Electro Sun - Pure Blue

DeathPosture

Electro Sun – Pure Blue

Posted Image

High-res: front + back

Artist: Electro Sun (Israel)

Title: Pure Blue

Format: CD (jewel case)

Label: Trancelucent Productions (Israel)

Cat. #: TP-011

Distribution: Boa Distribution

Date: January 2005

Track listing:

01. 07’11” Pure Blue

02. 07’28” Sundance

03. 06’54” I’ve Got The Power

04. 08’04” Fucking Music

05. 07’34” Stretch

06. 07’26” Vanilla

07. 06’44” In My Dream (Album Edit)

08. 06’48” Momento

09. 06’32” Supernova

Review:

Let the sun guide your path…

Electro Sun is Nadav Elkayam from Israel. He’s pretty new to the scene but has had tracks released on Trancelucent, OOD, ZMA, Moonstone and Com.Pact… It’s no secret that I’m no neo full-on buff, but the stuff I’ve heard from Electro Sun hasn’t been all bad… This album is released on Trancelucent Productions and I still admire them greatly for the Misted Muppet and Etic albums… Let’s find out what’s under the Electro Sun…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Pure Blue [140 BPM]

We launch straight into melodic mayhem… This is super uplifting, happy, bouncing morning trance with one epic melody weaved into the next… Commercial club-trance to some – pure bliss to others… I kinda like parts of it - despite its obvious cheddar appearance…

#02: Sundance [140 BPM]

We stay on the more cheesy side of things here… As the title suggest, this is more straight-forward morning trance – a hymn to the sun with voice samples talking about mind-altering drugs… Again we get a shitload of fluffy melodies though they are a little more subtle here… The voice samples are tacky and I’m starting to get a little fed up…

#03: I’ve Got The Power [144 BPM]

This track was written and produced with Bizzare Contact and has a little more edge than the two predecessors… Finally! Pretty cool and energetic bassline here – and the build-up is sweet though the climax could’ve been better… But for a neo full-on track, this isn’t bad at all…

#04: Fucking Music [142 BPM]

Another collaboration – this time with System Nipel… The direction shifts from edgy full-on back to highly melodic full-on… Despite a couple of attempt at raw sounds, this is still a very light, fluffy track with long epic pads… The sample “fucking music” seems oddly misplaced and generally this is too commercial for my tastes…

#05: Stretch [145 BPM]

This is an ultra-fast track… I usually like fast, but unfortunately this is drenched in a happy-hardcore kinda vibe that’s not very appealing… Again the “fuck” samples puzzle me!? I don’t really like this track – it’s like it’s trying too hard – and failing at it!

#06: Vanilla [145 bpm]

This track was already released on the Cyberdelica compilation released by Trancelucent in 2004 – so here’s a copy/paste solution from my previous review: “Everything you've ever said, done or thought about doin', is right there in that file cabinet” Nadav starts his track with a Morgan Freeman sample from the movie Bruce Almighty… The track itself is dancefloor friendly full-on with a slightly harder approach… Guitars go hand in hand with tight percussion work here – though we’re getting close to annoying Skazi-guitars! But it’s a nice little track regardless!

#07: In My Dream (Album Edit) [145 BPM]

Argh! This is similar to Stretch though even more joyous and happy-go-lucky in appearance… How many Happy Meals did Nadav eat before he sat down and composed this? Even Yahel couldn’t have made something as clubby! The “ahh yeah” samples are just plain awful and totally over the top… Argh make it stop!

#08: Momento [145 BPM]

The edge is harder now and luckily this is not as obviously commercial as some of the previous tracks were… Thank you Nadav! That being said, this is still pretty standard morning trance – not overly melodic, but pretty uplifting and very dancefloor friendly…

#09: Supernova [145 BPM]

The last track is a collaboration with Brain Damage… Starts out with a bunch of LOTR samples and then slowly adds melodies and bassline… The layer work is pretty good here, and for a clubby neo-full on track this isn’t bad… I could see myself dance to this in the wee hours of the morning when the last disco-burgers are gone… ;o)

Right – let’s count our losses first… There are a handful of overly commercial, top-cheesy tracks on this album – stuff that I really have a hard time enjoying… But luckily this isn’t a total failure as there are three tracks that I seem to enjoy… Obviously that’s not enough for me to validate a purchase, but again it’s all about taste… The big fan-crowd of modern Israeli neo full-on will undoubtedly enjoy this to the fullest…

I’m not attacking Trancelucent as I know they also release brilliant stuff – the Misted Muppet + Etic albums are the latest examples of that… But unless you’re a hardened neo full-on fan, I’d advise you to listen to this before purchase! Enjoy!

Favourites: 3, 6, 9(!)

DeathPosture

Posted Image

External links:

Electro Sun: http://www.electrosun.net

Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/654tj

Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/3jbhd

Juno Records: http://tinyurl.com/4fhde

Trance Shop: http://tinyurl.com/5jxx7

Wakyo: http://tinyurl.com/6tpap

Chaos Unlimited: http://tinyurl.com/5mlc3

Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/4btyz

Guest Le Lotus Bleu

Fully agree, an israeli released again too much commercial.

