v/A - Out Of The Blues

http://www.discogs.com/release/757303

Adrelnalin Drum - Vanity

http://www.discogs.com/release/337704

v/A - Digital Speakers

http://www.discogs.com/release/1254270

v/A - Pure Planet Vol. 2

http://www.discogs.com/release/986509

And as Bonus a promo from his soon to come album. Me likes! :)

Look at the market price history.

Here is the most recent price it sold for:

2007-12-08 Mint (M) Mint (M) €29.90

comments: NEW STILL SEALED

It sold for a fraction of his price 3 months ago. He was selling it for around 40 Euro until very recently and now he's asking 150 Euro. All he did was inflate the price so other people are asking for 100+ bucks.

That's pretty crazy because limited edition classics released on legendary FAX records back in like 1993 or 1994 sell for that much and FAX has a large following and demand for their stuff is insane.

OK I understand, "Extended" is limited, but man it was released in 2006 and Solar Fields is nowhere near established name as say Pete Namlook. If you pay 150 Euro for it you are a sucker.

Yeah, you can inflate things on discogs.

I didn't even know how crazy until two weeks ago when just for fun I put my X-Dream trip to trancesylvania on sale on discogs.

I'm not looking to seel it so just for laughs I put for sale for 2.000 euro adding I accepted offers :lol: .

After a week the guy that was selling the other copy for sale (asking for 150 euros) asked me if his price was completely off and stated that he didn't want to compete with me. I then checked his cd which he was now selling for 1.000 euros ... :ph34r:

I took my version off after. His version is off too.

Look at the market price history.

Here is the most recent price it sold for:

2007-12-08 Mint (M) Mint (M) €29.90

comments: NEW STILL SEALED

It sold for a fraction of his price 3 months ago. He was selling it for around 40 Euro until very recently and now he's asking 150 Euro. All he did was inflate the price so other people are asking for 100+ bucks.

That's pretty crazy because limited edition classics released on legendary FAX records back in like 1993 or 1994 sell for that much and FAX has a large following and demand for their stuff is insane.

OK I understand, "Extended" is limited, but man it was released in 2006 and Solar Fields is nowhere near established name as say Pete Namlook. If you pay 150 Euro for it you are a sucker.

Anyway I bought mine from that guy/girl for 40 euro... He has or had more ... The day after I bought it, he put the next one online for 150 euro...

Then after a week someone linked inspiralled shop here and they sold it new, so I was fucked... i payed 40 euro to grigori... :).

At this moment that's my most expensive cd in my collection. I payed 4 times more for a stupid solar fields - extended from 2006 then for juggling alchemists and blue planet corporation etc... :angry: . Well stupid me should have waited...

But extended is gooood :), better then FAX :lol:

Anyway I bought mine from that guy/girl for 40 euro... He has or had more ... The day after I bought it, he put the next one online for 150 euro...

Then after a week someone linked inspiralled shop here and they sold it new, so I was fucked... i payed 40 euro to grigori... :).

At this moment that's my most expensive cd in my collection. I payed 4 times more for a stupid solar fields - extended from 2006 then for juggling alchemists and blue planet corporation etc... :angry: . Well stupid me should have waited...

But extended is gooood :), better then FAX :lol:

Very interesting...

In fact, I find "Extended" to be an exceptional release as well, and I go back to listen it a whole lot, and this comes from someone who can barely stand ambient/downtempo music :)

But I would have never payed for it a penny more than its actual price. Not even its own scarsity would make me go venture so deep into my wallet.

Then, on the other hand, there is something really special in Solar Fields' sound IMHO. I get this feeling he only gets better with time, and out of all the downtempo music of his I've heard, "Extended" is yet the best he's done.

Today I got:

Ben Sims- Ekspozicija 08: Escapism Pt. 2 (2008) (Explicit Musick)

http://www.discogs.com/release/1231675

U2- The joshua tree (2007) (remaster) (20th anniversary edition)

http://www.discogs.com/release/1207497

My all time favorite non electronic music release... Comes with a specially desgned jewel case, and a great, thick booklet, full of interesting reads etc :posford:

Very interesting...

In fact, I find "Extended" to be an exceptional release as well, and I go back to listen it a whole lot, and this comes from someone who can barely stand ambient/downtempo music :)

But I would have never payed for it a penny more than its actual price. Not even its own scarsity would make me go venture so deep into my wallet.

Then, on the other hand, there is something really special in Solar Fields' sound IMHO. I get this feeling he only gets better with time, and out of all the downtempo music of his I've heard, "Extended" is yet the best he's done.

While I would never pay the inflated prices that Extended has gone for it is almost worth paying so much for. I'm just glad that I was in time for Ultimae's Solar Fields pack where I could buy all the albums in one go. :)

While I would never pay the inflated prices that Extended has gone for it is almost worth paying so much for. I'm just glad that I was in time for Ultimae's Solar Fields pack where I could buy all the albums in one go. :)

yep same here... :rolleyes:

great day for music! :-)

va - tales from the forest

kingston wall - lll

jamiroquai - emergency on planet earth

also borrowed a few cds from library can't wait to give em proper spin.

Yeah, right :)

Come on lots of FAX is just plain old boring or cheesy... IMO :lol:

FAX = legendary, but doesn't mean they are the best imo, surely not for people who started listening in 2000 or later ...

Maybe if you listen since the beginning of fax, you got the nostalgia thing going on...

Come on lots of FAX is just plain old boring or cheesy... IMO :lol:

FAX = legendary, but doesn't mean they are the best imo, surely not for people who started listening in 2000 or later ...

