Restaurant Music

abasio

I wen to a restaurant the other day in Yokohama called, ask the camel (stupid name but quite psychedelic)

Well I was tucking into my food when I suddenly heard a tune that I recognised. I knew I knew it from somewhere but I couldn't place it. When I got back home I listened to a load of music that it could have been & I could swear blind that it had been Steve Roach - Palace of Nectar I couldn't believe it while I was listening or when I found out what it was (or was damned similar too).

So here is my question...

Have you ever been to a restaurant or bar (not psy specific) where they played anything psy/goa/chill/ambient?

Most place I go play J-Poop, R&B or cRap!

(Note cRap is not Rap but the new brand of hip pop)

I went to an awesome restaurant in Cape Town, probably the most posh restaurant in the whole Cape (and most expensive, its on the Beach Front). But going back with £££ everything is cheap.

They had a guy playing live on a white grand piano, really mellow chilled out tunes. It was apsolutely the most perfect dining experience I have ever had.

They were brining knives and forks that I didnt even know the purpose of. Like 5 or 6 different sets, all with different functions. incredible. But the music there was really nice.

Wow, i remember watching the sunset over the ocean from our dinner table. incredible.

i have definetely heard something like ambient or psychill a few times. "trendy" and "chilled out" bars tend to have oriental and ethnic soundtracks (mostly very commercial compilations though) so there is a chance you will hear something good ;)

i have definetely heard something like ambient or psychill a few times. "trendy" and "chilled out" bars tend to have oriental and ethnic soundtracks (mostly very commercial compilations though) so there is a chance you will hear something good  ;)

634088[/snapback]

I have yet to hear Highko or Kindazdza at a restaurant.

i have definetely heard something like ambient or psychill a few times. "trendy" and "chilled out" bars tend to have oriental and ethnic soundtracks (mostly very commercial compilations though) so there is a chance you will hear something good  ;)

634088[/snapback]

yes, that's true

We have a bar called "Chill Out" here ... the last time I have been there (mostly it's all chock full because many people go there :P ) they had a DJ spinning slow house-ish and progressive chill music ... haven't heard psychill there, but it was very nice, I liked it a lot!

When you don't go into the "mainstream" party bars in our town (where there are too many stupid kiddies and chavs anyway) you will find that there are some of them that play quite good music - that's ranging from black metal to electronica and chill out, you just have to know where to go :)

i were in many resaurants in bulgaria, mosntly Irish ones where they played sometimes some ambient which sounded good and i liked that they played that, i listened often to ambient and stuff on resaurants in bulgaria. In my town in bulgaria there is even a club where´s techno and much oldschool psychedelic trance ALL THE time, the soundsystem is expensive and loud and the whole club is very vipish IMO, very clean and very luxurious with almost only sofas and many many cushions so it is really chilled there and even businessmen go there because they find it great there, too. Shall i show pics of that club?

i were in many resaurants in bulgaria, mosntly Irish ones where they played sometimes some ambient which sounded good and i liked that they played that, i listened often to ambient and stuff on resaurants in bulgaria. In my town in bulgaria there is even a club where´s techno and much oldschool psychedelic trance ALL THE time, the soundsystem is expensive and loud and the whole club is very vipish IMO, very clean and very luxurious with almost only sofas and many many cushions so it is really chilled there and even businessmen go there because they find it great there, too. Shall i show pics of that club?

634636[/snapback]

Yeah! Pics please.

Yeah! Pics please.

634725[/snapback]

Posted Image

The black thing is the subwoofer, a JBL subwoofer. The quality of the pic is awfuf. I was blwon away when they started to play psytrance because i don´t expect to hear oldschool psychedelic trance in clubs, they played either, psytrance or good elecronical techno, there was no house which i don´t like at all.

Yea I actually heard "Lemon Jelly"

At a Chipotle

Bought out by: McDonalds

(gotta love their french fries, while hating their farming practices (unless they've recently changed - but i doubt it) which deforest the planet )

branch on the drag (right off main campus of UT)

I was really shocked. I really was. It is only Lemon Jelly (mainstream sound) ...

But I would have been appaled if it were anymore underground.

It is after all. A Chipotle, not a psybient chill space womb.

Yea I actually heard "Lemon Jelly"

At a Chipotle

Bought out by: McDonalds

(gotta love their french fries, while hating their farming practices (unless they've recently changed - but i doubt it) which deforest the planet )

branch on the drag (right off main campus of UT)

I was really shocked. I really was. It is only Lemon Jelly (mainstream sound) ...

But I would have been appaled if it were anymore underground.

It is after all. A Chipotle, not a psybient chill space womb.

635847[/snapback]

hhmmm I wouldn't expect you eating @ McDonalds....

hhmmm I wouldn't expect you eating  @ McDonalds....

635856[/snapback]

I pick my battles...

Somtimes I need food,

FAST and CONVIENENT

and they're everywhere, and when I'm working I don't like to feel starved.

It isn't my first choice. But I enjoy it when I make it. Understand?

Chinese people love McDonalds BTW...

It's really funny how much they just LOVE it.

When you go to a Chinese McDonalds, you just feel your like the coolest.

BTW I only went to a chinese McDonlads once while in china for 5 weeks... but me and my aussie friend there were like ... OMG SOOOOOO Relived :lol::lol::lol:

and we joked about how it was just so thereputic to SCARF down that big mac while walking home from Wushu practice, getting it all messy and being a photograph symbol for all chinese folks there... (who i'm sure were deeply and profoundly inspired by it)

LOL!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

What a novlety it was.

I have a 24 hour McDonalds 5 minutes from my house. It's also on the way to my house from the station so I always have to walk past it after a night out. It's evil!!! :angry:

No decent music though. Just J-Poop!

I think McDonalds food isn't food. I always prefer pizza or kebab :)

But to the original topic, there's a pub next to my University campus, which we often go to and do some homework with my friends. Their music variety is quite big, but it's often very good. Some old/new prog/heavy rock, jazz, or some old folk rock. For example many Led Zeppelin albums and some Queens Of The Stone Age stuff. Once they played old Bob Dylan for at least three hours, that was great. And the music is not loud at all, it's in the backround so if you want to concentrate on other things you can, but if you want to listen, you can do that too.

The bar's quite popular among students, it's always full of people in the afternoon. And they usually have some less-known beer in the tap! :)

There is a pub that acts also as a nightclub sometimes (but not a trance oriented one) that has Shpngle and Celtic Cross (and even some goa stuff I think) in the playlist. It's not a restaurant, but they serve food there, so...

Really like that place <3

I have a 24 hour McDonalds 5 minutes from my house. It's also on the way to my house from the station so I always have to walk past it after a night out. It's evil!!!  :angry:

No decent music though. Just J-Poop!

636376[/snapback]

Same here... somebody burn that place down!!!11 >(

Guest The Journey Man Project

I'm wokring on opening a place in shanghai with my girlfriend... it will be 2 parts.. 1 part is a shop selling beauty products made in australia (soaps, moisturizer etc.) run by my girl... the second half is a coffeee shop run by me, with me spinning chill out, ambient, dub, tance, house whatever styles I lik at the time and lso with the wya my producition going, maybe me playing around with mylaptop with some home made unes as welll... it's a dream for now, but with the help of some investors, it may become reality in the next few years :) if it does I expect some of you to "trip" over to China to check it out...