Apart the track done with Bizarre Contact 'I've got the power', i dig anything.

According to me, this kind of album has nothing to do with neo-full on calling, it's simply clubtrance stuffs that could be your thing though.

Guest antic

Right – let’s count our losses first… There are a handful of overly commercial, top-cheesy tracks on this album – stuff that I really have a hard time enjoying… But luckily this isn’t a total failure as there are three tracks that I seem to enjoy… Obviously that’s not enough for me to validate a purchase, but again it’s all about taste… The big fan-crowd of modern Israeli neo full-on will undoubtedly enjoy this to the fullest…

Come on man! Objective review my ass! ;)

It should be YOUR point of view and not a statement along the lines of "I don't like it, but there are probably others who might, so it's very good..."

I’m not attacking Trancelucent as I know they also release brilliant stuff – the Misted Muppet + Etic albums are the latest examples of that…

And don't apologize to the label! If they released great albums before, you probalby got them already. If they started to release crap (like this one), you definitely don't need their promos anymore... j/k :lol:

BTW: have you got the new Cosmosis? I'm cooking a review mysefl (I think it's just blinding, but far from perfection that was his Synergy CD), though I'd like to know what the likes of yourself and other frequent 'big star' reviewers think of it too?

well electro sun is to me another example of typical morning fullon...

nothing new but like DP says who likes the fullon formula and easy melodie kicks will be satisfied...

And don't apologize to the label! If they released great albums before, you probalby got them already. If they started to release crap (like this one), you definitely don't need their promos anymore... j/k  :lol:

*chuckle* any label that sends me promos eventually stops.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!"

*chuckle* any label that sends me promos eventually stops.

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!!"

245265[/snapback]

lol

me, too. :rolleyes:

this one has it's moments, but it's more than often ruined by cheesy parts.. for example "in my dream", why the "oooh yeah" samples? Otherwise I actually enjoyed the melodies in this track :)

And what the hell is up with the front cover? There's a tiny stupid engrish text saying something like: "electrosun first album trance for the day after dance motherfucker dance like there is no tomorrow taking the pill squeezung the juice what a party mmm..."

:ph34r::ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

Don't really know what to think about the other tracks, but "vanilla" rocked me away... :P Alone for that track my review is positive!!! GREAT track, that "vanilla", & I don't giva a ... if "Skazi-guitars" or not - the guitar rockzzz and makes yr blood boil. What else do ya need? :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hmm, I like this one, usually Im not a big fan of full-on, but here is an exception. And its a litle more commercial, but that can be good some times... You dont need to watch your cdplayer on the barbeque-party for girls who wants to switch cd for Madona or whatever... ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Won't give any reviews but I think this is quite nice release. Easy listenable and very melodic. Very simple but goes sweetly in the background. :)

and foreground!

shit this stuff is nice!!! for me, it can never be too sunny or too lucid enough.

the problem is that it needs to be done with style! like s>range hasn't got a style.

and the samples used in this album have truly no style also, which is the only let down here and there.

Just drive in the hot evening sun by the beach on the 'In My Dream' track! those samples fuck it up big time though... but i'm totally down with this poppy clubby style to it cuz it's done quite good in this album...definitely a road to take in my producing...

And don't apologize to the label! If they released great albums before, you probalby got them already. If they started to release crap (like this one), you definitely don't need their promos anymore... j/k  :lol:

BTW: have you got the new Cosmosis? I'm cooking a review mysefl (I think it's just blinding, but far from perfection that was his Synergy CD), though I'd like to know what the likes of yourself and other frequent 'big star' reviewers think of it too?

244724[/snapback]

I think this is the truth. Don't say maybe people will like it... Review from your point plz. Be honest if you don't like tell it to the people...

The main idea of reviewing is that people who identify themselves with the reviewer buy the things he likes because you know you like his taste.

A theory is more informative if it containes lesser parameters to make it fit...

What does this mean don't include too much parameters as "people who like sunny music or full on will maybe like this" or "they have released good stuff in the passed so ..."

Neutral far stretching reviews really are useless...

Otherwise just review the things you really like and want to give 8 or more on 10 and don't review the things you think suck or dislike!

Anway I tried it and I didn't like the album. Wanted to know if there was something I could possibly like in a full on album like that.

And now I feel I wasted an hour...

Greetz Sam

• 2 years later...

and foreground!

shit this stuff is nice!!! for me, it can never be too sunny or too lucid enough.

the problem is that it needs to be doen with sytle! like s>range hasn't got a style.

and the samples used in this album have truly no style also, wich is the only let down here and there.

Just drive in the hot evening sun by the beach on the 'In My Dream' track and you'll be in my dream :D and i guess Nadav's too! those samples fuck it up big time though... but i'm totally down with this poppy clubby style to it cuz it's done quite elegant in this album...definately a road to take in my producing...

love strydr (listen to pure blue>love;))

+1 brother.

It's all about how it's done!

• 2 years later...