Maybe if you listen since the beginning of fax, you got the nostalgia thing going on...

FAX released incredible amount of releases over time and they vary in style a lot so it's not reasonable

to expect that one person will like them all.

There are for sure many bona fide classics they released far more significant and respected in ambient circles than what

Solar Fields have done so far. Nobody said they are the best label. That title is a matter of personal choice.

I don't agree with your assesment that people who started listening to ambient after 2000 should avoid older FAX releases.

That's like saying if you got into Psy after 2000 don't listen to TIP, Dragonfly or Flying Rhino releases released before 2000.

I don't agree with your assesment that people who started listening to ambient after 2000 should avoid older FAX releases.

That's like saying if you got into Psy after 2000 don't listen to TIP, Dragonfly or Flying Rhino releases released before 2000.

Yes was kinda wrong put if I read it know, but meant in more in the nostalgia way like I said later... Never said to avoid it...

They "imo" mostly ( have only listened to maybe 5 (chosen by checking some reviews)) sound a bit dull and empty, ... They really sound old in some way ...

Maybe I just don't really dig the fax sound so much, it's seem the drag too much sometimes...

Electronic music and time also seems more dangerous imo then lets say rockmusic and time... Evolution 93 till now seems huge in electronica...

But hey just opinions ofcourse. And you're talking about ambient cirkels, but I just seem to dislike a lot of the OLD classic's in that arena :). Like global communication etc... Too much releases labeled melodic go to cheesy... (btw have the same problem with goatrance, love oldskool but also dislike some of the so called melodic classics and some stuff couldn't handle time very well...)

The orb I can agree with.... :) Orbus terrarum was really good imo and also liked some of the steve roach and biosphere...

FSOL also kicks, but is not all that ambientic imo :)

Maybe give me some fax titles I should check that don't sound to old and don't go too much melodic cheese... Enough variation in structures etc...

I'm willing to change judgement :)

Yes was kinda wrong put if I read it know, but meant in more in the nostalgia way like I said later... Never said to avoid it...

They "imo" mostly ( have only listened to maybe 5 (chosen by checking some reviews)) sound a bit dull and empty, ... They really sound old in some way ...

Maybe I just don't really dig the fax sound so much, it's seem the drag too much sometimes...

Electronic music and time also seems more dangerous imo then lets say rockmusic and time... Evolution 93 till now seems huge in electronica...

But hey just opinions ofcourse. And you're talking about ambient cirkels, but I just seem to dislike a lot of the OLD classic's in that arena :). Like global communication etc... Too much releases labeled melodic go to cheesy... (btw have the same problem with goatrance, love oldskool but also dislike some of the so called melodic classics and some stuff couldn't handle time very well...)

The orb I can agree with.... :) Orbus terrarum was really good imo and also liked some of the steve roach and biosphere...

FSOL also kicks, but is not all that ambientic imo :)

Maybe give me some fax titles I should check that don't sound to old and don't go too much melodic cheese... Enough variation in structures etc...

I'm willing to change judgement :)

Dude you have to hear Air - Air II.

Incredible story combining both electronic and acoustic instruments.

The story keeps changing as he smoothly changes melodies/themes mixes in new instruments over and over again from some weird sounding trumpet-like instrument to didgereedo....all niiiiiice and slow.

That might change your opinion about FAX.

I think there is some truth to what you're saying about age and electronic music but I also think that there are some incredible releases you

might be missing out on if you decide to skip them. Case in point try The Irresistible Force - Flying High......absolutely incredible album from like 1993

that aged very well. I actually heard it for the first time this year and couldn't believe this was released 15 years ago. He also used Terrence Mckenna samples later found in many Psy tracks.

Case in point try The Irresistible Force - Flying High......absolutely incredible album from like 1993

This cd I had in a package with (except of this cd) only psy trance, so I will check it out now... :)

This cd I had in a package with (except of this cd) only psy trance, so I will check it out now... :)

well, it sounds pretty damn old imo... It sounds rough, and not subtile compared to todays ambient, no nice transitions, and not so warm/full sounds... only track 4 sounds really nice... Track 2 was even terrible imo...

Fax is great but for me solar fields' extended & leaving home are clearly a step beyond even releases like Dreamfish.

Also with fax's huge output quality did suffer occasionally with a few boring releases but that is inevitable when you release so much.

well, it sounds pretty damn old imo... It sounds rough, and not subtile compared to todays ambient, no nice transitions, and not so warm/full sounds... only track 4 sounds really nice... Track 2 was even terrible imo...

Oh well....the tastes are different.

If you got the original Rising High version and wanna sell it let me know.

I wouldn't mind having an extra backup copy :)

You might as well put Solar Quest - Orgship in the deal if possible

That's another old outdated ambient CD you don't need :)

You might as well put Solar Quest - Orgship in the deal if possible

That's another old outdated ambient CD you don't need :)

That one I keep for sure, that one I LOVE :) doesn't sound oudated at all, don't ask me why... About the Rising High cd, yes, I may want to sell/trade it, what is it worth? or you have anything for trading? :)

Fax is great but for me solar fields' extended & leaving home are clearly a step beyond even releases like Dreamfish.

Also with fax's huge output quality did suffer occasionally with a few boring releases but that is inevitable when you release so much.

Have you heard Peter Benisch - Waiting for Snow?

I ain't much of an ambient music conoisseur, but those FAX+ releases called Broadway or something, which have Khulman collaborating with one more japanese dude, I reckon, are simply amazing.

I don't own them, but I've heard them, and remember how I thought it was really deep and beautiful music. I could get into it.