Imba is a mster

radi6404

So my friend from Nis, Nikola is really a mster. He posted me soundcloud links to demos of his new tracks and I am impressed. His new tracks have all ingredients, real newschool should have. They sound very analogue, have many deep and trippy or melanchoic melodies, great kickdrums, great percussion and great basslines and background- filtersweeps. The tracks are pure goa trance in style and emidiatelly remind of the master and legend Boris Blenn. Even the sounds he choosed are impressive and really go under my skin. He really tweaked and twisted his virtual synths and got out sounds that are as deep as real Electric Universe sounds. I was blown away by his sounds, that reminded me of some sounds in Visiting Venus or Electrogarden. I am sure with time he will figure out and create a preset, that sounds similar to the beautiful strings Boris Blenn used in Portamento or Source of emotion.

I will let Imba himself post the soundcloud links

In my opinion that is really how newschool should sound and way better than any other newschool track from Filteria, Khetzal, Artifact or any other newschool artist, and I am not saying this in order imba to me nice to me, but because his tracks are really very good and really oldschool in sound, which is how I want new goa to sound.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The responses here are not clear to me. I know Imba wont react in a negative way to them, but if I were him I would. Instead of welcoming the news people post dumb pics and say lol. I don`t know whether my text is funny to you, but I would appreciate a bit more respect to the artists in this forum.

This is a goa trance forum and it is normal to react with emotion about new good music, there is really no reason to laugh about it.

:D I will just say, I need a photo of you and Imba side by side, that's all.

And yes, he is a great young producer that i respect, but to me his stuff has a long way to go. I'm not being negative, Space Elves just never did it for me and production isn't up to scratch.

I know you want old school sound though so I can see how it might be for you :)

I am talking about new tracks that he finished a few days ago, not about Space Elves, I did not like Space Elves a lot aswell, but his new music is very different to Space Elves. One reason for this is our secret talk and passion about Boris Blenn.

First LOL, then thank you :)

I am far from master radi, i am still noob. My music can't be analog, it's done 100% VST and all hardware i had are mouse and keyboard haha, but it gives that feel you are right. I can't deny that Radi sent me countless msgs of support on facebook. It can really help!

It's not a secret that Boris is my biggest inspiration, after him comes D5. I don't try to recreate his style, it is just coincidence that we have same taste about presets/sounds.

I don't know about which tracks you are talking but i only finished 2 tracks since last summer, one is more trance than goa and newest one i already posted here:

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php/topic/66981-imba-first-encounter/

I have creativity blockade more than one year, so this is all i done :)

:D I will just say, I need a photo of you and Imba side by side, that's all.

It could be possible. I will playing on Connection festival in Spain 3-7 october, he might come if he have money. If not lets make people fund and bring him :lol: Anoebis will be there too, radi you should come! PsyNewsers will hug you :P

PS. Instead of focusing on Boris, Miranda, Astral and me, try to explore more of them. Many new artists are great, you should send them msg of support like this one. How do you feel while you listening, what you like and ofcourse what you don't. It can be helpful.

Thanks to the others too :)

Thnaks for your words about my support, I am trying to help you, give you ideas and so on. But when I produced music even the ideas I recieved where too much for me sometimes, when the inspiration stops nothing helps. Inspiration is hard to get and you don`t have it always, but in my opinion, the easier the gear is to use, the more music you will create.

I think psynews guys are aware of Nikola's efforts in last couple of years, not only with his production (especially with Space Elves and other collaborations) but with his netlabel and compilations that he published and released (mostly for free download), some of them are my all-time favorites.

When nobody in Serbia give a damn about goa trance music, he founded a label and promoted not only in Serbia but in whole Balkans area that music and because of that we all should give him some kudos and personally i'm glad that he's still doing that same job even it's a hard task to release quality goa trance music for free.

That was a joke imba, you should have noticed it and played the game aswell. We just talk about Boris blenn from time to time and that his music is good, nothing more.

Anyway if more artists would follow Imba`s example goa trance would recover to live, I hope more artists will follow his example.

That was a joke imba, you should have noticed it and played the game aswell. We just talk about Boris blenn from time to time and that his music is good, nothing more.

Anyway if more artists would follow Imba`s example goa trance would recover to live, I hope more artists will follow his example.

hmm..

no disrespect to imba,

but what is wrong with artifact303, filteria, nova fractal, etc etc

I like what they are doing too.

hmm..

no disrespect to imba,

but what is wrong with artifact303, filteria, nova fractal, etc etc

You can see what radi thinks is wrong with Filteria in this thread. You'll also see how incredibly hypocritical radi was being when he wrote "I would appreciate a bit more respect to the artists in this forum".

Rotwang, no need to cause problem s again, I really hate such links to past threads in order to make people think badly about me, that is fake.

And about Filter and nova fractal, the tracks are not goa to me but some other kind of music. They don`t sound like classical goa trance at all and sound very different in my ears. They have way too many sounds playing simultaniously, way too many simple melodies and the synths sound ultra digital. I am very dissapointed goa trance is like that nowadays and that all artists jump in the same bandwagon in order to attract a wider audience. That is why I am even more happy that Imba creates music in the style he does and I sincerly hope he will get his stuff released. Maybe he will be an example to real new oldschool and artists will again start to produce music like Boris Bleen, Astra Projection, Miranda, S.U.N. project, The Infinity project, Shakta and all the other artists from the golden area.

Some people here hardly make a difference between old and newschool goa trance but in my ears the genres are very different and newschool is far less deep and spritual than oldschool, oldschool is deep, trippy and really takes my brain away into a big journey, where newschool music fails badly for me. Anyone can listen to what he wants and appreciate and love the music but there will always be people who will differenciate and dislike neo goa, because it is not quite the same than old goa and those people want the same.