compilation

draeke

Hello,

what kind of old tracks woul you people like to see released *possibly* on a next release of my label?

I have some ideas and i leave them here:

I have tons of old lotus omega tracks that never seen the light of the day, like the splendid Alien Form (original and remix) that you can have a sneek preview on that goa gil mix (but that doesnt fully do justice to it) the infamous killer joke which sounds like crop circles and in reality is 12 minute long (the version that is on p2p is a 5 minute cut track of it) and a great remix of 100% revital free too + others at the same level.. rossi and fleps (lotus omega member's nicknames) surely knew how to deliver wicked psychedelic sounds :)

plus there are old california sunshine around (like a nice remix of alala, which i lately found on a tape)

and i am in contact with loopus in fabula too which probably will make me listen to their tapes too and they had some wicked stuff for sure!

I may as well try to see if chi-ad has some material from the old times that can be released (some redivider remix i seem to recall is not released)

etc..

so basically what are the artists u'd like more to revive? (don't answer etnica, as i already have plans for their old unreleased music, this is a topic about other projects)

let me know

Joseph, you've gone OFFTOPIC this wasn't about represses OR etnica.

represses eventually later on.

i want ideas for a compilation :), did u read well ??? :P

Psychaos - I would love to have the chance to hear some of those old unreleased tracks, including the collaborations with Etnica (sorry) and Ofer.

Syb Unity Nettwerk - Kris Kylven released so many tracks from 1995-1996 that unfortunately saw only a vinyl release. They deserve to be released on CD. A lot of people haven't heard 'Limited Access To The Files' as well due to its limited CD pressing.

Tim Schuldt - Same reason as Syb Unity Nettwerk. He has had so many releases under different project names and collaborations between '96 and '97, it would be really nice to have those vinyl b-sides finally see a proper CD release, especially 'Back To Blighty'. He might have some unreleased gems too.

Thanks for asking.

:)

I may as well try to see if chi-ad has some material from the old times that can be released (some redivider remix i seem to recall is not released)

I think it is released on vinyl with Creeping Gravity and the Pathfinder remix. Both remixes (Rediver and Pathfinder) would be great to have on CD.

Another suggestion: http://www.discogs.com/release/33597

Great vinyl, never released on digital media. Kopfuss Resonator might still be answering emails.

JLK (of Spectral) is also answering emails from his web site in case you want to probe their back catalogue (many gems in there I would say, probably some unreleased too).

Lastly, Jaia has a few unreleased works from way back in the day. I don't know what they're called; one was a collaboration with Taj Mahal. Pretty good stuff.

yes, that is what i wanted, thanks for the replies :)!

The option of re releasing b sides is something i thought too. I forgot to mention i asked already to tim about his old material and he is interested. One top notch killer track that i would want to release is Ushuaya - 3 Months, he is already looking for the DAT containing it. He thinks, though, that he released all his old material, but many tracks only on vinyl, that's right.

Psychaos is definetely someone i will want to release very much as well as Total Eclipse and Transwave.

If Toi Doi will answer to my call there is definetely some stuff i would want to check from him :)

We'll see..

by the way there are samples of the crop circles online, check my other topic about the album release.

Just choose the best tracks, simple as that... :) I don't care if it is from famous groups or infamous... As long as it is good :D

And I prefer real music over B-sides, as some collectors will have that stuff already of course :)

Faithealers (Kris Kylven & Make Louhio of Kiwa) had a smashing 12" on Aurinko back in a day.

Make told me there is actually the whole album they made but it was never released for some reason.

I'd be very interested in it if it's as good as that 12" with Sacred Hearts and Optical Dreams tracks...Aurinko was such a great label back then.

Subcouds unrlsd material is something I'd definately like to dig into!

Same goes for Lotus Omega, I always wanted to hear the full version of the Alien track :)

Next to that, I'd like to add old P.Cok material to the wishlist...I'm sure there must be some very nice pre-1998 stuff in between their unreleased material.

is it any chance to release Subcouds music?

+1 would be bloody nice!

I'm not sure if that Hiscore Xor (Hiscore) are just an one-hit-wonder but their track True Freedom is really nice! (Haven't heard others). I would like to hear some more though ;) Or other of the old symbiosis artists like Orion?!

ED: :lol: didn't see oopie's post!

Subcouds unrlsd material is something I'd definately like to dig into!

We had alot of music by them, but unfortunately it was all far less good then the stuff that was released... A pitty as they had alot of talent for sure! :)

Same with California Sunshine, tons of unreleased tracks and the best one by far was the one released on Sundrops imo... In opposite of what many people think, lots of the unreleased tracks are not THAT amazing from famous groups... Most real good tracks were released... I say most, there are still options of course :D

I want the old Amanite FX tracks to be released (before they really vanished from the earth)

Unfortunately lot of people think that the unreleased stuff = the best. Go figure...

Most unreleased stuff wasn't released because it was not the best. Of course there are loads of unreleased tracks from famous artist which haven't been released because of space/time/chance/financial matters/busted labels and loads of other reasons. After all if an artist made (say) 50 tracks they couldn't be released all - you had to make the best choices in your given circumstances.

This is all true and false.

some artists didn't release just the worst tracks, that is for sure, but some others, had some special tracks they did not want to release at all or didn't have a chance to.

Etnica, for instance, refused to release Trip Tonight Remix until 2000 but they made it 2 or 3 years before. it was one of their special tracks to be played at live sets or dj sets.

This is just one example from the band i know better but i am very sure there are other artists who did the same, and some have some of their special gems / best hit that are still unreleased.

Another example is Interstellar Overdrive, a greek band that never wanted to release at all, despite having 10 incredible mind blowing tracks, and they were offered by TIP World in 99 to release and they refused, as they refused other label proposal, they said, as far as i know, that their music was JUST theirs and they didn't want it to be published. And trust me, i have heard 5 of their tracks, they were monstrously good.

But Magus for instance, from greece, didnt receive the needed attention, they had dozends of good tracks and nobody released a full album, until recently, but that recent album is all made of modern remixes.. if i can i'd love to release some very funky and wicked tune like Funkadelic Drink (just to name one very good of thier unreleaseds)

But i agree there is A LOT of unreleased crap :)

Thanks for all the suggestions, i will try my best to contact these artists.. and yes Anoebis, Amanite FX was really good, but i never heard any of their unreleaseds unfortunately, do u have any or a way of contacting them? i remember i found sometime ago a website announcing their return and offering a sample of a new track, but i lost it.

Thanks for all the suggestions, i will try my best to contact these artists.. and yes Anoebis, Amanite FX was really good, but i never heard any of their unreleaseds unfortunately, do u have any or a way of contacting them? i remember i found sometime ago a website announcing their return and offering a sample of a new track, but i lost it.

No :( Otherwise I would have done that for sure... The weird thing was we were in touch in 2004, and then, at once they vanished... They did send me some short samples which were super good, but after that the e-mail address dissapeared, the site was gone etc... Weird

We had alot of music by them, but unfortunately it was all far less good then the stuff that was released... A pitty as they had alot of talent for sure! :)

Exactly... most unreleased stuff is unreleased for a reason. Subcouds unreleased isn't good, people just rate that shit highly on discogs because it's rare.

You guys are spot on. I was pretty dissapointed with each of their unrsld track I gotta a hold of. I was expecting much more taking a look at discogs rating but...

aha! killer pic of "hux flux" :)

will try to get ahold of Dennis too!

they made some awesome stuff