Is it possible to make psytrance using FL 6?

First of all HI.

I have been trying to make psy trance using FL Studio 6, and somehow

I'm not succesfull?! I tried to make a normal trance beat and nothing :( .

Maybe the FL 6 is not the right programme to make psytrance with?

So any help, advise or hint WILL be usefull.

Thanks for help!

--sorry for my bad English--

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you need good instruments, the ones included in FL are mostly shit or not the best for psytrance. I recommend you get some good VSTplugins like Linplug Albino or ReFX Vanguard, or z3ta+ ... they will give you some better sounds.

its now years ago i used fruity, but its possible to make good psy.

of course you need good instruments like cybernetica said.

but a trance beat and a psy bassline is no problem with the instruments included.

for drums try the 909 template, and then add samples from the library you want.

for bassline try ts404 bassline synth with a 303 preset and your allright.

and also is included simsynth and sytrus, both are ok to use for leads.

its all you need.

best thing about fruity is that there are so many tutorials.

try http://djbb.dk/floops/index.php?cat=tutorials

scroll down there are more tutorial links

Hey Toza, do you like to read man?

If so.....Read this!!

If not, find another hobby... :P

I'm giving you this link because I beliave you must understand what is those VST Instruments people talk so much. The important things like compatibly, formats, quality etc…. Enjoy

I was nosing through this forum and I've found something interesting.

Type in the search field: preview 2.

Download, hear, and then try to answer my question:

Is it possible(how) to make the type of bass that is at the begining of the song?

I've made something simmiliar in the FL6(thaks to Your tips&hints).

I think that, that instrument is from Logic Pro 7. Maybe I'm wrong,

maybe it's from some plugin or, I don't know. I could use some help.

Thanks!

Why not man? Everything on fl studio seems to be automatable, the automation envelopes are very easy to do. Not to mention that internal lfo which you can attach with any rpn/nrpn on your vst. best of all, when you want to automate something on your vst, all u have to do is just move that paramater with your mouse a bit, and from the menu select last tweaked paramater, and then u just link it to one of the internal lfo's (which u can have as many as u want) or link to your midi controller, its that easy. I personally love to link a couple of paramaters on my vst to a lfo, it can do some weird and cool fx. Another thing great about flstudio is its patterns, u can make a different melody in each pattern, or one big melody in one pattern, whatever suits you better. Well, thats my opinion neways B)

well hey there,

it is a fact that most of the plugins that come with fruity are crap....but fl studio as a sequencer is amaaazing!!!! it may not be considered that professional but u can write music much easily and faster compared to any other sequencer....imho, u should get some good vst instruments like albino, vanguard, z3ta+, vb-1, crystal, synth1, karma etc... keep browsing through the forums and u'll surely find something u may get annoyed at first but 1ce u know the basic tricks, it becomes damn easy and fun

all the best!!!!

cheers!! B):D

i use logic as my main app, but to say that the fruity plugs are crap is just not true.

the 3osc is a great synth with a ton of paramters and sounds better than a lot of the vsts out there. The ts doesnt sound that fat but is unique and so is the wasp. and the sytrus is also very nice.

The question is flawed in the first place.

All the time people ask "can i make trance with X program?"

dont limit yourself to one program, get to know various tools and how you can use them, and find your own way of doing things.

Faxi

Thanks for the advices!

I'm working on a test track right now, and searching for the plugins.

I agree that you shouldn't stick to one programme and make music only

with it.

For example:

I like FL 'cause it's "user friendly" :D and easy to learn. I've tried the Ableton

and I'm not very pleased what it offers(maybe I'm wrong).

My friend tells me to try(learn) Reason, I think it's a good programme too(probably better than FL).

On the other side:

I only saw pictures (looks pretty "user friendly" to me, but don't know if it's easy to use) of Logic (I'm crazy about it! :blink: )

and I wanna try it out, but (There's allways BUT!) I don't have Mac to run it!

Thanks again!

--Sorry for my bad English :) --

You can get the old PC version of Logic 5.5 which is the very last Logic available for PC

It’s cheap and extremely powerful.

I can safely say that for the next 5 years Logic Platinum 5 and 5.5 will be still widely used among professional musicians

It simply has it all. You can use VST on it (Version 6 and 7 doesn’t accept outboard VST), the native plug-ins are awesome and the interface is genius

I’m one of those people that finds Logic not only the best, but the easiest sequencer of them all. After meeting Logic, I concluded that FL (my previous sequencer) is actually the hardest of them all.

Obviously, I have not tried every single sequencer, but I discovered how fruity is limited on certain actions and functions.

I’m not talking about the quality of the native plug-ins and the “sound” it makes. I’m simply talking about as a “sequencer” purely.

the most useful pluggin i found in fl studio is TS-404 i still use it too much in my tracks bcos its efficient to provde fillings n wont eat cpu almost at all. the next song im going to post here has most of it sounds from that simple crap TS-404 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Makeing good music has nothing to do with the Host that you use, its all in the VSTi's that you use, and they work for all hosts [that support vsti that is]

who do people ask this all the time? "can i make good music with reason, can i make good music with FLS6"..well' i'm sorry to tell you, but those programs don't make anything, they just host instruments in diffrent ways, which, for the most part, has nothing to do with sound, the only real diffrence is, FLS6 uses the CPU whilst reason uses the sound card in most cases, but one can produce the exact same sound on both

that's like saying can i borwser the internet good with MAc?...when you can browser the itnernet good with mac, windows, and linux, it doesn't matter what host you use, you can still borwser with all the same features on all the hosts