The new Hallucinogen remix is so full-on

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity. :(

The Hallucinogen sound is still there, it is just simplified and fluffed up to the point where it is nearly indistinguishable from other full-on tracks. This is quite a shame, but it was an eventuallity; no top-name goa-psytrance artists can resist the scourge that is that bouncy, fluffy, cheesy, soulless full-on bassline that turns everything it touches into bland crud.

Although, was it really necessary for Simon to do this, considering that he is such a star that any music he creates will be bought by the masses, raking in the same profits, regardless if it is full-on or not? :unsure:

What makes you think that Simon wouldn't go Full On? Everybody does why not him?

415239[/snapback]

exactly ;)

why isn't he relesing a new hallucinogen? because it would probably sound like full on and everyone that holds him on a pedestal would loose its membership to the twisted fan club... and that would be bad for publicity... otherwise why not make new music??

You know what we should do?

We should send this topic and its replies to the man, c'mon, himself with the gaylord's "do you write c'mon shmoon to moom?"-topic.

That should do the trick that the postfraud dude would open his Is.

this ain't full-on, it's just morning sound. anyway, i'll reserve my judgement until he comes out with something original instead of a remix. His track with Eat Static as Metal Sharon was one of the top 3 tracks of last year, so I've got hope.

Guest Elysium

You know what we should do?

We should send this topic and its replies to the man, c'mon, himself with the gaylord's "do you write c'mon shmoon to moom?"-topic.

That should do the trick that the postfraud dude would open his Is.

415251[/snapback]

Even though I do not like most fullon (heck who am i kidding? - i dont like any of it) and wont even listen to this i think you should let him do what he like to do without voicing your opinion to him. There's no need for anyone to tell him or any artist how he/they should make their music. I have said it many times. If you do not like the music dont listent to it, buy it or download it.

When that is said I am not surprised that he goes fullon. After all he must need the money bad after a low sale of 100000+ CD sales (all releases).

Heck Sandman is also back and his new music is also kilarghhhhhh.

Thank god I finally left this kilarghhh scene :blink:

Guest Elysium

this isn´t the fullon bassline, it sounds more like a techno bassline than a fullonbassline, the same is with the kick, this isn´t fullon, this is great classic hallucinogen style

415265[/snapback]

the expert has spoken

this isn´t the fullon bassline, it sounds more like a techno bassline than a fullonbassline, the same is with the kick, this isn´t fullon, this is great classic hallucinogen style

415265[/snapback]

lol

This isn't remotely close to what you call "great classic hallucinogen style". But I don't know, perhaps it's just me who think that? ;)

lol

This isn't remotely close to what you call "great classic hallucinogen style". But I don't know, perhaps it's just me who think that?  ;)

415269[/snapback]

why? except the bassline and the kick all hallucinogen elements and melodies that put my in the wild west (much hallucinogen tracks put me virtual in a dry landscape with mountains but dry and it looks like hot wild west, for example the last minutes of gama goblins part 2) are there. Okay i must agree that the kick is realy awful but it don´t sound much like fullon. anyway what happens with this server, all what i do here in psynews goes very slow now but nothing else so it is the server, cut someone like a mod inform the administrator?

So Cinos is gonna leave us?! :D

Anyways, this track is fucking good. I cant wait to hear the full thing. Like I have said so many times before... Within EACH genre, there are goods and bads, this is a gooden ;) I mean comon people, tell me what you find so bad about this track, is it the bassline?! Is it the drums? Is it the synthlines? The twisted sounds? It has elements that are SOOOOO hallucinogen....

Enough said, hope this track brings some good to the scene ;)

Call off the battleships. It sounds aight. Cept for the annoying guitar sound.

415278[/snapback]

I was just about to say the same, but I havent heard the original actually. Are the guitars from the original track?

Guest Elysium

I am sorry but I heard the sample and to me it's just yet another going back to what's been done over and over again since 1996 and forward. Yes it's not fullon per se even though it's fast (slow down man).

The sounds are sounds I have heard over and over again for a decade now. Sorry folks. Open up your ears. What's new about this? NADA, nothing, niende. I would think that an artist with Simons talent would be able to come up with at least a few new sounds instead of re-using what he's been using for years. The same typical UK twisted sounds. I wonder if the UK artists have a joined sound library they all use over and over again? New sounds guys and new fresh ideas. That's the way forward. Not yet another 1996 track please. It might sound new and fresh to the people that joined in 2000 but you cant fool us oldies who have heard it all before ;)

Ok my rant. I am sure I am doomed now :ph34r:

:)

So i will follow my own advice. I wont buy it :)

Edited by Elysium

god people is just a remix is just a track, is just an artist

repeat after me, hallucinogen is human... :rolleyes:

why does everyone expect the world to come crumbling down after he releases a track?

it's been 11 years since 1995, we all lovee the lone deranger, is time to move on... get yourself some new music please :lol:

god people is just a remix is just a track, is just an artist

repeat after me, hallucinogen is human...  :rolleyes:

why does everyone expect the world to come crumbling down after he releases a track?

it's been 11 years since 1995, we all lovee the lone deranger, is time to move on... get yourself some new music please  :lol:

415284[/snapback]

But But But

What makes you think that Simon wouldn't go Full On? Everybody does why not him?

415239[/snapback]

exactly ;)

why isn't he relesing a new hallucinogen? because it would probably sound like full on and everyone that holds him on a pedestal would loose its membership to the twisted fan club... and that would be bad for publicity... otherwise why not make new music??

415242[/snapback]

Even though I do not like most fullon (heck who am i kidding? - i dont like any of it) and wont even listen to this i think you should let him do what he like to do without voicing your opinion to him. There's no need for anyone to tell him or any artist how he/they should make their music. I have said it many times. If you do not like the music dont listent to it, buy it or download it.

When that is said I am not surprised that he goes fullon. After all he must need the money bad after a low sale of 100000+ CD sales (all releases).

Heck Sandman is also back and his new music is also kilarghhhhhh.

Thank god I finally left this kilarghhh scene    :blink:

415264[/snapback]

word.

415265[/snapback]

:rolleyes:

I like it! Go Simon GOOOOOO!  :rolleyes:

415266[/snapback]

:D

the expert has spoken

415267[/snapback]

:lol:;)

why? except the bassline and the kick all hallucinogen elements and melodies that put my in the wild west (much hallucinogen tracks put me virtual in a dry landscape with mountains but dry and it looks like hot wild west, for example the last minutes of gama goblins part 2) are there. Okay i must agree that the kick is realy awful but it don´t sound much like fullon. anyway what happens with this server, all what i do here in psynews goes very slow now but nothing else so it is the server, cut someone like a mod inform the administrator?

415272[/snapback]

beware of a wet dreams :ph34r::ph34r: ! beware of a wet dreams :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: !

:P

I've heard the whole track, and basically Kristian is right - there's nothing new here. Not straight out bad, but Simon can do much better than this. I think the track sounds very full-on-ish at the beginning, but it gets better eventually. But as said, a little lower tempo would've been nice.