Trance good for children?

Guest djnemo

Nicolas loves it, i know that for a fact. I just made a little test with The Overlords - Gods Eye on Goa (Ticon remix) while he was sleeping. He woke up first, but fell asleep with a smile on his face again in an instant. I tried vernons wonderland as well, and that had the same effect :)

I have tried other trance on him while awake, and he really seems to be calm while listening to it.

Another thing that he seems to be liking a lot is Dub and Chillout dub. (Linton Kwesi, OTT and so on I mean) :)

He DOES NOT LIKE IM! (and thats not a lie). Well, old IM he seemed to have no problem with. He didnt like Very hard dark psychedelic music either. Tried Penta on him and that resulted with a 30 minutes crying attack!

My mother used to play old rock stuff from the 60ies and 70ies to me when I was a baby (well, trance didn't exist back then), I think it had a good impact on me! I think it's a good thing to show the magic of music to small children/babies. When they grow up with music (no matter what style) they appreciate music also as grown ups.

Thats so cute :D

They do say its healthy to play music to babies. Even in the womb...

A teacher at my dance school has a little girl of 2 and she's a brilliant little dancer always has been. Its because even when her mum was fully pregnant she'd be teaching classes and dancing about and the music and the tap shoes stimulated the baby(-Jazmine)

Even when she was very first born she would look all around when the music came on - the music she'd been listening to in the womb, every week for 9 months. And as she got older she'd stop and stare when she saw the tapping... she loves it. :)

She stands at the back of the bigger girls classes now and she tries to copy what they do.... It's funny as hell and everyone just ends up watching her :D She's really quite good actually - completely out of time of course but gets all the steps in.. :)

My mother used to play old rock stuff from the 60ies and 70ies to me when I was a baby (well, trance didn't exist back then), I think it had a good impact on me! I think it's a good thing to show the magic of music to small children/babies. When they grow up with music (no matter what style) they appreciate music also as grown ups.

405427[/snapback]

Don't you think that playing this music is like saying "Hello! Do you know that drugs are actually good for you?" =)

60/70 -› 90/00 -› 20/30 (the third psychedelic revolution?) :)

Don't you think that playing this music is like saying "Hello! Do you know that drugs are actually good for you?" =)

60/70 -› 90/00 -› 20/30 (the third psychedelic revolution?) :)

405439[/snapback]

I'm not sure if you are kidding but no, I don't think that at all. Even in the psy scene are people that have never touched drugs so you don't have to take drugs to get the music. Besides that, there are drugs connected to every style of music so if you actually think that then you can't play any music at all to your child.

I dont think so. Music has nothing to do with drugs...........Well ok it does but it doesnt have to be.

Music can be appreciated fully without drugs. In different ways. I dance. My appreciation of good music is to dance to it. It celebrates the music without drugs. (i mean proper dancing not the "Everyone with the little smiley pills put your arms in the air now!"type dancing)

I've seen more then one little guy/girl dance to progressive in our living room this year, so they do like it! Then again they also like their own "Kiddy-music" no?

I do think it's a good thing to expose your child to wide musical influences, but beware...! One day he's gonna want to rebel against his parents & if you guys happen to be cool ppl he might end up a nerd just to be different :D :D

No seriously; I often think about that...

Of course its good!!!

Take this baby for exemple : he shows no respect to his family and always act like a jerk

Posted Image

"Hey you stupid parent, move your fat ass and bring me my cd-player"he says.

You obey and go get it, but you trick him by removing his gangsta-rap cd and put a trance cd instead (some goatrance preferably).

Posted Image He soon get into the rythmn and before he realize what's going on he start to dance like nobody's watching.Posted Image

After such an experience, your baby is transformed completely. He's the happiest baby in the world, always smiling and spreading love around him : a true hippy!

Posted Image

That's it : trance saved your baby!!!! Hurrah!!!!!!

He didnt like Very hard dark psychedelic music either. Tried Penta on him and that resulted with a 30 minutes crying attack!

405424[/snapback]

Try playing that Mistress of Evil comp DP just reviewd to him :P Nicolas will become killlarggghhhh!!!

