Is it possible to make psytrance using FL 6?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering, how do they make good KICKs?

Is it from some plugin or is it just to sequencer they use?

Anyone help? :)

Thanks in advance!

632958[/snapback]

r u laughing at others by asking this stupid question which u know the anwer already :angry: if i tell iam making kicks using a sequencer called fruity loops u should believe :P

r u laughing at others by asking this stupid question which u know the anwer already  if i tell iam making kicks using a sequencer called fruity loops u should believe

No I'm not laughing! I meant something else as a sequencer, not fruity!!!! :D

I dunno. Maybe Reason, Ableton, but I dont know how to make it in those progs. :(

633426[/snapback]

ok i got wat ur trying to say. u were talkin abot da buildin synths comes with reason n ableton. cant use them to make kick. vsts r da best

I am suprise people still think the sequencer has aanything to do with the sound itself.

THe sound coems from your vsti's, vstis can be used in most sequencers, your sequencer is only as good as your vstis and samples. with the right vstis and samples you could make leet psytrance with soundtrecorder if you wanted. [[[[[[stand alone vstis, most come qith sequncers anyways]

I was wondering, how do they make good KICKs?

Is it from some plugin or is it just to sequencer they use?

Anyone help? :)

Thanks in advance!

632958[/snapback]

Most people use samples for kicks, either self-made or from other sources. Isratrance's music production forum has links somewhere to a collection of shared kicks various people there made that will give you damn near more kicks than you'd ever need (check the mother of all kicks thread). Making your own kicks by various means is a good idea, if only to get your head around some of the ways to do it (ex: search for Infected Mushroom's kick tutorial on their site), however a lot of the artists I've talked to seem to eventually reach a point there they have so many kicks that it becomes a matter of just finding the right one and layering, pitch adjusting, eq'ing and compressing it to perfection rather than making new ones (for example, I have about 800 kicks on my hard drive now. Chances are the kick or the elements for the kick I need are probably already there somewhere....)

Ah the hell with it. This zip is from the above mentioned sharing project. Since it was a publicly shared thing there I can't see anyone complaining about it being hosted here for a bit. Most of the kicks are from there but a few other samples and stuff seem to have floated into the folder over time as well (Such as the free samples Nano Records had on their site).

http://www.par-2.com/choons/Kick.zip