New Astral Projection album set for 2007... (!)

Jon Cocco

Here's Open Society with a bit bigger bitrate, it's only 1:50 long tho:

http://www.astral-projection.com/control/p...OpenSociety.mp3

It looks like AP are back on the right track.. at least I hope so. It sounds a bit more psy than goa but that's fine.

The Prophecy sounds goalicious :posford:

Why still samples? Did nobody look on their myspace site? You can listen to the whole Open Society track there. And that is quite old news.

http://www.myspace.com/astralprojectionavilior

And I don't understand the sudden hype ... the whole talks about a new AP album are around since long time and I'm waiting for it since more than one year already easily...

(I'm waiting already for a lot of stuff actually...)

You know what I've realised ?

Being optimistic in the scene brings more dissapointments than surprises. I choose to hate them until they prove the opposite. :D

I try this attitude in everything! Pessimism brings nice surprises, optimism just brings disappointment!!

Guest The Journey Man Project

I"ve lost so much interest in most of the Israeli scene... apart from the few awesome proggi producers and Doof records, not much get sme excited about this once holy land of trance... and there last track sounded cool but this waiting is a fucking joke... and the video my mate sent of a recent "live" act was funny as... guess it's become their standard to have a bottle of scotch on stage, dirnk and play from their iPod... farewell A.P, you should retire before your rep. becomes even more fucked up!

Why still samples? Did nobody look on their myspace site? You can listen to the whole Open Society track there. And that is quite old news.

http://www.myspace.com/astralprojectionavilior

And I don't understand the sudden hype ... the whole talks about a new AP album are around since long time and I'm waiting for it since more than one year already easily...

(I'm waiting already for a lot of stuff actually...)

Yeah I found out about that a bit lateish. Not very impressed by the track. Nevertheless I'm looking very forward to hearing this album, I've allways been an AP fan :)

Yeah I found out about that a bit lateish. Not very impressed by the track. Nevertheless I'm looking very forward to hearing this album, I've allways been an AP fan :)

I think the track is not that bad. Incomparable to their older stuff, yes ... but it could be worse.

• 3 months later...

I am almost sure it will be shitty, it´s from israel and it´s new, I prey to god it will be good but I doubt it, they surely will use the fucking fullon basslines which destroy everything. They migth have some nice melodies but with the basslines it will sound empty and bad.

I am almost sure it will be shitty, it´s from israel and it´s new, I prey to god it will be good but I doubt it, they surely will use the fucking fullon basslines which destroy everything. They migth have some nice melodies but with the basslines it will sound empty and bad.

full-on basslines have been used in goa-era too (ofc). full-on bassline just has a different production and mastering technique these days.

radi may I ask... when was the last time you went to a party and truly had a chance to experience the modern bassline to its fullest? I tell you it farking rocks in a party if you ask me.

Wouldn't it be great if this album came out and totally revolutionized the scene with an absolute storming mix of Goa Trance and Psy? So all the doubters could eat a lot of crow. With all the time they are taking, I would expect nothing less. However....

Mdk

Hello,

I saw them yesterday in London at Turnmills' club, they played 4 new tracks and these tracks : Open Society, The Prophecy, People Can Fly, Aurora Borealis Remix, Mahadeva Remix.

I love Astral since the beginnning and I also love new tracks they played in London, great melodies, great tracks, a wonderful party (there were Wizzy Noise, John'oo Flemming at this party ... and Yahel but I don't like his sounds...) !!

Skytrancer / Benoît

Hello,

I saw them yesterday in London at Turnmills' club, they played 4 new tracks and these tracks : Open Society, The Prophecy, People Can Fly, Aurora Borealis Remix, Mahadeva Remix.

I love Astral since the beginnning and I also love new tracks they played in London, great melodies, great tracks, a wonderful party (there were Wizzy Noise, John'oo Flemming at this party ... and Yahel but I don't like his sounds...) !!

Skytrancer / Benoît

How were the new tracks, did they sound like classic Astral or like killargh Astral?