least not in regard of their making rational decisions.

More genres? No thanks, but I think that would be a complete mess. Where would I stick Artifakt? Krumelur? Shift? And besides, Top 10 is Top 10. Not Top 100 från 10 different genres. I think the purpose of the Top 10 would deminish.

Can't agree. It's not like psytrance is homogenous nowadays so forcing a choice between different genres is ...well, forced. It is for me quite easy to say which CD was the best (IMO) in 2009 goa/psy, full-on, darkpsy, ambient etc. releases, but not which one of those genre-bests is objectively the best - depending on time, place and mood different music appeals to me and is able to evoke the same / similar feelings.

But it seems it's just my problem so I won't come back to that again :)

Added them, except Koan which was already there.

How many votes so far?

On February 20th, 16:30 CET we have 27 voting members

And the folling amount of votes:

Best Psy/Uptempo Albums 173

Best Psy/Uptempo Compils 75

Best Ambient/Downtempo Albums 132

Best Ambient/Downtempo Compils 59

Well I know it is there for "best of 2009", you have to wait a few secs, and sometimes it doesn't drop down. As far as "best of decade" is concerned, I have no idea if there exists any drop down menu. B)

That vote isn't supposed to have started yet. I had planned on launching it quite fast, so I had put a start date on February 15th, but I haven't had the time to parse & store the 2000-2008 release in there yet. So I reset the startdate to April 1st...please be patient.

many more people need to vote, come on guys!

it can't be a best of based on 30 people when there ae 4000 members here...

many more people need to vote, come on guys!

it can't be a best of based on 30 people when there ae 4000 members here...

I'm still compiling the lists... too much stuff I have to re-listen to so I get a better idea of how I actually feel about them (now) :huh: I need more time!

maybe others are in the same situation?

I added my votes

but it should be noted that I wanted to select

Wi']['ch - The Hypersub

Galaxy - Science of Ecstasy

Evan Bluetech - Call of the Wild

and they were not to be found.

Anyway - as always glad to participate.

Cheers 2009

Welcome Goa/Psytrance/Ambient 2010!

604ever

Hello guys,

The vote is going to end in exactly 2 days. Be sure to cast your votes.

Worth noting the result compilation is not automatic. I have to press a buttin on my side...and I'll be on holidays until the 11th.

You can expect the results on the 12th.