Albums that are just "psychedelic" not genre-pigeonholed

karan129

I'm looking for albums that are just psychedelic, not full-on or dark or whatever. I've found that they generally tend to be good. Examples of what I'm looking for are -

Hallucinogen - The Lone Deranger

Koxbox - Dragon Tales

Crop Circles - Tetrahedron

Ubar Tmar - Macrometasomakosmos

Domi Pastor - Immortality (tends towards full-on in parts but is still good)

Space Tribe - Thru the Looking Glass - this full-on-ey but its not bassline oriented+same old synths, inside relying on the heavy use of acid, really trippy stuff

Etnica - Alien protein

MEEO - Highlight me please

Nystagmus - The immaculate perception

Talpa - The art of being non

Ocelot - Dream selector

Tetrameth - Psychological ....

Pigs in Space - Pigs in space

... ...looks to me you're looking for older albums in general......good hunting...

Very nice list of suggestions so far !! Looks like you asked the right question Karan :) Maybe I can add some thoughts to your psy-quest.

Goalishes:

Alienated Buddha - Inpsyde

Tandu - Multimoods

Deedrah - Self Oscillation

Daggadaggalishes:

Derango - Tumult

Psykovsky - Debut

Zolod - Deja Vu Fabrique

Isratrance:

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering / Classical Mushroom

Psysex - Expressions Of Rage

Violet Vision - First Sign Of Communication

Scrumptious:

Sandman - Witchcraft

Shivasidpao - The Album

Yamabikaya - The Arrival

And let's not ignore some hyper trippy psychedelic madness to compliment your mushroom and LSD:

Mush weirdness: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Not-My-Cup-...a/release/80019

LSD technology: http://www.discogs.com/Various-Peace-For-T.../release/726650

:posford:

Nice suggestions, I'm checking them all out.

The Domi Pastor - Immortality is turning out to be really good.

I'd also like to add Children of Paradise - Urban Alien to my original list.

... ...looks to me you're looking for older albums in general......good hunting..

I'm not really looking for older stuff, even though the examples I posted were old. I'm actually look for psy, not goa, which doesn't fit in any category because its just so out there =) For me Deranger and Dragon Tales aren't goa but psy.

Hehe Ormion, Furious is pretty "dark" if you ask me ;)

Karan, maybe you like M.E.E.O??

It was fine, but it didn't grab me. The style is different though, so I'm planning on a repeat listen.

Not the typical darkpsy IMO. Not even night music. More maximal psytrance to me.

I thought it was dark, but maybe you're right.

Just because something is dark doesn't mean its darkpsy.

Darkpsy has it's own set of sounds/rules to a certain extent.

The gathering is certainly very dark for instance but its far before darkpsy's sound and therefore doesn't have any of the hallmarks of it and isn't darkpsy at all. Theres no reason why a psy album can't be dark without sounding like the other darkpsy around atm either.

Acid = High Tech

Osom / Furious = Super High Tech Psychedelic Trance Music

..if there is a race in making the most intense acid build your own geometrical shapes and stuff music, these Russians are winning!!

Just because something is dark doesn't mean its darkpsy.

Darkpsy has it's own set of sounds/rules to a certain extent.

The gathering is certainly very dark for instance but its far before darkpsy's sound and therefore doesn't have any of the hallmarks of it and isn't darkpsy at all. Theres no reason why a psy album can't be dark without sounding like the other darkpsy around atm either.

Hehe, Here we go again with the genre pigeonholes :P

Furios is +150pbm, a deep deep dark bassline and ZERO melodies, just beautifully structured noize and effects... That makes it darkpsy (at least to me) :)

Then newer Penta, Psykovsky and Kindzadza isn't darkpsy either, according to you guys?

Furios is +150pbm, a deep deep dark bassline and ZERO melodies, just beautifully structured noize and effects... That makes it darkpsy (at least to me) :)

Then newer Penta, Psykovsky and Kindzadza isn't darkpsy either, according to you guys?

I agree with buzz. Penta, Psykovsky, KinDzaDza and Furious are all darkpsy. Darkpsy does't mean necessary dark, it means night music or to put it better psy more suitable for night-dark.

But like I said Furious is kind of different, a new style possibly? I will still call it darkpsy, but not that darkpsy either. :unsure: Like ultrapsy maybe?

My favourite album in that category is for sure Planum - Elaborate http://www.discogs.com/Planum-Elaborate/release/532116, my second pick would be Lish - Free Fall http://www.discogs.com/Lish-Free-Fall/release/409721. I know Lish is rated as progressive but it's far beyond that for me because of the melodies and everything. It always kills me when I'm tripping and listening to that album, it's just so beyond everything for me. But that's personal taste... ;)

Well ugh,

I haven't really heard much of anything mentioned, so wasn't refering to furious or anyone specifically. Just pointing out.

I find myself agreeing that Furious is more "maximal psy" than "dark".

I haven't heard Planum, will give it a listen :) Lish is too proggy for my taste.

^same same high tech acid (OSOM). I love that mathematical geomtrical formation music stuff, what I miss sometimes is more music with feelings like Simon used to put out. I haven't heard the new Furious, but someone mentioned it had a lot of.. well, a lot! Sounds nice. What I love about psykovsky - debut is the roary emotions!! But dat is da nighttime lullaby dark psy stuff, um?

I find myself agreeing that Furious is more "maximal psy" than "dark".

aj tot Furious was lik killa Full-On'n'stuff :P

Hey, karan, have you tried some of my suggestions, have you?? Lish pff.. Come on, gimme some backreports, I think I deserve it! :rolleyes:

Yeah, you do for all those suggestions =P But there were such a whole lot of suggestions that its going to take me time to listen to all of them. Of the 5 I've heard...

Tandu - Multimoods

Good but no great, I think its not my style. However I heard it a long time ago, so its up for relisten.

Derango - Tumult

Great album, its a real experience with all the stuff being thrown around. But its definitely dark.

Psykovsky - Debut

I liked the first few tracks but after that it just became the usual darkpsy, so I didn't like it.

Infected Mushroom - The Gathering / Classical Mushroom

Yup, these albums are good stuff, but they aren't psychedelic enough. They aren't crazy, they're somewhat like tranquilized psy.

Sandman - Witchcraft

Yesss!! Now we're talking. This album is great!!

I will definitely hear all of your suggestions, given a lil bit of time :)

I'm looking for albums that are just psychedelic, not full-on or dark or whatever.

Hey Karan, check out OOOD's last two albums "Free Range" and "Fourthought"... made to be just good psychedelic dance music. No darkpsy cliches here, but a wide variety of moods and tempos, and pretty trippy with it. The albums come from a psytrance angle but venture quite a way off to the side!