About kids dancing to musiuc, about 1 or two years thisa really cute littl blond girl with a shiny white dress was sitting with her parents on a big blanket in some distance to the dancfloor at a festival (her parents were not fuck-upds, they wer sober and very responsible). She was dancing the whole time like a little Goa Fairy :wub: And she always wanted to dance in the middle of the floor, but her parents wouldnt let her, or only take her along for very short excursions. She was sooooo cute!!!

Guest Elysium

perhaps one day he will become producer, and who knows what goodies will he bring to the scene  B) !

405425[/snapback]

no no please... we all know how that goes :blink:

John Phantasm who's a very nice guy produced a son ... GingerBoy who make FOB'aaaaaaaaaaaa music.

Do I need to say more? :huh:

Mate keep your son away!!! :P

Oh and btw its:

Posted Image

and it's my old Avatar so hands off! :angry:

:D

no no please... we all know how that goes  :blink:

John Phantasm who's a very nice guy produced a son ... GingerBoy who make FOB'aaaaaaaaaaaa music.

Do I need to say more?  :huh:

Mate keep your son away!!!    :P

Oh and btw its:

Posted Image

and it's my old Avatar so hands off!  :angry:

:D

405521[/snapback]

Hey hey, we are talking about Nicolas Nemo JR, he will be a producer of course! AND he will produce the finest psychedelic music (for whatever is psychedelic when hes "grown" up). I have already decided that he is going to get lessons in all instruments known to man, so he can chose what he likes most.

Of course, im gonna put him into various sports as well... like soccer and so on.

But anyways, in the end he will chose what he wants to become, but if hes smart, he becomes a producer!!!!! ;)

Nah, but i hope that he will play an instrument or 2, that would be great. But if he choses to be a doctor in nuclear science, i dont object either. Or if he wants to be a bum, I wont have a saying anyways!

I can ONLY TRY to put him in a direction, what he does with it, is up to him. Well, my father tried to force me to do many things, like becoming this and that... he wanted me to be into computers and I refused....

guess what, im now working with computers ;) anyways blah blah blah :) We will see what happens with young master Nicolas :)

Nicolas loves it, i know that for a fact. I just made a little test with The Overlords - Gods Eye on Goa (Ticon remix) while he was sleeping. He woke up first, but fell asleep with a smile on his face again in an instant. I tried vernons wonderland as well, and that had the same effect :)

I have tried other trance on him while awake, and he really seems to be calm while listening to it.

Another thing that he seems to be liking a lot is Dub and Chillout dub. (Linton Kwesi, OTT and so on I mean) :)

He DOES NOT LIKE IM! (and thats not a lie). Well, old IM he seemed to have no problem with. He didnt like Very hard dark psychedelic music either. Tried Penta on him and that resulted with a 30 minutes crying attack!

405424[/snapback]

hehe sounds cool man but easy with the volume.........but im sure you know about that..... ;)

the more you expect, the more you'll be disappointed, actually :)

i was just thinking, maybe babies like trance because it resembles the heartbeat of their mom, something they associate with a save place, her belly? just a thought

405575[/snapback]

Thats a VERY good thought, I like that. Maybe that is why a lot of people like 4/4 beats more than other types of beats? :)

Yeah I do ;)

405582[/snapback]

Okay, I hate to tell you this mr. nemo, your kid is going to grow up loving the backstreet boys, n`sync, and boyz ii men man. i'm sorry. :( i know my lil' man is going to be the same way. what did our parents like? what do we like now? look at our influences, how we rebel in our own way, unwillingly but we just go the opposite way. just wait, really. you just wait. poor kid! he's going to think psytrance is pussy music and that dad's a big puss :)

aaron (i feel like i'm in the boat i just described, but my lil' one loves old dark psy, sandman, darshan, etc -- i never tried infected mushroom, and i wouldn't want to hurt his ears, as well as mine anyways :))

Okay, I hate to tell you this mr. nemo, your kid is going to grow up loving the backstreet boys, n`sync, and boyz ii men man.  i'm sorry. :(  i know my lil' man is going to be the same way.  what did our parents like?  what do we like now?  look at our influences, how we rebel in our own way, unwillingly but we just go the opposite way.  just wait, really.  you just wait.  poor kid!  he's going to think psytrance is pussy music and that dad's a big puss :)

aaron (i feel like i'm in the boat i just  described, but my lil' one loves old dark psy, sandman, darshan, etc -- i never tried infected mushroom, and i wouldn't want to hurt his ears, as well as mine anyways :))

405587[/snapback]

hes gonna be Antichrist I TELL YA!

