Loud - Some Kind Of Creativity (Drive Records @ Nov 06)

Guy Cohen

Hi All !

Loud project is release debut album - Some Kind Of Creativity - on their home label Drive Records. The names behind this project are Eitan Reiter & Kobi Toledano, both from Israel. After many successful releases on different compilations, they finally present the full uplifting album !!

The name of the album is gives a little clue about the music, so I hope you all ready to start the trip...

Posted Image

1. G-mini-click

The introduction of the first track is a psychedelic piano, which leads the track for some hallucinate places with mysterious atmosphere. The track is kind of tech-full on or something on this direction, this is not just a cheezy full on for sure. "G-mini-click" is developing smartly and gives us, the listeners, a tasty begining for the album.

2. Subinya

The second track is more groovy and danceable if you compare it to the first one. "Subinya" is a deep full on track with some strange vibes on the air..the track is not exploding on the beging, it is just built well gradually untill the bomb. All those effects around are add so much to the track's feeling by confuse the listener all the time.

3. Past progressive

Now Koby & Eitan show us their progressive steps . Be prepare people - this progy is not as usuall, this is a combination between shady progy with the deep full on. I don't know how they did it, but this guys just created a new fresh style following by elements from different types of music. "Past progressive" is full of madness moments like the up start from 04:30. Good work here.

4. Engine on

After heavy begining for this album, the fourth tune is more "open" and gentle. "Engine on" is actually a fine collection of soft beats with comfortable atmosphere. I really liked the female vocals, which turn the track for his softer side.

5. In rage

This specific track remind of the old & gold music of Cosma (RIP)...music with so much soul and emotions, so simple and enjoyalbe. All the definitions are useless in this case, lets call it just - MUSIC. "In rage" is not track with unforgettable brake or something like that, this is just a pure psychedelic tune with some serious influence on the brain...

6. Elastic mood

What a beautiful intro for this track...and the continuance even more finer. I'm look for words to explaing the readers what I'm hearing in the track, but can't do it. "Elastic mood" is track with big story beyond. The connection between all those tones is really impressive and addicted. The last three minutes are so fascinating...this is simply a delightful track !!!

7. Sun dance

Let the goove talk . Loud guys tried to return the old days, when the music was not begin with full power and keep that way all over the track...their music are bring a new message of true spirit & freedom and honest pleasure. If you want taste a goa-full on track, give a listening for "Sun dance" track.

8. 1 missed call

"1 missed call" is a funky track with some funny games and positive vibes. I did not connect immediately to this track like the tracks before, but after few listens I found it very nice one.

9. Long cut

Where the hell this track came from ?! the unclear stlye of Kobi & Eitan is just so colorful and varied, you can't expect the continuation, just suprise again and again. The kick here is flat and blurry, and all the events around force the listener to flow for unknown area..."noise with meaning" .

10. Wired

"Wired" is the track which leads this amazing trip for the end. Like the name, the music is not so clear...kind of freestlye tune of creative minds with strong dedire for more...too bad it ending already...now we must back to the regular reality .

If you ask me, this album is a revolutionary. The speical music inside is defnitely not something we hear frequently, especially not from Israely artists. Loud are stand behind their promise to produce creativity materials with personal touch.

"Some Kind Of Creativity" album is available here :

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dri/dri1cd001.html

This sound a bit like older Infected Mushroom - I guess sort of like Classical Mushroom, but without the classic elements (and obviously, not as good - but very very good none the less).

Heard these guys yesterday. The have a mix of mostly IM, but also Dark Soho style moments, even South African touches and the music is melodic as hell constanly.

I can only say that as far as I know the Psynews.org scene, most of you will say this is not mature, or "Israeli full-on crap killargh" or whatever. I think this is a great album. One of the best of the year (with Long Walk Home and Fairytale), best in its own "style".

Give it a go.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is indeed a very creative album and it's nice to hear something fresh. I can see people drawing parralles with IM's Classical but I don't really think they are all that much alike (like when someone compared Scienza Nuova with Archipelago or if it was Exploring the tributaries, my point is they are not that alike). This is great I've been kinda out of the psytrance scene and into ambient/ethnic since all release psytrance is crap. This album has kicked me back in with force.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

there almost there,

the infected influences are indeed nice,

I like the way the switch kicks and bass all the time

but then again the melodies are a bit to repetative what makes it boring once & while...

still very enjoyable for homelistening

• 5 months later...

Very innovative. There were no over the top melodies that made you catch your breath, but one thing I really enjoyed was that there was no trace of cut and paste ideas here. Just when you figure you had the track figured out, bam! it goes in another direction. Great job.

Mdk

• 9 months later...
  • 8 years later...