Albums that are just "psychedelic" not genre-pigeonholed

karan129

Hey Karan, check out OOOD's last two albums "Free Range" and "Fourthought"... made to be just good psychedelic dance music. No darkpsy cliches here, but a wide variety of moods and tempos, and pretty trippy with it. The albums come from a psytrance angle but venture quite a way off to the side!

OOOD-Freerange (eye of the beholder :wub: ) One of the greatest tracks in my collection... Never get tired of hearing it! Thanks for the music Colin

Hey Karan, check out OOOD's last two albums "Free Range" and "Fourthought"... made to be just good psychedelic dance music.

+1

Also, I've only had it for a week, but I reckon you should give Overdream - Wonderwise a try. Tracks mostly start out sounding like darkpsy, but then later they have a lot of really nice melodic bits too. There's nothing really groundbreaking but they have too wide a range of influences to fit into any particular sub-genre IMO.

Kindzadza - Waves from Inner Space

I find both Kindzadza and Psykovsky's style to be too much of the "noisy" and "chaotic" to be to my liking.

you tried Schizm already?

Another one in the same vain, pure psychedelic experimental crazy music:

Psy Harmonics 3 - Hacking the Reality Myth

Schizm the comp right? It was great, full of funky, groovy psy that had me bouncing.

I didn't like Hacking the Reality Myth all that much.

Hey Karan, check out OOOD's last two albums "Free Range" and "Fourthought"... made to be just good psychedelic dance music. No darkpsy cliches here, but a wide variety of moods and tempos, and pretty trippy with it. The albums come from a psytrance angle but venture quite a way off to the side!

I sure will. You made Unconscious Collective - Fluorostani Transcendance right? Its the perfect example of what I'm looking for :)

You should look for

Ubar Tmar - True

Sandman - Witchcraft

Shaolin Wooden Men - Supermindway

Spiral Active Project - Spiral Active Project

Texas Faggott - Petoman's Peflett

V.A. - Shamanic Trance mixed by Tsuyoshi Suzuki

Odd Harmonics - Coincidentalism - Demon Tea - 2000

Ok! I'm deluged with suggestions! Allow me a few weeks to fight my way out of the descending barrage of psychedelia :ph34r:

Btw, does anyone here like the album Domi Pastor - Immortality? I felt, that at the least it had some very good tracks, though not many people seem to think so.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...