Psynews BEST OF 2009

mars

71 members have voted

1. 1. Should the new Best-Of system allow to see other members' votes?

• Yes
    • No

Not sure whether this ought to qualify or not, but how about adding Tomáš Dvořák - Machinarium Soundtrack to the downtempo list? It's jolly good.

Plz add 2 comps from Ektoplaz:

Anomalistic Ballistic [Anomalistic Rec.]

Rest In Pieces [sonic Tantra Rec.]

Added them + others submitted by email.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we add Steve Brand + ISHQ - Spiritual Science / The Voice From Home in the chill section as it was beautiful and I want to vote for it :P

I am almost ready to vote. Just expecting a shipment of what I missed then I'll know :)

and

Lightaman JR - Rollator Race [6-Dimension Sound]

Puoskari - Different Path [Faerie Dragon Records]

:)

ED:

I think there might be something odd going on with the data-base?! Or maybe it is my computer/browser(Firefox/3.6)

I lost most of my votes (when submitting), and at some point it stopped giving me suggestions (during voting), and the suggestions were quite slow to show. Is this normal?

I don't get it... you enter your favorites manually and then someone else has to add 'em all up? Then what was the point of adding all separate releases into a database?

I kinda expected a dropdown list for each position so you could just pick 'em from a list...

I don't get it... you enter your favorites manually and then someone else has to add 'em all up? Then what was the point of adding all separate releases into a database?

I kinda expected a dropdown list for each position so you could just pick 'em from a list...

There is a "drop down" list. Just enter the first letter of the artist :)

I'm infinitely grateful for how Mars has set up the voting this year and I know it's a bit late for requests, but I'm afraid it will end for me the same as it did last year - there's so much worthy releases, that I simply can't decide. I think that instead of proposed split (uptempo albums, uptempo va's, downtempo album, downtempo va's) there should be a different one: goa/psychedelic, full-on, dark/tech, prog/housey and chill/downtempo with possibility to vote for 10 (instead of just 5) in each category.

And two analysis dimensions I always miss - age of poll participant and year he started listening to goa/psy.

For the first remark, I definitely don't want to fall in the trap of defining the style of each release...if we can interface with discogs next year, ok why not. Else, no.

For the second remark, I expressed (on the other thread) that I had one month to do that system and I made it as simple as possible. There will be lots of lessons to learn after this session and a whole lot of room for improvement :)

So the voting has already started and there was no official announcement? How many votes do you expect? 10?

?

There was an announcement from mars. It is even in the first post.

For the first remark, I definitely don't want to fall in the trap of defining the style of each release...if we can interface with discogs next year, ok why not. Else, no.

For the second remark, I expressed (on the other thread) that I had one month to do that system and I made it as simple as possible. There will be lots of lessons to learn after this session and a whole lot of room for improvement :)

Yeah, I know. Thanks anyway :)

Well, imo would be better if the title was Favourites of 2009.

"Best of" sounds too heavy and it's somehow unfair and practically not possible.

And two analysis dimensions I always miss - age of poll participant and year he started listening to goa/psy.

Quite interesting...

Furthermore it would be interesting too which releases would be voted today for past years.

Moreover what would we vote in 2010 as "Best" of 2008 or 2007, without the rush of the new year's voting and with a better view of the past releases..

Really? That's odd, my ff didn't work then. Might have to try again tomorrow then! Cheers, dude.

Well I know it is there for "best of 2009", you have to wait a few secs, and sometimes it doesn't drop down. As far as "best of decade" is concerned, I have no idea if there exists any drop down menu. B)