Are You More Into Albums Or Compilations?

Manuser

are you more into albums or compilations?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. are you more into albums or compilations?

• a l b u m s
    • c o m p i l a t i o n s

I vote for albuns too...

But Compils are a good choice if u want to have an idea about a sub-genre. It gives you a picture of whats going on.

I enjoy both... the problem this days is the quality.

I listen to mix Cds the most but have way more albums then comps so albums. The problem with compilations is they almost never have songs you would listen to all the time. They are good for finding new artists to listen to though so they can be good that way.

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Sometimes albums tell a whole story along tracks but compilation never or very rarely depends on the coherence, evolution & order of tracklist , so a little preference to albums.

compils... albums aren't varying enough mostly.

Guest The Journey Man Project

Compilations... albums get boring fter a while, compilations have more variety and moe opportunity to discover new sound... sticking with my favourites alway gets sooo boring so quick!

I prefer albums because the artist has a chance to tell a story, or at least create a good flow. Compilations rarely manages to tell a story or create a flow, most of the time it's just a bunch of tunes next to each other, and I find that very annoying.

I don't know really.. albums can be great throughout if the artist has put a lot of effort to it, but usually there's just too little variation. Comps on the other hand can be very good but often they're just a bunch of tracks thrown on the same disc with no connection between the tracks. So it basically all comes down to the individual release.

Albums albums AL-BUMS!

All the way!

I don't find the best compilations out there even near as good as the best albums.  :)

297254[/snapback]

The Mystery of the 13 Crystal Skulls? The turning point of Tip World. That was very, very good compilation. Since then thou they haven't released a single good album/compilation

Both actually.  :)

I'm currently in the process of trying to get all of Interchill compilations.  They don't have one bad compilation.  Talisman is currently my favorite.

McKennaDMT

297433[/snapback]

welcome new dude :)

Guest .::E.P

It's fun to see that the votes mostly goes for albums here while the same question was asked on isratrance and there 95% said compilations....