your fav BPM

Guest NHJO_HYENNRO

i agree in the sense of those tracks that are fast but made in such a way that they dont sound furious and stressed.. sadly most tracks of high speed sound like crap and are way too flooded with sounds ;)

284506[/snapback]

Yes. But a slow track that is badly executed ain't psytrance either in that case =)

Of course there are limits of what psytrance can be but not just within 10 small bpm's :)

Guest .::E.P

Yes. But a slow track that is badly executed ain't psytrance either in that case =)

Of course there are limits of what psytrance can be but not just within 10 small bpm's :)

284515[/snapback]

I am not so much dweilling on if they are psy or not. I am more talking about that way too many fast tracks seem way too stressed and flooded with sounds.

I am not so much dweilling on if they are psy or not. I am more talking about that way too many fast tracks seem way too stressed and flooded with sounds.

284517[/snapback]

Ah, i see. Although i can't agree because i rarely hear too fast tracks (don't listen to full-on and don't go to parties so...)

No faster than 145. > Everyone should be able to get into the music.

I normally move from 138 to 145 in my night sets

and 145 - 142 in my morning sets

But a have a bit of a fetish for 142 I must say;) I've found it to be particularly effective with the ladies !

That's what I like about it. :D

284541[/snapback]

Exactly :) I'm with Lepton here

Normally I like my trance between 138-152 BPM (mostly 145+) but sometimes some extra madness a la Scozbor (160+) is totally my cup of tea! :)

at psy & progressive 24hr party

evening- 125-135

early night- 135-140

late night- 142-145

dawn- 145-148

morning- 145-140

early arvo- 140-135

late arvo- 135-125

If we were listening to music live and you asked me what BPM is this, I might be able to guess within 5.

The way I know what I like is by liking songs and finding out after the fact what BPM it was. Inevitably it was within a certain range.

I like around 140 BPM but I'm really bad ad guessing how fast a song is so I don't really care. But I do like the very fast tracks like Atomic Armadillo or Infernal Machine.

I don't really care about the BPM, I probably like the faster tracks more though, but only if they're done really well.

Misted Muppet is a prime example of a group who manages to do songs with 150+ bpm and still make them sound really great. Not too many sounds, not too much anything, just musical genious.

Also, Talpa (specifically his album The Art of Being Non) makes really great music at 145+ bpm. Nothing to complain about here.

GMS - Juice is also quite fast and really good. It's around 150 bpm I think.

Those are just some examples, there is probably more fast psy out there that sounds great. Anyway, this is just my opinion and well, everyone has their own taste :)

Guest The Journey Man Project

125 to 240

progressive/tech/electro all the way... there is nothing left in the other styles now-a-days... all the same released every day... Iboga, Cold Groove, Tribal Vision, Zenon, Boshke, Gravity Plus, Groove Zone, Moonflower and Horns and Hoof are the only labels that interest me...