Shpongle

Ormion

Just like people dislike anything too popular... like Microsoft products, and the Ipod. Face it, disliking them doesn't make you elite.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my start listening to techno when I was around 13... Chemical Brothers is what I started out with, along with some Crystal Method. When I found Shpongle I was completely entranced and Simon P. had a profound influence on my taste in techno.

I would consider Shpongle one of the greatest, and most innovative, groups of all time.

I got my start listening to techno when I was around 13... Chemical Brothers is what I started out with, along with some Crystal Method.  When I found Shpongle I was completely entranced and Simon P. had a profound influence on my taste in techno.

I would consider Shpongle one of the greatest, and most innovative, groups of all time.

259479[/snapback]

Chemical Brothers isn't techno, Crystal Method isn't techno, Shpongle isn't techno.

Chemical Brothers isn't techno, Crystal Method isn't techno, Shpongle isn't techno.

259791[/snapback]

Thanks, but I didn't come for a lesson in the names of psytrance or whatever the fuck you want to call them. I label it as "techno" because a lot of it is mixed electronically and its just a generic catch phrase. Thanks for your input.

Thanks, but I didn't come for a lesson in the names of psytrance or whatever the fuck you want to call them.  I label it as "techno" because a lot of it is mixed electronically and its just a generic catch phrase.  Thanks for your input.

259811[/snapback]

Yeah, I love ignorance too.

Yeah, I love ignorance too.

259941[/snapback]

Good for you. The ridiculous naming schemes have gone on long enough. Hell, each BAND has its own sub-genre now, its utterly ridiculous.

Techno is a good catch-phrase that just describes my entrance into the world of electronic music.

Good for you.  The ridiculous naming schemes have gone on long enough.  Hell, each BAND has its own sub-genre now, its utterly ridiculous.

Techno is a good catch-phrase that just describes my entrance into the world of electronic music.

259949[/snapback]

shpongle is about as close to techno as britney spears..

Man, you guys don't have any all-encompassing words used to describe something so you don't have to go into extreme detail?  I don't feel like typing out a nine-name subgenre every time I want to discuss a new band I enjoy.

259959[/snapback]

Yes, we do. Electronic.

Guest Rain

sphongle = techno :blink::lol: ...

damn it's not even trance... it hasn't got any bassline where the hell does the techno come from :rolleyes:

i say we ban archimedes he s not worthy to be here.. techno? ts ts ts

come on guys you all knew what he ment from the moment you read his post. dont be so hypo-critical about it ;)

lol.. in my book, electronic music and techno are the same two things.  Sorry if I don't feel go into great detail when discussing psytrance or goa, because some fanboy always jumps down my throat about not labelling genres right.

260537[/snapback]

Same here must be a NA thing & shpongle kicks ass.

They are both Acid Breaks. HA!

Actually Chemical Brothers could also be called Chemical Breaks.

:lol:

that's the truth afaik

261274[/snapback]

Big Beat.