RAH

Ghreg on Earth - Sigilweaver (Wirikuta/MoE)

Drosophila    96

I love this album! Of the "darker" artist's releases in 2005, this is my favorit together with Derango - Tumult... And I really dig that Industrial influence that effects the whole album, really nice and not so often heard!!! Frikking nice!

One thing is... that "crunchy" breakdown he uses might be a bit overused, almost every track has it a few times... Its really is one of the defining aspects of Ghreg On Earth's sound, but just used very much during the whole extend of the album.... :unsure: just a small thing really!

Its brilliant stuff! ;)

The almost hidden melodies around in the tracks just gives me goosebumps! Mind-teaser! :D

Together with Quasar - One day the best release to leave the Mistress Of Evil den (even though its released by Wirikuta) ;)

postunder    6

this is one of my fav psytrance albums and artists

:ph34r:

Sawfly    2

Dark psytrance just the way it should be.

Trance2MoveU    348

I'm a Johnny come lately to this album, as I am nervous about jumping into darkpsy with the cliche bassline and random weirdness along with lack of melodies. SA psytrance is usually about as dark as I go. For me the intros were the best part. Very deep and eerie, providing a very dark and scary vibe. It would be awesome if he did a Dark Ambient album. Like all have said before, it falls into the trap that a lot of darkpsy does: lack of variation. Nonetheless, because he furnishes breaks in his tracks I believe it is more accessible than the relentless pound you in the skull scary music.

So for me, it is not bad for a DarkPsy album. Good work.

Mdk

qa2pir    7

This is such an album that I can easily see being perceived as the very fabric of space-time if played under the influence of a psychedelic.

The mastering sucks completely though. Either that or this guy doesn't have a clue about mixing. The bass is just too quiet and the intros are very loud. Makes no sense.

Manuser    232

Atmospheric evil dark psytrance at its best, an album that grows on you. Recommended (especially for home listening!).

Favourite tracks: #3 The Invisible College, #6 Hex Vex Elixir.