Sign in to follow this  
astralprojection

what whas the first New School goa track

How we say in Germany: Wer sucht, der findet! 

Here some forgotten NEWSCHOOL pearls i found these days...and dont forget the task we have my friends. We will find the first NEWSCHOOL track out there!

What we have so far:

What do you Guys think about this Stuff??????????????????????????????????????????????????

there are no single tracks on yt from Electron Wave so check out please:

40:32 Interstellar Asylum, 49:40 Temporal Distortion , 56:55 Neuron Tranceiver

But the whole Album is Newschoolish.

• Like 1

Anoebis    399

I think we should never, ever try to put music in a box, based on a date. 

The music genre is GOA-TRANCE :D Of course you CAN (depends even) hear the difference between a 1994 or a 2012 created track, but I prefer to call this evolution, and as you know, Filteria is 100% analog/Synths so in theory his album coming out in 2020 could have been made in 1999 for instance :) Naaah, don't limit yourself to such definition, just enjoy the music because of the psychedelic feeling and melodies :) Because it is... Goa-trance :)  

• Like 1

Meh. Old school and new school is a thing and we certainly didn't invent it in this thread. We are simply trying to figure out what exactly new and old school means

• Like 3

thanosp81    298

I just had a revelation. The first proto-NeoGoa album is.......Crop Circles - Tetrahedron.

:mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:

whaaaat ? :D

what is new school about tetrahedron exactly in your mind? :) im very interested and i certainly will keep an open mind to what you say :)

On 6/24/2019 at 11:32 AM, Anoebis said:

I think we should never, ever try to put music in a box, based on a date. 

The music genre is GOA-TRANCE :D Of course you CAN (depends even) hear the difference between a 1994 or a 2012 created track, but I prefer to call this evolution, and as you know, Filteria is 100% analog/Synths so in theory his album coming out in 2020 could have been made in 1999 for instance :) Naaah, don't limit yourself to such definition, just enjoy the music because of the psychedelic feeling and melodies :) Because it is... Goa-trance :)  

maybe i was a bit harsh to this reply, because i do agree with you in philosophy. but , from a nerds perspective i do want to get to the bottom of this thing :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

I just had a revelation. The first proto-NeoGoa album is.......Crop Circles - Tetrahedron.

:mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow::mellow:

Then i have an earlier one IFO! xDDDDD

Layered...Stormy apregio melodies...quite synthetic...

1997! 

I mean...we are searching for the first Newschool track. Maybe The Pleiadians/Etnica/Crop Circles Guys were indeed the first (((proto))) Newschool Producers...??

:P

So what do you think Astralprojection? have we found what we want?

i am sure that a "What was the first Oldschool Goa track?" thread would be far more active...i have the feeling that N.Goa isnt really accepted by the older Goaheads :-/

yeah i think synsun - quazar is the clear winner.

and as for what constitues new school - for me im convinced that the main characteristic is a very clean sound, that the artist worked very very hard on to perfect. as in the old days, these guys were actual musicians, they played actual music, and the music was always in the forefront. the technical aspect of sound design was limited to the gear they had. some gear sounds amazing just from the get go which is why the old school has that sweet analog warm cozy sound quality. but; it happened automatically.

now with new school, most producers (certainly not all) use software.  with that comes an advantage - they have averything imaginable avaliable to them to truly perfect the mix. 

it will still not sound as warm and analog as it did in the old school. 

there, that is what i have learned and concluded, from this thread what the difference are =)

• Like 1

thanosp81    298

I would find very interesting the comments and thoughts of someone younger than us :) Someone that grew up with the NeoGoa and later found out about the oldschool Goa. See if they think there are differences and if yes what which exactly.

• Like 1

thanosp81    298
53 minutes ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Then i have an earlier one IFO! xDDDDD

I disagree. Pleiadians sound is more structures and well thought out, whereas Crop Circles is more chaotic and random, just like NeoGoa  :):):)

10 minutes ago, thanosp81 said:

I would find very interesting the comments and thoughts of someone younger than us :) Someone that grew up with the NeoGoa and later found out about the oldschool Goa. See if they think there are differences and if yes what which exactly.

me too :)

Just now, thanosp81 said:

I disagree. Pleiadians sound is more structures and well thought out, whereas Crop Circles is more chaotic and random, just like NeoGoa  :):):)

haha...yeah i like the Album you posted! 

My IFO post was half a Joke ;) ofcourse CC - T sounds more "NEW" than IFO...it was made one year later! At that time 1 year was like maybe 5 years now (In technical progress) 

Tsotsi    84
5 hours ago, thanosp81 said:

giphy-downsized.gif

Well my first album was RA - Earthcall and then Artha - Dream Telepathy, before that I labelled the album Loud - 5 Billion Stars as Goa. I didn't listen to any old school until about 2-3 years into my experience and didn't like it until one special night with me and Hallucinogen. How about that for credentials?

