The most awesomest remix!

GaySatanicHippie

After all this talk about shitty remixes, I wanna give honourable mention to quite possibly the best remix of non electronic music around. Im talking about the James Holden remix of Britney Spears "Breathe on Me". Thats how a remix should be done, not just a bassline and kick underneath the song, but a complete restructuring thats incorporating the key elements of the original song and showing them in a whole new light. In this case the result is an ethereal "otherworldy" track that makes Britney seem like an alien from outer space whose voice glimmers through the fabric of constantly changing and evolving soundscapes. The track is not released, but you can download it in all the well known places. You should really check it out, its quite something.

Other remixes I consider good, are Haldliums Pink Floyd Remix, and when I heard Haldolium play live thE last time they played a remix of BlaCK eYED pEAS that was really dark, twisted and awesome.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah fully agree.

Ok, but some yerars ago I let one of my Pink Floyd-loving-friends listen to "One of these days" & he didn't even recognise it :P

Too bad they don't play that one live anymore :( one of my all time fav's.

good rmx'es: euh, "Summer of Love" by Lani is the first thing that comes to mind & the Apoptygma Brezerk rmx of Front242's "Headhunter".

But then again, I really like both originals too

Slinky Wizard - Licence To Slink (James 007 Bond theme)

That's the best psytrance reimix I ever heard, and it was on the first goa-cd I bought...

341825[/snapback]

hell yeah!!!! I remember that one, I have it on vynil, glad you made me remember, gonna listen to it at home!! A whole lot better than Mobys shitty James Bond mix.

Acid for Nothing. It's in the spirit of the original, except better. (better = more electronic) Adds some energy into it.

341835[/snapback]

theres actually alot better remix out there for money for nothing, not by 1200 mics. It was played at festivals like crazy in 2003, and I put in a lot of effort to find it, but apparently it was some white label Vynil only bootleg, and I couldnt ind it online either.

It kicks acid for nothings ( which is a completey atrocity imHO) ass by a million times.

I like remixes that are done within the scene the most.

psyartist remixing a psyartist. Like ambient songs transformed into dancesongs.

Best one i heard is Fractal gliders remix of etnica-triptonite

I never heard a good remix of a popsong imo, The original is always better. A good remix makes a good song better.

theres actually alot better remix out there for money for nothing, not by 1200 mics. It was played at festivals like crazy in 2003, and I put in a lot of effort to find it, but apparently it was some white label Vynil only bootleg, and I couldnt ind it online either.

It kicks acid for nothings ( which is a completey atrocity imHO) ass by a million times.

341842[/snapback]

true I heard that too on a festival... It was more a progressive rmx...

I see... Must be on Airborn then...  :)

341917[/snapback]

thats it , exactly. That "Now I have a plane to catch" track rocks as well, as far as i can remember. im gonna go hunting for it this evening.

and rain, yes it was a very progressive remix, more prog.house than prog. trance, d-nox played it all the time

"makes Britney seem like an alien from outer space whose voice glimmers through the fabric of constantly changing and evolving soundscapes."

Now that sounds cool. Too bad most psy-remixes pale in comparison to the original. Or perhaps it's not too bad?

One of the lamest things about regular clubtrance is how every... EVERY... track on every... EVERY.... cd is remixed by some lamo. It's almost as if the music is so uninspired to begin with that it takes a few other people to add some life to it and mix it with at least 2 other songs before enough shit is going on to make it worth listening to. What does that say about the 'artist' who made the original?

One of the lamest things about regular clubtrance is how every... EVERY... track on every... EVERY.... cd is remixed by some lamo.

342691[/snapback]

Not quite, at least not on artist albums.

Everything But The Girl - Missing (Tod Terry Remix)

Sneaker Pimps - Spin Spin Sugar (Armand Van Helden Remix)

BBE - 7 Days 1 Week (Rollo and Sister Bliss Remix)

Donna Summer - I Feel Love (Rollo and Sister Bliss Remix)

Hallucinogen in Dub (OTT remixes)

No psy remixes here cause they are usually sucky. Sorry guys, replacing a kick drum and a bassline is not a remix.

The only ones i could mention are older GMS remixes. Like the Reload remix which is a pure dancefloor bomb.

Hey amigo,

if you wanna play thàt game:

Sugar is Sweater - CJ Bolland (Armand van Helden's Speed Garage RMX)

Anyone remembers Speed Garage btw?

Always up for trading some cd's :P

I'd love to see what a track like "Doubble 99 - Ripgroove" or "187 Lockdown - Gunman" would do to a dancefloor on a psy-party... :ph34r::ph34r:

Maybe look for one of those on Soulseek, kiddies ;)