What kind of music you'd produce ?

seraph

Beside Psychedelic Goa trance I would certainly make Ambient and Downtempo music which is what I expect from all of you, but I asked this question if there is anyone that might be interested in making something else beside this music we are listening.

I would like to also add some classical or ethnic arrangements in my ambient music and won't make specific style but rather freestyle, it's much more diverse and variable. ;)

I have to say that I was surprised when I heard that Lost buddha is into hip hop and making hip hop... :huh: First finish Lost Buddha album, then think about releasing other genres...;)

Guest The Journey Man Project

Definitely industrial stlye, best example Frontline Assembly and their many side projects. Have been playing with this style at home, find it very emtional, often after something really sad happens to me or I see a sad movie or read a sad book, often to do with WWII and the US Middle East Invasion (political music with samples etc.)

Hard drum n bass like Usual Suspects and their Renegade Hardware and Barcodes labels. (www.tovmusic.com)

I used to play guitar in a metal band , I was heading the direction of Fear Factory with synths a dn the who clean vocals thing but it wasn't where the band was going, so I left and fell into electronic music. Would love to play synths for a metal band tho...

Ambient, beatless for summer days. I also like to write dub and chill out for my girlfriend, have a stash of songs for her, but none for publice listening, not even she hears them yet, compiling them over the years for a special moment...

I'm keen on abusing the Orkestra library in Reason. To create some sort of movie/tv sound track.

I make some industrial noise/power noise type music, thats not all to my taste, but I have many friends in the goth/cyber goth scene that enjoy it.

I have to say that I was surprised when I heard that Lost buddha is into hip hop and making hip hop... :huh: First finish Lost Buddha album, then think about releasing other genres...;)

329124[/snapback]

well i hope he's doing the hip hop under a different scene name lol.

probably psytrane or progressive trance.

i'd probably be backing vocals in a rock band though hahaha.

I would make morning full-on, maybe melodic progressive, regular trance and of course goa! I don't think I will ever come to produce something since I neither have the gear nor any time to invest in making tracks.

I produce all kinds of music but i can't really label it.

Everything i ever produced(music, art, movies, books) is seriously twisted or different.

I can't help myself.

I'm a hate it or love it-artist .

I never did any school so the only base i have is what i learned myself.

I try to make regular music, but i can't

I try to make regular movies, but i can't either...

I try to make regular art but i can't :(

Actually my techniques in all areas are so limited that i base my creativity on tricks.

If i would try to make hip hop i would end up makin something like psychedelic hardcore-rave-breakdrill&bass-ambient. But i don't care, don't have any ambitions for a market-product & Fun rules good creativity.

I make many kinds of music, from folk to oldskool rave.

Most of it suck. Some of it less so.

Nonetheless my favourite genres of music to make are:

-IDM cos I can get away with whatever I want

-Videogame music & other soundtracks cos it's so much fun to make

-Folktronic ala the beta band

-Any other genre you don't find enough of in record shops

black metal.

329291[/snapback]

You ? :huh: I would never guessed...Maybe that bald head is tricking me...;)

i like music that's utterly insane and twisted the most, but for some reason i always end up making proggy tunes, with few layers (yet melodic though)

329350[/snapback]

Hah, I see what you mean, it is different when you decide to make and have little guy in your head reminding you about 2005 and how it is obnoxious to make maximal music these days...I think that everyone should exactly make what they feel like, and not doing what others expect. :)

...I think that everyone should exactly make what they feel like, and not doing what others expect. :)

329353[/snapback]

amen to that. Alot of artist aim to the market too much. And alot of good music is never released jsut because it's too special or not mixable. that's one of the bad points of electronic DJ music, it always evolves to standardisation.

Hah, I see what you mean, it is different when you decide to make and have little guy in your head reminding you about 2005 and how it is obnoxious to make maximal music these days...I think that everyone should exactly make what they feel like, and not doing what others expect. :)

329353[/snapback]

i think it's rather due to lazyness, less layers = less work :P

All sorts of random musical emanations come from my sound wrangling devices :blink: . I generally make psy-trance with folk or classical influences, but have been known to do hip-hop, or D+B (Bukem style).

If I could get a band together, I'd do neo-classical power metal (e.g. Sonata Arctica :huh: ), or atmospheric metal (e.g. The Gathering).

By the way, this is my first post, so a big EASY! to everyone.... :D