Welcome back

mars

Hello

After this big storm yesterday evening, the server crashed and some database tables were corrupted. It took the whole night and this morning to check and fix everything.

I just restarted all, seems everything is going fine.

Enjoy !

Egg and bean.

It's not surprising since you've betrayed one of your core values.

575523[/snapback]

Well, I have a lot of "atoning" to do tonight. Gotta remember to pick up some skins though. Im out.

On another note, I am actually really looking forward to giving Oblivion another attempt. I didnt really play it last time and the performance was hindering at best. My card should arrive Friday / Sat morning. In all its glory, the game does look fantastic.

I coulnt log on this moring ....so I.....I......did some work. I know...im not proud of it...

575511[/snapback]

I'm so glad this happened in my holidays and not while I was working too...

:P

Hello

After this big storm yesterday evening, the server crashed and some database tables were corrupted. It took the whole night and this morning to check and fix everything.

Enjoy !

575491[/snapback]

Thank you my dear user go to MTV.Com and read

Hello

Enjoy !

575491[/snapback]

Its allah

How can a server get in trouble just because a storm, my computer never got in trouble because of a storm, i even just once lost the internetconnection for 30 hours because of a storm and since i have installed my ATI graphics card my pc never crashed, it even don´t crash at all in windows etc.

How can a server get in trouble just because a storm, my computer never got in trouble because of a storm, i even just once lost the internetconnection for 30 hours because of a storm and since i have installed my ATI graphics card my pc never crashed, it even don´t crash at all in windows etc.

576702[/snapback]

radi what has the graphics card got to do with a storm???

oh and the server probably went down due to electrical failure beacause of the storm. or maybe a lightning hit it :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

576702[/snapback]

Dont talk tome like that

Sankiu.

I think the computer got scared and shut itself off you wey

576702[/snapback]

Radi, I rarely tell people that they are idiots, and I am not going to do it now either, but now you know what I rarely call people, when they say stupid stuff.

A storm can bring a powerouttage, a poweouttage can bring a server down. A server shutting down while maybe writing to the disk, can lose data. Data loss can lead to a server crash.

Just ONE example on how a computer/server would crash during a storm. Furthermore, WHY do you think that you lost internet for 30 hours when there was a storm? Maybe because some server at your ISP crashed?!

And comon Radi, your gfx card can take a jump in the river, its totally irrelevant to why your pc is not crashing, youre just lucky that you installed it somewhat proper this time.

NEXT!

The Psynews server has no backup power genrator, and the machine is quite old.

Like Nemo described, little power variations can alter some components, and if the HD is writing at the moment it occurs, then the data may be corrupted.

And what does the psynews server do 99% of the time ? Write on the HD all your posts !!!