The German Gang

Stalker

I had been listening the projects from Germany for quite a while, and i still find that most of the interesting stuff released nowdays comes from there.

I find the germans great in production. From the new stuff we have the new Midi Miliz album wich is very good, althou i expected more from them, but is still way better them the avarege

Also Spirallianz relesead the best song this year imo.

I am talking about Magnituded, out on V.A Complexty.

This track is amazing, one of the best track from Spirallianz, and i am a great fan of Steropark and Blast food, yet this track surprised me. They got even better now

And for the olders one, well, there is obvioulsy the two albums from Spirallianz and Midi Miliz.

The fisrt three albums from X-Dream is also genius,

Nerve released imo the best deep psytrance with his No fokus album.

M.O.S has absulute two classics. One of the best Minimal acts out there

The Delta does not need even words, they have made history

Authentik had also made a stunning album

and the list goes on....

So you can see that i am a minimal fan heh? And the best Minimal you can find comes from german. I find their music beyond those Minimal limitations, is just good music everywhere

So what do you think about the psytrance that comes from Germany?

are you also a fan, or you dont like it?

and there are any news from those artists? or good new german acts?

Yup, we Germans rule at Minimal Psy and Psy-Tekk =)

Minimal is not too much my style (except M.O.S. who just rule), but I love Psy-tekk, and to say this subgenre is dominated by german artists (The Delta, midimiliz ... ) is almost an understatement. Probably there wouldnt be any Psy-tekk without the influences of German artists. I suppose this dark, deep, techy, industrial-influenced sound is a German trademark :)

By the way, I made a Psytekk mix consisting mostly of German classics: http://www.cybernetika.de/mixed_by_cyberne..._cryogenics.mp3 ... not the best but if you like this style, give it a listen ;)

Thats right, Psy-tekk is all about Germany.

By the way, I made a Psytekk mix consisting mostly of German classics: http://www.cybernetika.de/mixed_by_cyberne..._cryogenics.mp3 ... not the best but if you like this style, give it a listen ;)

305532[/snapback]

Oh and thanks for that mix, it sure sounds interesting, i am dowloading right now :)

I like german artists a lot, and not only psy tekk ones but those early ones too and melodic ones.

They practically invented this genre that we call electronic music nowadays and in trance they were playing and experimenting the most. My fave German names and acts :

Oliver Lieb - The best of the best one. This prominent, experimenting melodic german artist is still among my favourite ones from germany. His most famous projects are : LSG, SPICELAB, THE AMBUSH...Great artist !

Boris Blenn - He is my number one psychedelic artists from germany. Known under different aliases : ELECTRIC UNIVERSE, JUPITER 8000, PARADISE CONNECTION...He is great !

Tim Schuldt - Another creative, hypnotic man from germany. He was making incredible music before with his projects TIM SCHULDT, TALKING SOULS, USHUAYA, FOUR CARRY NUTS...These days is a bit odd but before he was making incredible psy trance.

Rough & Rush - Now this is the most twisted duo from germany, originally having their great project X-DREAM, after which it followed with CHILDREN OF PARADISE, THE DELTA and early one POLLINATOR.

Sebastian Krueger - This guy is known for his projects TARSIS and SBK, both pretty progressive and minimal trance...very good one...

HALDOLIUM - Very good, fresh and precise progressive trance band from germany...Juicy !

THE DELTA / MIDIMILIZ - very good raw, minimalish tech trance group that developed their certain sinister style...love them !

There are more germans of course but I have to go to bed now...Heheh... ;)

Yep, love them too, and I don´t say that because I´m German, no way. What I like about the German sound is that most of it isn´t that chaotic and overloaded with all kinds of sounds (although I can dig that style as well), but more organized and structured (should I say hypnotic?), leading you into a very deep state of trance, best example would be maybe "X-Dream- Radio" or "Midimiliz - Antistat"... well, actually there´re many of them.

just a smartass note: Authentik are French :P

just a smartass note: Authentik are French  :P

305584[/snapback]

:lol:

funny lumpi, you once corrected me when i said that Vaishiyas is from France and you said that they are from Germany, and now the opossite happens with Authentik

I gotta updated my country artist list :P

anyway, you agree that their abum Preamplified is germanish? ;)

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

i would personnally add Element, Noosphere, Digital Sun/Tarsis, SUN Project & Optokoppler in the good german trance artists list.

I have considdered moving there several times :P

just the money we could save on petrol would be enough to pay the rent ;)

Zerman stuff I adore:

Element (looking forward to the new album)

dj Oliver Klein

Space Safari / Beckers

dj D-Nox

Electric Universe

dj Laureth

Magnetrixx

dj Mapusa Mapusa

old Shiva Chandra & SBK

dj Bim

Neelix

dj Joanna

Haldoliulm + àll side projects

dj Magical

Symphonix

dj's Montagu & Golkonda

SUN-project

Sally Doollally (from the UK originally)

excellent labels like:

Plastic Park

Spiritzone

Plusquam

Tatsu (RIP)

Great list Tox ;)

I just got home from a festival where I heard Midi Miliz vs Spirallianz followed by the Delta. It was all very German.

Insightful post +1

306006[/snapback]

ahaha :lol:

well that must had been great!

Midi Miliz vs Spirallianz is something i wish i could see. Here in Brazil those tech-trance and minimal from Germany doenst get even close. Ppl here jsut dont like it, so there isnt any

Anyway, awsome festival that must been, wich one was it Basilisk?

It was Eclipse, up in the Gatineau, Quebec. Midi Miliz put on a great live show... I've been so sick of seeing psytrance artists bust out a lap-top and just hit play... these guys were seriously working it. Didn't hear too many Spirallianz tracks in there but it was wicked just the same. No Alibi is great live! The Delta had a LOT of new material in their set so you can bet there's going to be a new album sometime soon... although there was one very questionable track showing X-Dream's electro influence in there - some track that goes "the DJ is dead, change the music!" all over the place, which is essentially quite ironic. Whatever their first track was it had THE hardest low-end kick drum I've ever heard in my life... there was something like a three minute dark cinematic intro (think: The Thing) and then FWOOOM FWOOOM FWOOOM FWOOOM insanely hard kick just crackling out of that excellent system they had set up. It was intense! Not so much fun for dancing (what do you do aside from headbang or stomp your feet into nubs?) but still, quite good... they did get to some old classics at the end of their set and overall, it was excellent. And very German.

.. oh yeah, there's so much high quality music from our good ol' germany :)

I've seen Midi Miliz at this years Fusion Festival and it was fckn great!

But how can you forget Der Dritte Raum.. Finest Techno/Tech-House/Tech-Trance... ehh whatever

each country has great artists but

German sound is perfect

esp i like releases by plusquam-rec.