Imba is a mster

radi6404

Rotwang, no need to cause problem s again, I really hate such links to past threads in order to make people think badly about me, that is fake.

How the hell is it "fake"? You wrote a bunch of very insulting stuff about an artist who is also a psynews member - attacking both his music and him personally - and you did it a few weeks ago. For you to then complain about the lack of respect that other people allegedly show artists on this forum is absolutely flabbergasting.

If you don't like people calling you out for acting like a twat, then you're more than welcome to stop acting like a twat.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not insult him personally, I only said that he used Pleiadians to advertise his music which in my opinion might be true, that is at least what I remember now and I am not hiding that newschool is not that close to oldschool in my opinion.

You are absolutely right reger, Filteria is absolutely a wannabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo true, and you are so right that suntrip and he himself were pushing it extremly much that he sounds like pleiadians. I think you can say you sound like someone, if you really sound like him, you can say you sound similar, but not that you sound exactly like that artist and not push it all the time and also the label so the fame rises. Filteria is uncreative music with lots and lots of layers which is typically copy and paste. Add one melody, duplicate the channels several times, copy and paste the melody, edit it, appregiate it and add some filter and alter the gain and you have Filteria cheese.

When Radi said that more artists should follow his example. I never could have guessed he meant artistically and musically.

That is a matter of taste.

Would you like every artist to sound like Imba? :huh:

I was under the impression you were talking about something else. That Imba was doing something for the scene or whatever, and other artists should follow. That is why I asked what is wrong with the other artists.

But no, you were talking about the music itself, which is entirely subjective. Didn't realize you were THAT narrow-minded :D

So basically, Radi,

what you want the other artists to do - when you say they should be more like Imba -

Is that you would like them to make the music YOU want them to make. What YOU think is real goa-trance. What YOU think is good music.

Isn't that extremely egocentric and frankly, its a bit sociopathic aswell.

That mainly happened because of my anger about the newschool scene and the Filteria worship. Some people claim he is a true oldschool musician and is similar to Pleiadians although there aren`t any similarities.When you listen to Deep Frequencies or Time Dilation you will notice, that Filteria is very different in sound.

When Radi said that more artists should follow his example. I never could have guessed he meant artistically and musically.

That is a matter of taste.

Would you like every artist to sound like Imba? :huh:

I was under the impression you were talking about something else. That Imba was doing something for the scene or whatever, and other artists should follow. That is why I asked what is wrong with the other artists.

But no, you were talking about the music itself, which is entirely subjective. Didn't realize you were THAT narrow-minded :D

Yes, I would love similar artists to him or better to say I would love artists who produce goa trance and not digital newschool. I want to experience the drive and atmosphere of real goa tracks again.

You are absolutely right reger, Filteria is absolutely a wannabee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is sooo true, and you are so right that suntrip and he himself were pushing it extremly much that he sounds like pleiadians. I think you can say you sound like someone, if you really sound like him, you can say you sound similar, but not that you sound exactly like that artist and not push it all the time and also the label so the fame rises. Filteria is uncreative music with lots and lots of layers which is typically copy and paste. Add one melody, duplicate the channels several times, copy and paste the melody, edit it, appregiate it and add some filter and alter the gain and you have Filteria cheese.

Dafuq. Filtera is one of the very reasons neogoa is where its at today.

We have him to thank for alot of things. That was the most disrespectful shit Ive ever read.

My god.

aliendna99,

It is not only my opinion, it is the opinion of a lot of people, some of those I know even personally. There is a Greek friend I know that does not like newschool goa at all. I don`t say the music is shit, it might be great for others, just like for some people rap is great or country music but it is not similar to oldschool goa and lacks the atmosphere and deepness of oldschool. I have discussed that with so many people, do you think all the goa trance fans are here in the forum? They are not, there are many who are not here and many are not here just because they don`t like the new stuff at all. They ay the new stuff is not spiritual and the true effect of goa trance is gone, so I beg you don`t say it is only my opinion. We are having this discussion every few months and many people have the same opinion.

That mainly happened because of my anger about the newschool scene and the Filteria worship.

Oh, really? That's OK then. As long as you're angry about the fact that people like music you don't like, you can be as disrespectful as you want to the artists without any negative consequences. Perhaps you could clear something up for me, though - does this rule apply to people other than you? When you wrote that you "would appreciate a bit more respect to the artists in this forum", are we allowed to disrespect artists if we're sufficiently angry that other people like their music, or is that only okay when you do it?

Some people claim he is a true oldschool musician and is similar to Pleiadians although there aren`t any similarities.

Right, none at all. I mean, some people seemed to think that Filteria's first album sounded more like Pleiadians than the prog & fullon that dominated the scene back in 2004, but those people were obviously wrong, because there aren't any similarities at all between Filteria and Pleiadians. None whatsoever.

