Shpongle 3 - Nothing lasts but nothing is lost

MattMan

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I prefer my cow well done, not milked and fed.

I guess there's only so many ways you can make a flute song. I also found that the flute solo sounded very familiar; especially the background chords (or whatever they are) with the little click-like sounds. I love Saudade pt 2 so I guess I don't have to big of a problem with this, but it would have been nice to hear something different.

i really havent liked much of what simon has done since the first shpongle album but this album is just sick. I think this album has made me apreciate shpongle 2 even more as i didnt get into it because what i was really hopeing for was are you shpongled part 2. To me this is album is proof simon is still the supreme god of this whole genre and REALLY makes me look forward to hopefully hearing Hallucinogen 3 someday.

Huh, there was so many people hating Shpongle, bashing it and there are 1600 views of this topic plus 150 replies ! What would be if it wasn't that popular...;)

Listened to it for the first time last night. What a great feeling just to lie down on a bed with lights out and headphones on, and to know that you're listening to the latest Shpongle for the first time. And I gotta say that I love it! The music is definitely more similair to Tales than Are You Shpongled with flamenco guitars, carneval instruments and ethnic vocals. It's however more straightforward than the previous album. What surprised me the most is that the music is so intense. I wouldn't really call this chill-out since most of the tracks are very fast. But what's great about it is that the music becomes almost hypnotizing.. I don't think I've ever been so deeply "in" the music than last night. Overall I love the new style, it's very fresh and completes the trilogy nicely. Funny how at some point I thought to myself how the music made me feel like I was in a dream. Then I remembered that it was the theme of the album.. they definitely succeeded in creating that theme. B)

The music is definitely more similair to Tales than Are You Shpongled with flamenco guitars, carneval instruments and ethnic vocals.

268255[/snapback]

It does ? :unsure:

I was expecting something more as Are You Shpongled ? but of course they won't make that kind of music anymore...

Umm, okay, I won't say a word for now since I haven't heard it but carneval instruments, flamenco guitars is something I don't like to hear on my stereo nor in my ears...I'll wait...

It does ?  :unsure:

I was expecting something more as Are You Shpongled ? but of course they won't make that kind of music anymore...

Umm, okay, I won't say a word for now since I haven't heard it but carneval instruments, flamenco guitars is something I don't like to hear on my stereo nor in my ears...I'll wait...

268256[/snapback]

Well, just the general tempo of the tracks makes it very unlike Are You Shpongled. It's more like the Shpongle stuff we've heard on recent compilations with almost a stedy 4/4 beat on the background of some tracks. And yes, there are careval-ish parts and some even more crazy ideas thrown into the tracks but personally I think that it all somehow fits in. The music keeps surprising you all the time but still has that Shpongle touch all over it. Don't wait just because of our descriptions.. you have to hear this stuff yourself to form an opinion.

Well, I guess Are You Shpongled? was a one time phenomenon, a link between the Mystery of the Yeti - Infinity Project and contemporary Shpongle. Although I like all of Shpongle albums, Are You Shpongled? is what Shpongle really is to me. But I'm satisfied that they didn't simply proceed with reproducing Are You Shpongled? kind of stuff.

ya, splitting it sucks.  If there's a way to burn and import it'd b better.  I'm definitely buying this one. It's awesome

268065[/snapback]

splitting it is easy... u just use the 'burn image' function in Nero and choose the cue file. Splits the tracks for you and doesnt leave a silent gap in between tracks.

it's not only simon right?

I just can't get over how well they've mixed Exhalation over to Connoisseur Of Hallucination. But yeah, this album is a nice ending to the whole deal, in contrast to IM the supervisor I really didn't have any reason to believe it would be similar to, but still.. :)

I've downloaded it as well

but i am for sure going to buy it. The more i am listening to this, the more it's growing on me, which can only mean one thing for me. It's SHPONGLE all right! Can't wait for the cristal clear cd quality...

It's far too early it to say wether it will come next to the first in my ranking. Almost impossible since there is no Behind Closed Eyelids kind of track on it (as far as i've noticed already), which from minute 6.00 till the end is simply imo the best peice of electronic music i've ever had the pleasure of listening to. It just explains beauty to me in a way words could never do. I've had it for 3 years now, and i still just can't get enough of that piece, i wish it lasted longer, infinetly longer. But, nothing lasts i guess...

am i the only one that thinks its not that good?

its certainly not bad, but far far far from being cheese-free and even dark (???) that someone said..

268539[/snapback]

No you are not the only one. I like some of it, but mostly it has the same effects all over all the time, and there is some very cheese stuff in there. It is as somebody else has said quite repetitive.

"am i the only one that thinks its not that good?

its certainly not bad, but far far far from being cheese-free and even dark (???) that someone said.."

that was my first impression as i was hoping for something more dark. I guess its hard to say are you shpongled is "dark", its just more "alien". If you like the first album i dont see how you cant like the track "but nothing lasts", thats very are you shpongled sounding to me, almost like a part of and day turned to night.

When i gave up on hoping it sounded more like the first album and just listened to the insane musicality it started to sound alot better. i mean comeon, behind closed eyelids can never ever be topped.

It's a good album but I'm not blown away as I was when I discovered Are You Shpongled. I like it, but I am far from being in love with it. I think I just wanted something alittle different.

I agree with it not being very "chill". I like the track that starts around 11 minutes but it ends so quickly and turns into crap. I like the dark Juno Reactor sound of the track and then after 3 minutes it's gone :(

Theres alot that I like about this album, but theres alot that I don't like. I just wish the parts I liked were together in songs, instead of being spaced about the mix.