PSYNEWS'S: WORST OF 2006

snowball

Well, I usually don't dislike any of my Cd's...

but 1 just stands out!

Jikkenteki was right, I should've listened!

Quadra - One Nation Under Trance.

<_<

Not at all what I expected, I don't want to throw it out or fling it off my

24th floor balcony. Maybe I can find someone, anyone who'd like to HAVE it!

:lol:

Guest Rezwalker

no no, im not interested for another one fight. u better stay on topic. and btw i have heard enough examples from the above styles and my impressions are the worse. especially for forest style there aren't any less worse project than other. this style is generally crap IMO.

Frozen Ghost - One bite

After i heard his mushroom mayhem track on a previous compilation i was really excited about this release. It has that trademark south african madness to it but too many FAR TOO MANY breaks , and just lacks conitnuity. Not even a single track worth mentioning from the album. The guy needs to do some serious rethinking.

Frozen Ghost - One bite

After i heard his mushroom mayhem track on a previous compilation i was really excited about this release. It has that trademark south african madness to it but too many FAR TOO MANY breaks , and just lacks conitnuity. Not even a single track worth mentioning from the album. The guy needs to do some serious rethinking.

Sounds like my Talpa experience.

Well, I usually don't dislike any of my Cd's...

but 1 just stands out!

Jikkenteki was right, I should've listened!

Quadra - One Nation Under Trance.

<_<

Not at all what I expected, I don't want to throw it out or fling it off my

24th floor balcony. Maybe I can find someone, anyone who'd like to HAVE it!

:lol:

I would be interested in the Quadra album. Care to trade for one of those?

v/A - World Techno Alliance (ZMA Records)

http://www.discogs.com/release/150901

Sensum - Nocturnal Transmission (ZMA Records)

http://www.discogs.com/release/487440

Psydrop - The Miracle Man

http://www.discogs.com/release/36795

Grey Area - Absolute (CD) (Psy-Harmonics)

http://www.discogs.com/release/371592

v/a - Mind Controllers Part 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/508823

Need to check at home if I have more stuff to trade if you don't want any of the above records. :)

Not really heard that much that was really terrible.

a lot was mediocre/average

so I think the worst of the year was Electric Universe - Silence in Action

if only for the track - The Bomb, worst track ever!

edit: science on that album was also very shite

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'd have to say every trance album released in 2006 (least those I heard anyway).

I vote this as one of, if not the, most immature comment ever posted... there may not have been a great amount of psytrance released, but there was helluva lot of good trance music released, and even if not the tracks, the technical skills over the last years in this scene have amazed me... the complexity of sounds and quality is huge!

Who cares about the technical skills. Thre is good and there is bad music, it's simple.

But isn't it nice when the good music sounds good? :)

& isn't it horrible when music you know ahould be good but sounds shit due to shitty technical skills? :(

But isn't it nice when the good music sounds good? :)

& isn't it horrible when music you know ahould be good but sounds shit due to shitty technical skills? :(

imo, this is a rare occasion since most albums are mastered by profesionals nowadays.

imo, this is a rare occasion since most albums are mastered by profesionals nowadays.

I think this was the journey man's argument. That the technical skills nowadays are great but some great music in the past was ruined by poor skills.

How many did you listen to?

Erm, three... I think. Yes, three. :rolleyes::lol:

I vote this as one of, if not the, most immature comment ever posted... there may not have been a great amount of psytrance released, but there was helluva lot of good trance music released, and even if not the tracks, the technical skills over the last years in this scene have amazed me... the complexity of sounds and quality is huge!

Well, thanks very much. ^_^

I think this was the journey man's argument. That the technical skills nowadays are great but some great music in the past was ruined by poor skills.

Well, if that is the case, then i disagree. Imo, the "low quality" sound of the past made those tracks what they were. I believe that if someone really wants to make a track with the "old-school feeling", he must use the equipment of that time. That's one of the reasons i believe the old days will never come back, as we knew them that is.