There are pretty big differences between the two. But I think we already know what they are. Old school had a sense of play about where you can almost feel the artists on the other side of the track. The good albums certainly feel like they come from artists with a broader musical range who loop A LOT LESS, probably due to hardware. The tracks have quirks and more subtle changes that are a result of live knob twisting and all that. The looping that does go on gets tweaked so it doesn't sound so same same. Also the tracks have room to move, much more space in oldschool.

HOWEVER, Kick drums are often weak and even if a good melody is present, having starting from heavily layered music I miss the craziness and extra psychedelia present in Neogoa layers. Some Old school blows my mind and I love how nothing is placed in a track without a purpose, but the real eargasms, increased heart rates and jumping around comes from Neogoa. 

While I hear the creative genius behind the classic old school albums, I get far more lost within modern classics.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

psytones    101

^ that is one nice reply Tsotsi, and a lot of good posts in here about the subject in general. So SynSUN, they won the spot? That is pretty cool, ha, who would have known. Cool for them. What an honour to be pulled up like that all the way in 2019 

Or will the sole OT spot go to another artist, another track?  Didn't the "Old is Gold" Goatrance releases contain some of the very first NewSchool Goatrance also?

• Like 1

thanosp81    298
26 minutes ago, psytones said:

Didn't the "Old is Gold" Goatrance releases contain some of the very first NewSchool Goatrance also?

Of course they did, I was wondering how no one had mentioned yet. I just don't know how back they go.

thanosp81    298
8 hours ago, Tsotsi said:

How about that for credentials?

Passed :+1:

Paul Eye    451

I still absolutely refuse to accept "NeoGoa" (especially with that capitalisation) as a genre name. You can try to convince me otherwise but you'll fail. To me it's all Goa Trance. Period.

And as for "the first newschool track", it's exactly as difficult to define as "the first goa trance track". There was a bit of fluctuation around the turn of the millennium. Off the top of my head, the Ra / Electron Wave / Dimension 5 trinity comes to mind, and also Tranceform Records with Blissful Moments / Ethereal / Ypsilon 5. Astral Projection's Amen isn't really oldschool either. Filteria was among them too but I don't hold him in nearly as high regard as most of the scene seems to.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul Eye said:

I still absolutely refuse to accept "NeoGoa" (especially with that capitalisation) as a genre name. You can try to convince me otherwise but you'll fail. To me it's all Goa Trance. Period.

And as for "the first newschool track", it's exactly as difficult to define as "the first goa trance track". There was a bit of fluctuation around the turn of the millennium. Off the top of my head, the Ra / Electron Wave / Dimension 5 trinity comes to mind, and also Tranceform Records with Blissful Moments / Ethereal / Ypsilon 5. Astral Projection's Amen isn't really oldschool either. Filteria was among them too but I don't hold him in nearly as high regard as most of the scene seems to.

Sure! Goa is Goa but we want to go into detail and zoom into it to find the differences between the "colours of Goa"

Astralprojection is doing a precise Lexicon of Psychedelic music :D. so we should give our best to deliver him inspiration and ideas!

There is a difference in between of Goa Trance Music!

Are this Tracks for example really the "same" Goa for you?? 

Melodic/Classic, Neo, Progressive, Psychedelic, Industrial, Vocal, Breakbeat, downbeat, Neurofunk/psychedelic DnB and maybe many more...

Paul Eye    451

I don't see how this is at all relevant to the oldschool/newschool discussion we're having here, but I like my goa trance "dark" (to put it in generic and easily digestible terms), thank you very much.

Paul Eye    451
1 hour ago, Psychedelic Superbeast said:

Are this Tracks for example really the "same" Goa for you?? 

Funny how you didn't quote Anoebis saying basically the exact same thing as I did.

20 minutes ago, Paul Eye said:

I don't see how this is at all relevant to the oldschool/newschool discussion we're having here, but I like my goa trance "dark" (to put it in generic and easily digestible terms), thank you very much.

i also told in the beginning that i personally destingush goa by feeling. Newschool is future/space/cyberpunk for me but also Ethereal, Chi AD and many others...But almost all the people said that Newschool has more differences than only the atmosphere. For example in the production...and they are also right about it! Oldschool sounds very "foggy" compared to recent Goa production...you cant even mix Oldschool with Newschool in a cool way :/

"I don't see how this is at all relevant to the oldschool/newschool discussion we're having here..."

i think we dont understand each other...or at least you dont want to agree with me, but thats ok

you also had a problem with my name "Deadrah" in one of my first trys to make Goa...so :)

Paul Eye    451

So this is basically your way of taking "revenge" on me.

Oh how lovely.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Eye said:

So this is basically your way of taking "revenge" on me.

Oh how lovely.

no, you are just the second one after Anoebis who has the  "All Goa is just Goa..."opinion :)

Thats not the point...i know its very nerdy here but i like it, because i love this music and i want to dive deep into it with other people like me...until now it was quite fun and passionate!

I by the way like too the more darker colour of Goa Paul Eye :+1: Like i posted: Semsis, Orichalcum, Samdman...does it sound like "Artifact303 - Feelings"? i dont think so...

"I don't see how this is at all relevant to the oldschool/newschool discussion we're having here..."

This sentence was the problem for me because it was based of hate or something else. thats because i mentioned the thing with the name.