Shpongle

Ormion

papua new guinea is quite decent tune..

nothing phenomenal.. good nevertheless..

220474[/snapback]

The ambient sides, yes. FSOL are truly great artists. Love them.. I got a love for Dead Cities the album. Very experimental.. It has a story.. check it out for a more experimental album. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well i really like shpongle...

but man traveller u need to chill...

u r son in awe of anything twisted does that u get defensive when people spealk their mind and don't share ur point of view...

i mean do u get paid by twisted to promote them like that or what???

i wonder sometimes...

220491[/snapback]

hahah indeed

btw, seraph.. you say FSOL ambient, but is it beatless stuff ?

I´m curious to check out because I´ve heard a lot about them indeed.. Im gonna check your reviews :)

Guest al3xandar

hahah indeed

btw, seraph.. you say FSOL ambient, but is it beatless stuff ?

I´m curious to check out because I´ve heard a lot about them indeed.. Im gonna check your reviews :)

220496[/snapback]

FSOL over Shpongle? Man...we really got different tastes for music...

i mean do u get paid by twisted to promote them like that or what???

i wonder sometimes...

220491[/snapback]

in cd's ... but anyway, BINGO!!! ding ding ding ding :lol:

btw. Traveller needs to chill, yes. But to defend him alittle.. Spindrift's reply was a bit harsh imo.

FSOL over Shpongle? Man...we really got different tastes for music...

220499[/snapback]

did anybody say that? I dont think seraph did, and I dont know FSOL to compare :)

Of course FSOL over Shpongle ! They released heaps of albums whereas Shpongle only 2 which doesn't matter in fact but the point is that these guys FSOL explored ambient genre and set the new definitions of ambient in general...

@sherlockalien They have some beatless songs, in fact most of them are beatless but they are so delicious, you wouldn't mind a bit those with beat...;)

ok so he did say it

hehehe

even if I dont normally like beatless (ishq is an exception), Ill check it out

btw, is that correct: exception? seems strange... you know when you write or say a word and it sounds strange? now I dont know if its like that hehehe

What's so great about them?

220366[/snapback]

Some reasons why I love 'Are You Shpongled' :

- Interesting/exiting rhythms (IMO the most innovative in psy-chill-out category so far)

- The earthy psychedelic mood/atmosphere

- All the tracks manage to be different but still keep that same mood... the "flow-factor" of this album is 10/10

- The music is extremely visual... whatever that means I'm not sure but that's how I feel

- Raja Rams flute lines

- Cool synth sounds/fx

- Interesting/exiting rhythms

- Interesting/exiting rhythms

IMO most of the other psy-chill-out artists use totally boring beats... i.e.. stiff, stagnant, simple and not exiting at all.

Ps. Interesting/exiting rhythms!!!

Guest al3xandar

Of course FSOL over Shpongle ! They released heaps of albums whereas Shpongle only 2 which doesn't matter in fact but the point is that these guys FSOL explored ambient genre and set the new definitions of ambient in general...

@sherlockalien They have some beatless songs, in fact most of them are beatless but they are so delicious, you wouldn't mind a bit those with beat...;)

220505[/snapback]

C'mon man...as u said the number of albums doesn't matter, cause if it did we'd praise Skazi the most, and all of his guards :)

And FSOL does remixes of The Beatles? I can't understand why u like them more :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously, I'd listen to Dead Can Dance rather than FSOL as beatless (or sort of) music, but as I said, we have different tastes...

@decoding Where on Earth you understand that FSOL ever remixed The Beatles ? Sherlock was talking about beatless ambient music...I think you inhaled too much incense sticks in your meditative moods...;)

Guest al3xandar

@decoding Where on Earth you understand that FSOL ever remixed The Beatles ? Sherlock was talking about beatless ambient music...I think you inhaled too much incense sticks in your meditative moods...;)

220532[/snapback]

I hopped you'd understand the joke!

Please do not talk that much about FSOL in a thread about Shpongle.

Its pure blasphemy.

We can open another thread about FSOL and talk for hours and days and months about their music skills.

\Edit/ sherlockalien just go buy or download Lifeforms without second thought.

If you like ambient/chill music,well this is divine.

i love shpongle...it just fits my taste.

that's all I have to say. I don't care if people hate Shpongle...I listen to many, many different types of music and have over 400 albums (OK so they're mp3s.) I'm sure no one likes every single one of them...from Fennesz to Mr. Bungle to Shpongle to Radiohead to The Six Parts Seven to Van Morrison...it's all music! I can see very clearly how someone could dislike Shpongle; it's not a big deal to me, but I happen to love it.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like shpongle, and the thing is, they are one of those groups you have to see live for fully enjoy their music, trippin hard.

and its kinda hard to really classify shpongle as having a shponle sound, they do many many things with their music, weird arabic rythms to nice relaxing island jams. Its really hard to say "shpongle is great because of this cd, lp, etc." they are a group you have to see live, and you should, even if you 'dont' like them, because its always a blast.

I really like shpongle, and the thing is, they are one of those groups you have to see live for fully enjoy their music, trippin hard.

223928[/snapback]

I wouldn't say that...

• 2 months later...

Ok.....To anyone who doesn't like Shpongle or doesn't appreciate them. Shpongle isn't suppost to be trip-hop or straight up ambient like Boards of Canada or Ishq and FSOL. Shpongle is PSYCHEDELIA. If you can't apreciate psychedelic music you're never going to apreciate Shpongle to its full capacity. Of course after some experiences with Ishq I would say the same thing about his work. Shpongle's work is not senseless drumming or clostraphobic melodies with no connecting sensibility. It's great stuff that has had so much work put into it that it demands respect if you can get into crazy psychedlia. Anyone who says that Shpongle is without sense or craft or motive either hasn't really listened to Simon's work yet or just doesn;t have a passion for psychedelic music.....Fuck all the naysayers....PEACE!!!

i didn't think shpongle were great the first times i listened to

till one time put it on, under the influence of DMT.

everything, every bits of sound there is. takes you to a different dimension and they all have been put in for a reason and motive.

same as hallucinogen under the influence of acid.

magic

:wub:

i didn't think shpongle were great the first times i listened to 

till one time put it on, under the influence of DMT.

everything, every bits of sound there is. takes you to a different dimension and they all have been put in for a reason and motive.

same as hallucinogen under the influence of acid.

magic

:wub:

255185[/snapback]

I didn't like their music atfirst at all either.. it was just so completely different to any other music I had heard before..