I do think Filteria (at least at first) sounded much too similar to Pleiadians for my taste. And that put me off personally although now I am more receptive of people using older sounds and styles.

Have seen him live a couple of times and he does do a good set.

Space Elves was a good purchase for me. Enjoyed it.

Pedro

aliendna99,

It is not only my opinion, it is the opinion of a lot of people, some of those I know even personally. There is a Greek friend I know that does not like newschool goa at all. I don`t say the music is shit, it might be great for others, just like for some people rap is great or country music but it is not similar to oldschool goa and lacks the atmosphere and deepness of oldschool. I have discussed that with so many people, do you think all the goa trance fans are here in the forum? They are not, there are many who are not here and many are not here just because they don`t like the new stuff at all. They ay the new stuff is not spiritual and the true effect of goa trance is gone, so I beg you don`t say it is only my opinion. We are having this discussion every few months and many people have the same opinion.

Dude.

You are not getting it are you?

In fact what you are saying is even my point.

People have different opinions of music. It is SUBJECTIVE.

That doesnt give you the right to dictate what other artists should do, and slander them for doing something you dont like.

I happen to like both new and old-school.

First, anyone can like waht he wants.

I don`t say the music is shit, it might be great for others, just like for some people rap is great or country music but it is not similar to oldschool goa and lacks the atmosphere and deepness of oldschool

Second, I think that some people jsut wanted to praise Filteria and say good words to him, because there was nothing out there that was close in sound to oldschool, but I have talked to some friends and they agree Filteria is nothing like Pleiadians.

First, anyone can like waht he wants.

Second, I think that some people jsut wanted to praise Filteria and say good words to him, because there was nothing out there that was close in sound to oldschool, but I have talked to some friends and they agree Filteria is nothing like Pleiadians.

Who the fuck cares if he sounds like pleiadians or not?

His music is awesome.

There was nothing like it when he did it.

The only thing close was the pleiadians sound.

Dafuq man

I think we all have the right to slate artists (or styles) that we don't like. But I think Radi's approach is sometimes quite unpalatable. One among his various sins.

Pedro

also talking shit about Filteria - one of the actual creators of the newschool wave - is fuckin blasphemy

thats the same as talking shit about astral or simon, you just dont do it

You might love it or not, but in my opnion I could have lived without Filteria inventing newschool. I would have preferred someone like Imba would have created a real oldschool track or some of the old masters. I even think the simple track Hallucinogen - Space Cats is more goa in style and better than most tracks released on Suntrip and Tranceform. Fractal gates is indeet better, Aes Dana is great, but Khetzal and Filteria are far from real goa in my opinion.

space cats?

Also, stop comparing artist. Thats all I ever see you do.

You compare everything to everything else.

Music is diverse and subjective. Stop comparing it.

Also, if everyone made music that YOU like, that would be pretty freaking boring if everything sounded like electric universe or hallucinogen.

Its ok to hate music, I hate alot of music, but stop comparing eveyrthing, there is no sense doing that.

The world is big enough for ALL music

just now you put Aes Dana, khetzal and filteria in the same sentance. Why? They sound nothing alike? agian stop comparing like that its completely ludicrious

Wow i was few hours again... wtf happend?

Filteria is indeed one of the first of new school goa wave, actually few artists from Sweden. He is here today because he deserved it. Would he have bookings on major festivals if his music is shit?

I also don't like your comparing with someone. I wouldn't like someone to copy me or me to copy something. Music is interesting because is unique, so many styles. Difference made it amazing.

As i said before you should support others too. You focused on few artists and thats all. Even if someone music is pure shit you should show him respect.

Just think how much hours they spent to make some track, even if shit respect efforts. First that he made what he likes/feels in that moment, second he made it so you could have some new music to hear, and after all as this scene is small but now is much bigger and getting even more bigger... he choose to make this goa trance or psy trance which is non profitable just to support scene and people who follow it. Some of them spent a lot money on gear that they will never get back.

ARTISTS MAKES WHAT THEY LIKE, NOT WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE.

You know how much them sending me tracks to give them feedback? Every day i got few and some are so bad that makes me sick, makes me to leave goa just because i heard it lol but i always give them subtle reply. If you start to speak, specialy about new artists that their music is shit and they need biggest support as the new ones, you might kill genre that you like this way.

After all nice words you said before i feel like you are using my music wrong way, to show others how they are bad and how they should follow my example. That is just wrong.

You show yourself like some true goa-head but you have lack of goa spirit imo, maybe it's over-used word but i don't see PLUR in you. I recommend you to visit some parties or festivals and talk to as much people as you could, not just about goa, about everything, you might change your opinions after. I know, i did changed that way.

I wouldn't spend half hour again on endless explaining again and agani but it is in topic you, lets say tributed to me. You made joke from both of us.

Please don't use my name to spread hate, directly or indirectly, really don't.