Chi-A.D.

reger

We (the humans) always wants the stuff we cant get ;)

it seems to be :)

Amen :)

Also, I think the new goa trance sound is a little different from the old style...

For instance, can people give me more cds in the style of Ra - 9th? Good sound quality, warm, analog, soft and melodic but with power? :)

+1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it is because I missed the whole Goa era the first time around, but the more "new" goa releases the better. Just a quick perusal of my collection, look at all the new artists throwing their hat into the ring of sunshine:

Aerosis

Afgin

Artha

Artifakt303

Cell

Cosmo Circle

Ethereal

Filteria

GoAsia

Infinite Dimensions

Intriga

Khetzal

Liquid Flow

Lost Buddha

Merr0w

Mindsphere

Nolax

Ra

Radical Distortion

Sine Die

Travma

Vox

Ypsilon5 (ok, it's been awhile)

That's a good amount of artists providing good music for us to enjoy in a scene that is supposedly dead. Now add in the compilations like:

Apsara

Blissful Moments

Golden Vibes I, II, III

Human Hyperactivation

Jelly Marbles

Opus Iridium

Positive Alchemists Vol. 1

Pure Planet Vol. 1, Vol. 2

Purple Energy Vol. 1, Vol. 2

Pyramidal Trancendence

Twist Dreams

I'm pretty happy. I think goa trancers are in the category of what have you done for me lately, as we always want more. But maybe that is people in general.

Mdk

I purchased the FLAC version and played Edens Vale out at the festival I was DJing at for the solstice... it fit well between Artifact303, Liquid Flow, and Human Blue. Eyes Of Gaia is a great release! I'll be playing more from it soon.

I don't like it that much the new chi-ad, it's chi-ad style like in 1997, the more typical acid patterns,

but there's something missing,

the dreamy/story telling concept isn't there,

don't know, maybe I'll change my mind...

• 4 weeks later...

please people support dave and buy from its shop, i did! is the only way we can assure he will go on producing and believing in his music! :) and it feels good, really.. and now with more and more flacs available it would be great!

i like the new cd, it has some good tracks! plus earth crossing has been restored to full glory from the original dat, some tracks remastered and released in its glory now :) enjoy!

please people support dave and buy from its shop, i did! is the only way we can assure he will go on producing and believing in his music! :) and it feels good, really.. and now with more and more flacs available it would be great!

i like the new cd, it has some good tracks! plus earth crossing has been restored to full glory from the original dat, some tracks remastered and released in its glory now :) enjoy!

nice

just got mine

thanks dave

would anyone of you friends of chi-ad like to help promote his music and make him a well recognised artist that he should be.

his music is awesome and i think he deserves everyone to unite and support him then maybe just maybe he would gig again so we can see him perfoem his amazing talent in person once.

would anyone of you friends of chi-ad like to help promote his music and make him a well recognised artist that he should be.

his music is awesome and i think he deserves everyone to unite and support him then maybe just maybe he would gig again so we can see him perfoem his amazing talent in person once.

Hmm he allready is well recognized, and if he wants to make live gigs and so on its all up to him to take care of, he is a grown man you know.. i dont see him promoting him self anywhere so that must mean he isnt interested in a way, and who can blame him? Im sure he has seen the good and bad sides of this scene allready ;) Its not like he is a new emerging artist or something.

Perhaps you are Dave? :o:D

I dont know if its Dave, but do check the profile and tell me what you think :D

Anyway, Dave, if you read this - ive said it many times before and ill say it once again - YOUR MUSIC ROCKS :posford: !

Hope to see you playing live somewhere some day, i will ;)!

lynn is someone very close to dave, be sure he will read the messages on this board!

and hopefully more people will support him :)

I dare to disagree, while his new album is to be re-listened, MS EP is very good in my opinion and rocks B)

Posted Image

ORLY? Really, i mean, really really, constructive and ON TOPIC post of you ;) This is not Hallucinogen thread, gtfo :lol:

For instance, can people give me more cds in the style of Ra - 9th? Good sound quality, warm, analog, soft and melodic but with power? :)

Transdimensional -- Wow the tracks have immense direction to them!! (And wonderful melodies) All the sounds come together, there's nothing just thrown in there.

Magik Universe -- Wow the power and soft atmospheric magiky universal sounds!! This was largely lacking in Transdimensional, and here the melodies aren't that epic.

Ra - 9th -- Elements of both maybe, but doesn't leave as great a mark. Still a wonderful release as we can expect from these guys!! I find the first two more remarkable though... partially because they were 8+ years ago, but I think mainly because they were more unique and unlike anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else think it's too expensive considering it's not a physical CD? The FLAC albums work out to about $15 US; major label releases are that much on physical CD, and that price pays for the materials, insert printing, distribution costs, etc.

I dont like new Chi-AD tracks, either those from new album either those from 2006 EP.

Imo it has not much to do with dave's old style. I would say its not even anymore goatrance but melodic uplifting trance.

same over here, I do experience some parts as the chi ad style considering atmosphere his release in 1997,

but only atmosphere doesn't work, it's a plus point but not a main reason to like an album imo...

Anyone else think it's too expensive considering it's not a physical CD? The FLAC albums work out to about $15 US; major label releases are that much on physical CD, and that price pays for the materials, insert printing, distribution costs, etc.

Well, the money goes to artist, thats enough for me ;) And i dont need piece of garbage plastic to ENJOY the MUSIC!

• 2 months later...