:)

Okay, I hate to tell you this mr. nemo, your kid is going to grow up loving the backstreet boys, n`sync, and boyz ii men man.  i'm sorry. :(  i know my lil' man is going to be the same way.  what did our parents like?  what do we like now?  look at our influences, how we rebel in our own way, unwillingly but we just go the opposite way.  just wait, really.  you just wait.  poor kid!  he's going to think psytrance is pussy music and that dad's a big puss :)

aaron (i feel like i'm in the boat i just  described, but my lil' one loves old dark psy, sandman, darshan, etc -- i never tried infected mushroom, and i wouldn't want to hurt his ears, as well as mine anyways :))

405587[/snapback]

Actually, my musical taste is pretty much the same as my parents :) And im not saying this because im trying to deny anything hehehe.

My parents favourite bands were:

Pink Floyd

The Doors

Kraftwerk

Linton Kwesi

Bob Marley

The Beatles

Rolling Stones

Later on my mother listened to:

Joy Division / New Order

Annie Lennox / Eurythmix

Yazoo

Depeche Mode

Front 242

etc etc

Today I love all the above, and I think it is THIS music that has made me love Trance music.

I listen to all this music at home, and he loves all that music. He can sleep when we play it, and thats a big plus

I never rebelled with any music, my parents pretty much liked every much what I liked back then. They had a LITTLE BIT of problems with Skinny Puppy, but it didnt disturb them

I was not a rebel, because my parents didnt MAKE ME listen to their music, they pretty much inspired me to have my own taste.

It can of course be diffrent with my child, but as I said, I will never force him to listen to certain music, but as long as he doesnt really have a choice, he will have to listen to what we like in this house :)

Anyways, so you get a picture of all the music that we listen to here is:

Chillout/Ambient

Dub

Reggae

Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Music (Trance etc)

Flamenco

Bossa Nova

and much much more.....

Gives him a lot of good music to chose from, dont you think?! :)

Actually, my musical taste is pretty much the same as my parents :) And im not saying this because im trying to deny anything hehehe.

My parents favourite bands were:

Pink Floyd

The Doors

Kraftwerk

Linton Kwesi

Bob Marley

The Beatles

Rolling Stones

Later on my mother listened to:

Joy Division / New Order

Annie Lennox / Eurythmix

Yazoo

Depeche Mode

Front 242

etc etc

Today I love all the above, and I think it is THIS music that has made me love Trance music.

I listen to all this music at home, and he loves all that music. He can sleep when we play it, and thats a big plus

I never rebelled with any music, my parents pretty much liked every much what I liked back then. They had a LITTLE BIT of problems with Skinny Puppy, but it didnt disturb them

I was not a rebel, because my parents didnt MAKE ME listen to their music, they pretty much inspired me to have my own taste.

It can of course be diffrent with my child, but as I said, I will never force him to listen to certain music, but as long as he doesnt really have a choice, he will have to listen to what we like in this house :)

Anyways, so you get a picture of all the music that we listen to here is:

Chillout/Ambient

Dub

Reggae

Psychedelic Rock

Electronic Music (Trance etc)

Flamenco

Bossa Nova

and much much more.....

Gives him a lot of good music to chose from, dont you think?! :)

405595[/snapback]

Nemo =]

I know, I am just kidding. I often hear that from people around me and my lil' dude. I just say you know what, when he's old enough just remember, his record collection will and is already larger than your's :-P so he already has his future-ego to build on :)

Anyways, psyrock is fun stuff. I wish I knew many other good psyrock bands. Perhaps you Nemo could direct me. I've recently started going after older, 60's, record albums. So, if you know of anything good in that area, I'd appreciate a follow up.

Anyways, tell lil' nemo what's up. :> I hope all is well for him and the family. I hope he's not changing dad's diaper yet :-D

Aaron