Pete Namlook recommendations

Goa Bill

the other tracks aren't as good as hym but I still likey!

Hey man, all your recommendations can't always be right on the money with me. Due to the sheer size of your collection , some are bound to miss the mark a bit on various people.

You're still on the plus side with good recommendations over not so good.

But wouldn't it be easier if he just made less music & concentrated on making what he did release awesome?

I'm often wondering, regarding the fact that he does release quite a lot of music (even though it's faaaaaar less than he did in the nineties), does his music sometimes really lack quality, originality, creativity? I mean if I compare some of his most recent outings, let's say "Re:sonate" with Gaudi, the recent cds with David Move D Moufang, and Virtual Vices 5 with Spyra, I tend to think they're all so diverse I don't really mind him making so much music. So therefore I wonder if he would concentrate on less would that improve anything?

He's done brilliant music in the past even when his label was literally releasing a new cd every other week.

To be fair I've never seen him as someone who goes for quantity instead of quality, not only because I think the far biggest part of his releases are of high quality, but also the fact all releases on FAX have been limited since the start in the early 90s, he can't be doing so much music for the money I reckon. :)

I do get your point though, I was thinking something like that too when I was first listening to two of the recent Move D / Namlook releases that I bought.. it kind of felt like there could be another 10 cds by them with the same kind of music. Still I think his music is of high quality and I certainly do not regret buying my FAX cds. If it weren't for the fact that ever since he's adding an additional DTS disc (which is nice) to the new releases, the cds getting a bit too expensive for moi, I would have gotten myself all new FAX releases.. ;)

It's just the way he works I guess. Seems to me a lot of his music is made in more or less spontanious sessions.... those albums are made in a couple of days or weeks maybe. He's not the kind of musician that works on an album for months or even years... that makes his music more spontanious and less detailed.

Not an album recommendation....but here is a pete namlook tribute dj mix that was done by Master Margherita (Peak Records), that i've been really enjoying....you can dld it here:

http://www.voiesensible.com/mastermargheri...butetoPN06.html

Track list :

- P.N. , A meditation in a modern philosophy

- P.N. , Subharmonic Invocation of the Dark Spirits

- P.N. & Gaudi , Nafk

- P. N. & David Moufang , The art of love

- P.N , Russian spring

- P.N. & Prochir , Apart 1

- P.N & Wolfgan Spyra , Tshoogy beatbox

- P.N. , Under heaven

- P.N. , Shmooz

- P.N. & Buran Oçal , Nerden Geliyorsun part 4

- P.N. , Urgent message

- P.N. , Nightime pleasures

- P.N. & Buran Oçal , extract from Sultan Orhan

- P.N. & Bill Laswell , Trautoniolo

- P.N. , Travelling without mooving trip 9

Not an album recommendation....but here is a pete namlook tribute dj mix that was done by Master Margherita (Peak Records), that i've been really enjoying....you can dld it here:

Track list :

- P.N. & Gaudi , Nafk

- P.N , Russian spring

- P.N. , Under heaven

- P.N. , Shmooz

- P.N. , Urgent message

Thanking you! I was want to find more of this music

Track list :

- P.N. & Gaudi , Nafk

- P.N , Russian spring

- P.N. , Under heaven

- P.N. , Shmooz

- P.N. , Urgent message

Actually this mix was the one that started my interest for Pete Namlook :rolleyes:

• 5 years later...

let's reshare this wonderfoul mix, and may he rest in peace.

http://www.mixcloud.com/mastermargherita/master-margherita-pete-namlook-tribute-mix/